Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Detroit Lions 2009 Schedule
zdunklee Wrote:I don't see the lions beating Washington at all unless they show a very major improvement against the running game, Portis is a beast and they have Randel-El and Moss at WR for a great triple threat along with either Jason Campbell, Colt Brennen, or Chase Daniel at QB...yikes...

They have good offensive weapons, certainly.. but I don't think Jason Campell will pan out. And there's a reason Brennen wasn't drafted until the seventh and Daniel signed as UFA after the draft. You can't compare them with Brady or other continually successful late round picks.. Brady ran an NFL-style offense for years at U of M. Brennen and Daniel both ran pass-heavy spread offenses neither has a strong arm and Daniel lacks the (typical) size to be successful in the NFL. The only relatively small guys to succeed at QB lately that I remember are Flutie and Brees. It may or may not be a factor, but Schwartz is also familiar with Washington's big FA pickup in Haynseworth. I'm willing to bet he knows how exploit any weakness he may have.

In any case, I know I'm overly-optimistic.. but I really think they could have a decent (by Lions's standards) year and surprise a few people.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread