Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When should Matt Stafford start?
I don't know if I can buy that argument. Yes, Peyton started his rookie year.. and had a horrible season (set the rookie record for most INT's in a season). Yeah, Aikman started as a rookie.. and had a horrible first few years. But for those two, I bet I could dig up 10 others that started as rookies and bombed and never made an impact in the NFL. If you ask me, the Lions are in win NOW mode because if they don't, they risk losing an enormous chunk of an already shrunken fan base.. and winning 3 or 4 ain't gunna be good enough.

I agree, if the competition is close or he's flat out incredible in camp, Stafford should start. But if it's obvious that Culpepper will give you a better chance to win now, I think you have to let him have the reins until he proves otherwise and then hope Stafford will develop into "the franchise" by the beginning of next year (a la Palmer). But hey, if they lose out again or go 2-14 or some crap, they could go ahead and draft Bradford or maybe snag Tebow in the second round. :roll: Oh, right.. Millen's gone. My bad. Wink
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread