Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Tax Dollars At Work
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:The issue i have is that i've been to 1 call as a fireman in our district where a car crossed the median. So it doesn't seem like there is a huge demand for it. Also they're planning to widen 94 in my area to three lanes...this will interfere and will have to be tore down in a few years. So there are 2 non-opinionated reasons. As for the opinions ,if I'm driving to work on the interstate and slide into the median now (pre-wires) i'm stuck, no damage to my truck, and probably deserve the cost of the wrecker as i was probably going to fast for conditions. But later (post wires) I'll possibly total my car and will cause damage to the wires resulting in MORE tax dollars to be spent. Also, what is to happen if I'm riding my motorcycle down the interstate, have a seizer or something happen and smack into the wires?...better bring the corriner with 3 hefty sacks cause i'll be in a few different pieces. I would prefer the concrete barriers, at least they are less maintenance and are moderately movable when the interstate gets widened.

They put them up on 131 south of GR as well, and they are putting up almost a 20 mile stretch on 96 between Lansing and Flint.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."

Messages In This Thread