Poll: Would you be in favor of a move back to proboards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
18.75%
3 18.75%
No
31.25%
5 31.25%
Either way.
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Poll
I don't think moving would have anything to do with it. To get new members to a "Free Beer and Hot Wings" message board, you need them to talk about it and put a link on their site. They definitely don't owe it to us or anything to mention us, but that would be the only way to attract new people again.

I can understand their frustration about how spiteful some of the posts can get. It must be very annoying. I work for Walmart, so I can understand people complaining ALL the time. I just hope they realize that most of their listeners aren't like that. I admit, I've complained a few times, most notably about how I miss the funny local segments that were on the podcast before that aren't there anymore. I do feel a little let down by some of the changes made with the new website and the new syndicator, but it's making them more successful and I'm in no position to complain about that. I've been a listener since they got one of their early stations, and my friend and I have been a podcaster for almost 4 years now. I went through a horrible divorce right before I discovered them, thought I'd never laugh again, and as ridiculous as it sounds, they helped me find my voice.

Due to geographical boundries, I'm not able to be as close to other forum members as some of them are, but I have had good conversations with a few... and I've noticed that a lot of us here on the forum have similar stories. We have one thing in common... we are all fans of a certain radio show, but the conversations on here go WAY beyond that. I can tell that you Grand Rapiders (and some beyond) have made friends for life from this board, and I really hope the guys on the show have noticed that. It's just a shame that it seems that more people go away than come back.

Maybe they'd let us advertise the forum on their Facebook site or something at least.

Messages In This Thread