Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocation...for the better of show?
breadboy09 Wrote:Yes, they should move to accommodate you.
DeverDave your gay!
Even on the west coast they will get it 3-8 if it ever makes it all the way over there and that still isnt a big deal but I guarantee that it would be on tape delay if it ever made it that far.

The show is still just as funny and interesting even if you listen after it airs.
denverdave Wrote:As FBHW continue to grow their listener base, I think they are eventually going to have to leave GR or more importantly, the Eastern Time Zone. I've listened to them for years on WGRD, but now that I live in Denver, I have to rely on podcasts. It seems to me that as they continue to add Central time zone listening areas, the radio stations are going to want them on the air during the key hours of 6AM to 9AM. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but that's the only way I'll ever get them live in Denver :o

So for all the Grand Rapids listeners, if FBHW move to the Central time zone, would it affect your listening?

Everyone is leaving Michigan for jobs anyways :-X

I'd still listen, but the premise is absurd. Why would they move out of the Easter timezone? Makes no sense. (Although, MI does suck.)
I wish my station carried the show until 10 am EST............. stupid 9 am cut off. MF'ers!
they won't move. they have said a number of times how much they love the GR area - they really do love the community of west michigan... plus they all grew up in MI. I get the sense that they feel like they are at a peak in their careers and wouldn't change a thing about their show... let alone move it to a new area
I highly doubt they would move. It's clear they moved because they missed the great state of Michigan, plus they are less than an hour from our University, and they have set down good roots here. I think maybe if they did, it would be to the Detroit Area since all but Free Beer is from Metro Detroit.
wienerpoopie Wrote:BITCH BITCH BITCH!!

Who's bitching? I was just explaining how the show has changed over the past two years.
obviously, if you've been on that frequently, then you're interacting. problem solved.
Nope, moving is out.
They better not leave my hometown of GR.
kaboobie Wrote:The show is on from 5:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. EST... which is 4:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. CST... your argument that being on an eastern time zone misses the key hours of 6:00 to 9:00 is wrong. You are still getting the show during the key hours.

EXACTLY what I was going to say. If its not in Denver its NOT because of the time. I listen live in the 5 o'clock hour almost daily then podcast the rest so yes, I would be affected.
I'll be pissed if they leave Grand Rapids. FB, HW, and Eric Zane are all from Michigan and they have all said it was their goal to eventually return home to Michigan so I doubt they will want to leave.
I think it would take a big chunk of money for them to move, they seem to like it where they are at.

I am however surprised a station in Detroit has not picked them up. They are growing, but it seems it's all in smaller markets.
Dance.Commander Wrote:I think it would take a big chunk of money for them to move, they seem to like it where they are at.

I am however surprised a station in Detroit has not picked them up. They are growing, but it seems it's all in smaller markets.

They would have a hard time cracking into the Detroit market with the residual Drew and Mike fan base at this point in time. Now that drew has left they may find an in but I know Mike, Mark and Mike still do very well in the ratings even without Drew. Maybe after a while the remaining WRIF morning fan base will begin to erode and they could slip in.

Howard Stern couldn't even crack in on their market shares. They were THAT good in Detroit.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Yeah, I never understood Drew & Mike's success in Detroit. I lived in Detroit for a couple years and could not stand them. Drew was alright, but Mike was so annoying with the laughing.
why would they leave the densely populated eastern time zone, to accommodate the less populated central. If they are worried about getting more stations, they can actively seek new eastern markets. They have said on the air that they are excepting new markets, but not searching for them.
I really liked them for a while. There were times that they would harp on one point that I couldn't care less about or it annoyed me and I changed it.

What ever they did though, they had a stranglehold on that 25-54 demo.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
One of the reasons I like this show is that for me,it's local. It's something I can relate to, when they talk about an event I know where they're talking about. When they talk about road construction on 131, I know where and what they mean.

It's cool that they're branching out to other markets, but for me they're just down the road
Wowie Groovie !
wow this guy who started this is one selfish dick. Probably moved to denver to live in his parents basement. So inbetween beating it to pictures of men docking and giving neighborhood men mouth party he listens to the show. maybe he should do less fetch catching