Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Website - Podcast format
So today was my big test trying out the single file podcast. I pulled in my driveway when I came home and went to hit pause and instead I hit the back arrow, starting the track at 0:00. I knew it was during the Chastity Bono segment but I had no idea where in the 4 hour 15 minute segment it was. I remember glancing down once when there was 2 hours remaining, but I knew I had listened for a while since then. So I hit fast forward on my ipod, which skips about 20 seconds at a time, I heard for a second Linda Hogan sobbing, I heard something about the Redwings, bleeps from the interview with the New Jersey guy. It was like listening to the whole show over. I stopped the 2 hour mark. No, that's not it, I listened to that a while ago. More ff.... oh, I'm getting closer, there's the talk about the fat woman on the flatbed truck, that was recent. There...there's talk about Chastity Bono! Now, where was I in here? I skipped around and I find the last thing I heard.. seconds before that segment ends. Really? I was at the end of that segment anyway? If I had a timer, I'd have known it was ending soon, would have been a great place to pause... HAD I KNOWN. Honestly, total time trying to find my place again... over 10 minutes.

I'm not trying to be spiteful here. I love listening to FBHW. I may have complained some about them getting rid of Name That Tune, but other than that, I have absolutely no complaints. I know it sounds stupid, but after my divorce, the podcast kept me going. Cheesy, I know, but this new format is such a pain in the ass. I'll get used to it I guess, if that's how it has to be, but does ANYONE like it?

Messages In This Thread