Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasting Announcement
Hello Podcasters!

Just a quick note to let you know about some changes that will be coming to the podcast.

First, a simple change. The long 2 minute gaps that have been included between segments in the Full Podcast will now be removed in favor of a much shorter gap...most likely in the 5-10 second range. We started to include these when we switched to the new website and were only offering the Full Podcast version of the show. It made it easy for listeners to fast forward, if they wanted to, and be able to identify where the segments ended. Since so many people expressed interest in having the Segmented Podcast return, it is now back and there is no longer a need for such large gaps in the Full Podcast.

I will now be handling both the Full Podcast and the Segmented Podcast. In the past, Zane was doing the full and I was doing the segmented. This is the reason for any inconsistencies between the two versions (missing segments, double segments, etc). Having one person responsible for both will be helpful in providing a much more consistent product. This will also free up Zane to enhance his "pop off sound effects guy" offerings!

Beginning today, local breaks from Grand Rapids will no longer be included in either the Full Podcast or the Segmented Podcast. There have been some people that have expressed interest in hearing these short segments in the past, but they will not be included any longer. The reason for this is simple. We are a syndicated show and including local content to a non-local listener is just not necessary. Back when the podcast was first offered (before my time!), these breaks were not included. As the show has grown, responsibilities of each of the show members have increased drastically and editing out the local content has fallen by the wayside. From the standpoint of a syndicated show, it just does not make sense to include this and it will be edited out.

My goal from this point forward is to provide the most easy and consistent podcasting experience for you, the PAYING listener. I think that with these changes in effect, it'll happen. Thanks again for your patience.

Steve McKiernan
Associate Producer
The Free Beer and Hot Wings Morning Show
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- w -->

Messages In This Thread