Poll: Would you be in favor of a move back to proboards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
18.75%
3 18.75%
No
31.25%
5 31.25%
Either way.
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Poll
Rebel Wrote:I have seen several posts in this thread that suggest the show at one time supported and legitimized this forum, but now no longer does. Can anyone point me to a thread that would explain what happened? Sorry if this question opens up an old can of worms; resisting curiosity is not my strong suit.

Not actually sure if there's really one devoted thread to that story. If somebody else feels like finding one, feel free to link it. According to my (sometimes failing) memory, here's what happened...

Back when Biff first started the board, probably June/July '08, the guys on the show noticed it and started talking about it on the air. They put a link on their website and even created accounts on here. Occasionally they'd post, but mostly they'd lurk. For a few months they'd talk about this board on a somewhat regular basis-- mention funny posts, talk about specific threads, stuff like that. All the while, membership kept growing and growing and growing. For note, we were still on the old ProBoards site at this point still.

Don't really remember when it first started to happen, but at some point the guys started to sort of complain about people on the board being negative about the show. At first they just sort of joked about it, but it seemed like it started to get under their skin. They started to call us the 'Spite Board'. It's not like people went out of their way to rip on the guys and their show, but it's true that there were some discussions that centered around stuff we didn't like about the show. Around this time the guys started to talk about the board less frequently. I believe the link was still on their website, however.

At some point Biff made the decision to migrate the board over to this site. We felt a custom URL would be easier to remember and share (ProBoards was some big long URL with random letters and numbers in it) and we also felt like a cleaner, flashier look to the board itself would be nice. We made the move, and the guys on the show seemed pretty excited to share the news on their broadcasts. They talked about the new site and told people how to transfer their accounts from the old board.

Not too long after that the show brought on their 'new help' (the syndicator and their new website guy). It seemed like right at this point the almost immediately quit talking about the board, they took down the link to it from their website, and they just sort of acted like we weren't around. Not surprisingly, this was the same time they put their VIP content up, which included a message board of their own. I think you can put 1 and 1 together. Everything is speculation, but we basically think the 'new help' told them to part ways with us.

Messages In This Thread