Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheating Death
Biff Wrote:
krystal Wrote:My Dad, now, has some crazy stories from when he was in Iraq if y'all want me to tell them.

Yes!

Okay! I'll tell them as I was told, and the way I understand it to be. All of these stories are from 2004 - 2006.

-- My Dad rejoined the National Guard when I started college and was shipped to Iraq shortly thereafter. On my nineteenth birthday he called me from overseas. (Note: this is the one and only time my Dad has ever called me on my birthday). Well somehow or another he said "I'm not in Iraq right now, but in Kuwait," to which I replied "Why are you in Kuwait?" and he says "We (he rode in a convoy) ran over a road-side bomb." "Are you okay????" "Yeah I just cut my finger."

-- I don't know the story behind it, but he was in a helicopter crash, broke his knee, and was sent to a hospital in Germany before being sent to the hospital at Fort Gordon, Georgia.

-- Dad was on leave to come home for my sister's wedding, and was on multiple flights, one from Germany to Ireland, from Ireland to New York, from New York to Atlanta, from Atlanta to Nashville. The plane was struck by lightning while going over Iceland and had to emergency land.

And lastly:

-- Somehow my Dad and some of the guys in his outfit were trapped in a dead-end alley, surrounded. Chuck, one of the guys in the outfit, somehow was able to get out. He ran back and forth, in and out of a safer, covered area, covering the guys until, one-by-one, he got everyone out. That man is my hero. He was discharged shortly thereafter for mental instability because of that and received no awards or commendations for it. That still pisses me off.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."

Messages In This Thread