Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Mechanics Rip you off
I'm trying to remember all the bad oil changes i've had.

Had a quick lube place put 6 quarts of oil in my V6 Ranger...yah gallon and a half... Now I'm the type of guy that checks the oil nearly every gasoline fill up. so i noticed the oil was WAY over full which is not good for the truck. I took it in,fought with them on the amount of oil it takes, and told them not matter what they thought it took for oil I only wanted 5 quarts in. They randomly drained some out oil and called it 'good' and gave me a "ok you're all set". I mentioned that I chose to pay extra for Valvoline High Mileage oil, so I wanted some money back for the extra oil I bought, they gave me a 10% off my next change coupon...I replied again with, "1, i paid more than 10% for that one quart of oil and 2, do you think I'm coming back here?" the guy gave me a $5 bill from his pocket and asked if i was happy now (snidely) and replied with a "YES, thank you!"

Uncle Ed's 'pressure tested' my rear diff in a Chevy truck I had, the test blew a hole in the diff cover leaking out all the gear lube. Luckily I had my transmission guy look at my tranny and he noticed it, fixed it, re-filled it, and charged me only for the diff cover....and apologized for the diff cover because it was an extra $5 as they only had chrome in stock. My trans guy was a good guy, Uncle Ed can lick my balls.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"

Messages In This Thread