Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/21/2012
I looked everywhere to see if I could find a post for this... if their is one forgive me because I missed it, but here goes my rant...

I am sick and tired of people saying that December 21 2012 is the day the world will end. This all stems from people not understanding what they see and reading far far too into what they hear. Anyway, with all of the attention connected to this date lately, I was just curious as to what everyone makes of this? I have done a little research and from what I have come to understand the Mayans prediction never stated that this would be the 'END OF THE WORLD' but the end of an age.... and the beginning of a new age, or calander. From what I have come to understand, the Mayans have three calanders running at all times, and on December 21st 2012, this is when the third and the longest calander ends, and a new one begins... There is very huge cosmic event on this day where the Universe and the Milkyway intersect in a very interesting way called the 'Sacred Tree,' and this is where the Mayans based their calander off of. Around 11 in the morning to be exact. Apparently this hasn't happened for THOUSANDS of years, so it was a really big deal to the Mayans. Other people claim that Nostradamus' far fetched and generalized prediction also coincides with the date. In fact the prediction actually is for somewhere around July-September 1999, and it predicts a comit hitting earth... last I checked 1999 was almost 10 years ago... People attribute this to the fact that he meant AROUND the year 1999, so naturally he really meant 2012, the same year the Mayan calander ends. Anyway... though myself, or anyone else that matter, doesn't REALLY know what is going to happen this day, I would be willing to take bets the world will not, in fact, endSmile I just wonder what everyone else has come up with?

Messages In This Thread