Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite Beer?
Sam Adams (just about any of their flavors) is my favorite "easy to get" beers
Affligem Blond (Belgium) is my all time fav!
For anyone who cares, late this year there will be a new release of Sam Adams Utopias...now that's a real beer with 27% alcohol content!
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:For anyone who cares, late this year there will be a new release of Sam Adams Utopias...now that's a real beer with 27% alcohol content!

Aren't those usually about 200 $ per bottle ?

I saw some Same Adams chocolate bock a few weeks agofor 15.oo per bottle, and I was appaled. I'd really like to try it, bu damn man, for 15 bucks I can get 8 cans of Guinness
Wowie Groovie !
zdunklee Wrote:For anyone who cares, late this year there will be a new release of Sam Adams Utopias...now that's a real beer with 27% alcohol content!

Isn't that illegal in some states?
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Krystal Wrote:

Isn't that illegal in some states?

Yes, but not any of our states!

Samuel Adams Utopias can not be sold in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Washington, and West Virginia.
i'm surprised its allowed in PA, they don't allow everclear here, but then again the stuff can be used to fuel a rocket.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Queenie Wrote:I don't see what is racist about it, but are you planning a trip to Old Country Buffet in the near future?

maybe to pull some PA pranks? Wink

actually i was just looking it up to look at the menu earlier and the topic of it came up in the pa pranks lol

one of my favorite places to eat.
Philly Mike Wrote:i'm surprised its allowed in PA, they don't allow everclear here, but then again the stuff can be used to fuel a rocket.

Everclear = 151 proof (or 190 proof)

Sam Adams = 54 proof
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:[quote author=mmiranda board=bs thread=3197 post=73801 time=1236189071]
i never seen the 151 proof, they allow that stuff in PA like the bacardi 151, it is 190 (95% alcohol)

great stuff, very enjoyable to mix with some fruit punch and watch people drink away then make total asses of themselves within the span of less than an hour.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:[quote author=mmiranda board=bs thread=3197 post=73801 time=1236189071]
i never seen the 151 proof, they allow that stuff in PA like the bacardi 151, it is 190 (95% alcohol)

great stuff, very enjoyable to mix with some fruit punch and watch people drink away then make total asses of themselves within the span of less than an hour.

...... the story of my life....
Everclear was the greatest poor-college-student alcohol ever created. Mix it with cherry Kool-Aid and you have instant cough syrup.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Labaats, Redstripe, Molson xxx
211 anyone ?

[Image: SteelReserve.gif]
Wowie Groovie !
A cold Bud, Labatt or Foster's is decent, and they're available everywhere.. but my faves are:
Hoegaarden (Belgian white beer)
Landshark (One of those Margaritaville beers),
Modelo Especial (goes awesome at room temp with a burrito or what have you)
Dragon's Milk (from New Holland Brewery in downtown Holland.. good stuff)
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Hoegaarden (Belgian white beer)

Anytime I find that on tap, that place instantly becomes one of my favorites.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Dragon's Milk (from New Holland Brewery in downtown Holland.. good stuff)

I forgot about Dragon's Milk...now that's a good beer!
I'm sure I've posted this a few times before, but I've found I don't really care for much from New Holland... I frequently find their brews have a slight aftertaste that I just don't enjoy.
potthole Wrote:
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Hoegaarden (Belgian white beer)

Anytime I find that on tap, that place instantly becomes one of my favorites.

One of my faves too!!!!!
I wonder how flexible Biff is on planning the get together on the 13th ? hopcat would be a great place.

But maybe not the right place for a first gathering it's pretty loud on Fridays.

Also, I'd like to mention (again) one of my favorite beer concoctions.

It's called a Black Cherry, and it's half Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (on the bottom) and half Guinness. Sweet god thos things are good.
Wowie Groovie !
Philly Mike Wrote:forgot a choice.

beer sucks, give me whiskey!

http://www.fbhw.proboards43.com/index.cg...thread=349
Wowie Groovie !
None of these macro brewed swill. Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout, Bell's Expedition Stout, Stone Double Bastard Ale.
What's the name of the brewery in Battle Creek ? They have an excellent stout
Wowie Groovie !
Arcadia Ales is in Battle Creek. That the one you thinking of?
tommy1150 Wrote:Personally not much of a beer drinker myself but if I am I prefer Mexican beer. My fav is SOL but its really hard to find in West MI so I usually settle for Dos Equis

Wow ! Sol is what they served at the resort I stayed at in Peurto Vallarta back about 7 years ago, while it wasn't my first beer it was the first beer I drank in excessive amounts.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
tommy1150 Wrote:Personally not much of a beer drinker myself but if I am I prefer Mexican beer. My fav is SOL but its really hard to find in West MI so I usually settle for Dos Equis

Wow ! Sol is what they served at the resort I stayed at in Peurto Vallarta back about 7 years ago, while it wasn't my first beer it was the first beer I drank in excessive amounts.

