Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Celebrity Death Pool
For those of you who do not know what this is or how to play, I will explain.

You will choose 10 different celebrities who as of 12/31/2009 @ 11:59 PM are still living. (Yes you can edit your selections if you choose now and someone dies before the end of the year). Any edits after 11:59 PM on 12/31/09 will disqualify you from the game.

For these picks, if one of the people actually pass on in 2010 you will get points. The poster with the most points at 11:59 PM 12/31/2010 will win the pool.

Scoring is as follows: (I chose to do it this way to circumvent the cherry picking of old celebrities)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will get points based on the month the celebrity passes. There are 12 months in a year, so there are 12 possible points. The way it is scored is to take the month that the celebrity passes and subtract it from 13. IE... If Jane Doe is one of your picks and she expires in May of 2010, you will get 8 points (13 minus 5)

You also will get points based on the celebrities age. The most points I will award is 100. So again, in our example, Jane Doe, if she is 67 years old when she passes, you will get 33 points. (100 minus 67).

The two scores combined will equal your awarded score for each correct pick. So Jane Doe would have earned you 41 points.

If you choose someone that is over 100 years of age, IE... John Doe is 103 years old and passes in September of 2010, you will still get the 4 points for passing in September, but you will actually lose 3 because of the 100 minus age rule. Thus you will score 1. It is possible to gain a negative score.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try and update a list of players and their scores as the year goes on and then determine the winner at the end of the year.

The second post will contain everyones picks (edited in as they are posted) and the third post will be my picks.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

Messages In This Thread