Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Mercy Hospital
krystal Wrote:Plus, it's not the hospital or the government that decides whether you live or die, it's YOU who decides.

I think that's the concern for a lot of people. Should the government have control of, or a major say in, your treatment options there is a somewhat valid concern. If you have something like pancreatic cancer (which I gather is almost always terminal and rarely treatable beyond pain management), you should have the right to choose whether you want to fight for those last few months of medicine-addled "life", go the pain management route, or possibly choose to end it quickly and quietly.

I realize insurance companies already practice a type of rationing when it comes to paying forhealth care, but people are more afraid of the government making decisions for them than they are of having someone solely concerned with the bottom line. If you ask me, this aspect won't be that much different than the way things are now. There's just too many other issues I have with the plans being presented for me to be in support of government-run healthcare.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread