Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasting Announcement
Philly Mike Wrote:I don't know if there is too much of a need to start bitching out of control. But I do feel that we should be given a say in the matter especially considering we are paying for the podcast. I don't want to sound bitchy or anything I just always enjoyed those locals. Yeah the news ones didnt have as many moments but they had some, however I am catching up and just heard the line of doom with the wheel of hickey. omfg that is an instant classic of a segment. I have heard previous line of dooms that were great too, like the smashing your own car to get a car starter, or the tramp stamp the show logo. Also there are other fun ones like the bowling bowl drop from about 2 years ago, not to mention the whole bootlyn thing that bled into the in between local segments and the 16th, and then there was zanes hockey crush. There is also the JT bashing, beginning with him being ugly, then going on to be the ultra pervo man, and now he is the ratings loss for the station. there are many other examples that show it doesn't really matter where you are from, they are just plain funny. I don't think we need to go over anyones head, but maybe just try to talk it out with steev to see what can be done about it seeing as there is a lot of support for this. There is no reason to cause any trouble and just seeming like we must be entitled to all of this just because. Granted we do pay for this, but nonetheless it is their show, but that doesn't mean we can't at least try to reason with them before emailing anyone other than any show members or just trying to talk to steev through here. Past shows they do listen and I don't see how this should be treated any different.

While I agree somewhat with you Mike, it seems as tho the show simply ignores what is being said on both forums. Which is their usual B.S. when confronted with upset listeners. Only this time we actually pay them for a product, so I personally feel like they owe us answers and that 16th segment because I paid for it. I feel the only way we will get a response out of any of the show members is to go over their head and get Peter on their case, otherwise like every other time listeners are upset they will just ignore it.

It would be different if it was a free podcast, but it isn't and as paying customers their current level of customer service is shit. And as paying customers we are entitled to get what we originally paid for. This would be like getting carpet put in your house, but the company decided they weren't going to tack the carpet down and just lay it there on the floor even tho you paid for the full install.

Anyway here is my email:

Quote:Peter,

I am writing to you concerning my disappointment with Free Beer and Hot Wings decision to eliminate what they call the local breaks from their podcasts. I along with many others feel that this is something we paid for when we bought the podcast and many of us podcasters now feel like we are being disrespected by the show. Long ago Eric Zane asked us if we would want to hear the local stuff in the podcasts and the overwhelming majority of the podcasters said they wanted to hear it, which is the reason that it was included in the first place.

If you look on the forums at freebeerandhotwings.com there is currently no one that wants these taken out, and it is the hottest topic on their forums as well, with over 32 replies in favor of keeping the local segments. Actually most of us are fine with or without the local stuff at the beginning of the segments, but we all want the 16th segment back. With all that has been cut from the podcast we have lost at least 10% of the content that we feel we have paid for, and when the new website came live we were told the VIP memberships would allow us access to MORE content, so far this is proving to be false as only 4-5 short segments have been added for VIP's only and 20-30 minuets a day have been taken off the podcast.

As of now I do not feel like I am getting what I paid for and do not plan to renew my podcast when the time comes. It seems like the sentiment is the same from the rest of us that actually PAY real money to listen to what is a free morning show. Being a paying customer this is terrible customer service from the show and the members as usual just decide to ignore the situation thus making the paying listeners even more upset because our concerns are not being addressed. I would like to thank you for your time and hopefully this situation can be resolved and us podcasters will get the full podcast once again.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."

Messages In This Thread