Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasting Announcement
I'm with everyone who wants the local breaks to continue to be included; especially the 16th segment. It was originally added because Zane asked us if we wanted it and the majority of podcasters said, "yes."

I can understand the logic behind taking out the local stuff since this is a nationally syndicated radio show but I believe you need to look at it from podcasters' perspective, Steve. At the end of the day, it's part of the show and to not include it does feel like you're taking something away from us. It's pretty easy for the people who don't want to hear it to fast forward. But it doesn't work the other way around. If it's not there those of us who do want to hear it now only can if we listen to the show as it airs.

I for one can say that I have participated in MANY local events and fundraisers specifically because I heard the guys (usually Zane) talk about them in the local breaks and the 16th segment.

I urge you to please reconsider Steve. You've been doing some great work since you joined the crew. You've made fantastic improvements to the website and made the overall experience of the show better for me. But I must voice my disappointment with taking away the local stuff. I definitely feel like I'm missing 10-15% of the show because of that.

Thanks for reading and I hope this didn't come off as just one of the many complainers continuing to act annoyed about every little thing.

Edit: At the very least, might I suggest making a poll about this on the official website? If most fans say they don't want the segments then fair enough. It just seems to me that if you can get tangible evidence that listeners want the segments then you should include them.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown

Messages In This Thread