Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is segment 1-5?
milton Wrote:Note about that podcast:

There's a recorder that goes on whenever the Mics are on, and it records those files to a server that is accessible at the radio station. It works perfect because it saves the files as separate segments and it's all automatic.

At around 5:30am Zane noticed that the particular day on the server was empty. I went and told the engineer about it, but it didn't start recording correctly until the 6th segment. There is a CD burner that runs during the show and records the segments, so i went and got the CDs and ripped the files to the computer, and then gave them to Zane to upload.

For whatever reason, the MP3 files from the CD were really big (looking back, maybe it was recorded in Stereo instead of mono?). Zane tried to upload them but the uploader just kept returning errors.

So, just so you know, we really did give it a legitimate attempt. I'm a podcaster myself so I know how annoying the errors are.
That's pretty interesting, learning how it works. Is there any way the volume can be cranked a little bit between the mics and the recorder? The only segments that I don't have to turn way up are the flashbacks.

Messages In This Thread