*tear* What a sweet memory! Was there vomiting in that memory? Wink
No my PV trip was mildly sober-ish no vomit and only one real hangover. Which considering that it was an all inclusive resort, is a pretty amazing feat.

Tonight my favorite beer is Sam Adams Boston Lager.

potthole Wrote:Arcadia Ales is in Battle Creek. That the one you thinking of?

Yesssssss. Second best Stout ever.
Wowie Groovie !
Arcadia has a good Scotch Ale too, might be worth checking out sometime, Titan.
I had a fairly profitable week so I think I'm going to reward myself with a couple Black Cherrys

Half a glass of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat on the Bottom

Half a Glass of Guinness on top

Woooo
Wowie Groovie !
Last Sunday I was in Indiana at a grocery store and found some Guinness Anniversary Stout, and since I love Guinness, I thought a 6er of the special brew would be nice, only... You can't buy beer in Indiana on Sunday. No big deal thinks I, for certainly if it's for sale in a basic grocery store in Indiana, surely it will be for sale in West Michigan.

Nope. The Guinness distributer for West Michigan isn't carrying it. :evil:

However my sister who lives in Indiana is coming up to Michigan this weekend and bringing me 2 six packs. Yay.
[Image: 3450831650_58cb0750b1_o.png]
Wowie Groovie !
Milk Chocolate Stout from GRBC, Fuller's London Porter, Bass Ale, Belhaven Scottish Ale, Newcastle, Bellaire Brown from Short's Brewery, Sam Adams Cream Stout, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Lumberman's Dark from GRBC, and Boddington's Pub Ale if I want something light.

I find Guinness to be dark enough but lacking flavor and if I have to drink a light beer it has to be Coors Light although I have to choke down the first 6 in order to be able to sip it.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I found a new stout last week when I was looking for the Guinness Anniversary, it's called Sheaf Stout, and it's imported from Australia. It's a really nice stout, but just a little little bit on the bitter side. It comes in a 32oz bottle for about 3 bucks, and that makes me happy.
Wowie Groovie !
I had some stuff in Jamaica called Dragon Stout... not bad, but a bit too strong of a chocolate flavor for my full enjoyment.

Titan, any idea what's different with this special Guinness brew?
From what I've read, the anniversary stout is about halfway between regular Guinness and Guinness Extra Stout.

I will find out for sure this weekend and make a full report as soon as more information is available.
Wowie Groovie !
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Art...r_you.html

Found this interesting.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Annnnnd. The Guinness Anniversary Stout was good, but what I had read about it was pretty accurate, somewhere in between regular Guinness, and Guinness Extra Stout. Not bad, but I don't recommend paying anything extra for it.
Wowie Groovie !
Gonna pick up some Schlitz tomorrow. Curious to see what it's all about.
When I occasionally drink beer it usually Harp or a Woodchuck.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
potthole Wrote:Gonna pick up some Schlitz tomorrow. Curious to see what it's all about.

In all of my years of beer drinking, I can say that's one that I've never had
Wowie Groovie !
Schlitz, Blatz, PBR and Stroh's are all on the same level on my pallet. The problem isn't in drinking them, the problem occurs upon exit the next day.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Titan! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Gonna pick up some Schlitz tomorrow. Curious to see what it's all about.

In all of my years of beer drinking, I can say that's one that I've never had

It's just started to come out again. It's brewed with the recipe from the '60s, before it was changed (which in turn was around when sales started dropping, leading to it basically going away). ABC Fine Wine, over by Woodland Mall, has some.

So far it's decent. Better than say a Bud Light or Miller Lite, but not as full bodied as some of the other microbrews out there. At $6 for a sixer, though, I could see it being my "Recession Beer."