Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When should Matt Stafford start?
zdunklee Wrote:Did you even take the time to read my link at all? If so you would see the guy actually studied it and put together emperical proof of there really not being any difference between them sitting and then starting except that they become better earlier if they start as a rookie.
zdunklee Wrote:His findings were that a good QB is a good QB no matter when the start and thus it doesn't matter if they sit or start their first year.

Also.. isn't that kind of contradictory? Angel Because based on the first statement it would seem then that starting any rookie quarterback would be a necessity because of the acceleration of their development. I think guys like David Carr, Health Shuler and Akili Smith would have something to say about that..

This discussion is also completely disregarding the team around them, too. I realize it's probably impossible to quantify teammate's contributions.. but if you have a bunch of third-string no-name receivers, it's going to be different than if you're throwing to Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, or Randy Moss.

Finally.. a statement from the link:
He should start his best QB, rookie or not, and not worry about incubating him under a ballcap on the sidelines. In the end, it should be the coach's qualitative judgment on the readiness of the player.

Whoever gives you the best chance to win NOW, period.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread