Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titan is a Giant Fat Ass
Titan! Wrote:I really can't put too much stock in the BMI, it only calculates based on your height and weight (some BMI calculators also figure in your age and gender)

BMI does not account for muscle mass or body fat % and to me is therefore only slightly useful, kind of like parking lights on a car.

However my new scale not only gives me my weight, but also my fat in lbs, body fat %, water weight, bone weight, and BMI all kinds of numbers.

The two that matter most to me though, are my weight, and my girth currently 60.5 inches, standing. (insert penis joke here)

I'm slowly getting to the point where the gym is part of my daily life rather than some drudging chore that I must do.

When I first started going to the gym at the first of the month, my goal was 20 minutes of cardio, either on the tread mill, or the eliptical runner. I couldn't do the full 20 minutes at a time, I had to stop after 5 minutes, catch my breath, then do another 5 minutes. NOw however, I'm doing the full 20 minutes continuously onthe eliptical, with a "bonus" of 5 to 10 minutes on the treadmill. Once I've gotten to 30 minutes continuous on the eliptical, I'm planning on adding a light free weight work out.

If you're looking for a gym that has a low monthly fee, take a look at Fitness 19, I only pay 12.00 per month and they have pretty much everything you could want from a gym. However they are a "bare bones" gym, no locker rooms, and a lot of equipment crammed into a medium small space.

How does you scale manage to calculate all those things for you. And good advice on the fitness 19, unfortunately nothing near where I am located
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!

Messages In This Thread