Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite Beer?
Steel Reserve man. It's recession proof.
Wowie Groovie !
Had a Yeungling lager down south a couple weeks ago which I liked pretty well. Looks like their distributors are only on the east coast and as far north as Tennesse.
Yeungling is the oldest brewery in the US. I haven't tried anything from them but the next time I'm visiting my family in Jersey, I'm going to make it a point to give it a try.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Wow, I though Yuengling was everywhere. I'm spoiled.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Flying Dog Pale Ale (also known as Doggy Style). OH MAN, get me a nice cold pint of this stuff and I'm in heaven.
Had Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat for the first time tonight. Not bad.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Right now I'm a Blue Moon fan. But I also Bud light Lime. And I'll drink a Killions Red any time.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
-Jiggy- Wrote:Had Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat for the first time tonight. Not bad.

Dude, you're on a slippery slope. Sam and his Cherry will get you hooked, and before you know it, you'll have 7 or 8 empty six packs
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:Had Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat for the first time tonight. Not bad.

Dude, you're on a slippery slope. Sam and his Cherry will get you hooked, and before you know it, you'll have 7 or 8 empty six packs

It just might be one of my new faves. I gotta admit I've never really gone out on a limb when it came to my beer choices. I've always pretty much gone with Bud or Bud Light. Other than that I remember having Heineken a few times and I had Guinness once.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Speaking of beer, I can't account for one of mine. I picked up a sixer of Schlitz on Thursday. Had one that evening, had one yesterday, and had one today. Somehow four are gone, but I only remember drinking three. :wtf:

Torque Wrote:Wow, I though Yuengling was everywhere. I'm spoiled.

I can't even remember seeing it in some of the specialty stores in my area.
Maybe Mrs. Potthole helped herself to one ?
Wowie Groovie !
Or maybe one of the neighbor hood kids snuck into your house and stole it as retribution for destroying their sandbox
Wowie Groovie !
The Mrs. says it wasn't her, so either somebody snuck in and took just that one, or I drank another and don't remember it. :?
Have you figured it out yet?
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Nope.

On Monday I returned bottles while grocery shopping. There were four empties, and one unopened bottle in the 'fridge. At this point my two ideas are that one of the cats took a beer, or an alien landed in my front yard, broke in, and abducted one.
More into liquor, but when I do tip back some beers I generally aim for blue moon, heineken, or miller lite .

On a side note - When I was in college, I spent ample time in Europe and one of my fave beers that I came across was Duvel. Has anyone tried this one? Smile
The wife and I went to Old Chicago for a lunch date on Wednesday and she ordered a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. Not bad for a lighter beer. Very lemony aftertaste and easy to drink. I recommend this one if you are looking for something refreshing on a hot summer day.
Landmammary has a great point, if you're looking for a restaurant to experiment with new beers Old Chicago is one of the best, they have more than 100 brews to choose from.
Wowie Groovie !
There's a place in Easton, PA called Porters who award you a custom engraved pewter mug once you've tried each of their micro-craft and imported beers. Reading through the engravings/message book is always fun.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
When I was in Germany a few years back I was taking a tour of a castle. In one of the rooms there was this big glass from the 1700's. Don't remember the exact size, but it was BIG. As you looked at it, you could see a bunch of names engraved into the glass.

Our tour guide explained that the names belonged to all of the people who were able to drink the entire glass of beer in under some amount of time, which I don't remember. He mentioned that cut into the glass were the names of one hundred seven men-- and one woman.
potthole Wrote:and one woman.
and here she is

[Image: Picture%2B011.jpg]
I bought a 6er of Sam Adams Summer Ale tonight, and it had an odd chemically scent that reminded me of dishwater. The flavor wasn't bad, but I don't think I'll be buying anymore this summer.
Wowie Groovie !
Okay so tell me, what is the best beer that I need to try? I've already told you what I have tried so pretty much anything you throw out there will be new to me. I can tell you though I have had Guinness and I do not like it at all.

Here's what I can recall that I have had.
Budweiser
Bud Light
Miller
Miller Light
Coors
Heineken
Guinness
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

I've pretty much enjoyed them all except the Guinness and the Heineken was kind of weird. I can't describe what it was about it that I didn't like but I have no desire to drink it again.
I didn't like Guinness the first time I tried it, but by the 3rd try I was hooked.

Other than the bad luck with that batch of Summer Ale, I've enjoyed everything I've had from Sam Adams, give their Boston Lager a try.
Wowie Groovie !
I also didn't care for Guinness the first time I had it. Jiggy, did you have it from the tap, one of those cans with the floatie, or a bottle? That can have an impact on how it tastes.

As for what to try, it can really depend on what you like. If you're into ales, Bells and Arcadia makes some good ones. If you prefer lagers, take a look into some of the offerings from Sam Adams. IPA's are a whole different thing to consider, as well. Then there's the whole dark or light road to travel.

Basically, what I found helpful when I was first trying to get a taste for what types of beer I liked, I would go out of my way to get something new every time I bought something. I also would head over to Ratebeer.com and spend some time researching different brands/brews. I started with brand names that I immediately knew, and started then to work my way into some of the more obscure, smaller microbrews. Places that sell mix and match six packs are also a great way to try new beers, because you can get a variety of styles at once.
Thanks guys. I'll check out that website.
I've also found that with Guinness, I prefer it from a mug rather than from the can or bottle, the wide mouth of the mug allow more of the aroma to enter my nose, and enjoy it more.
Wowie Groovie !
Good point... if you get one of those big cans of Guinness, you must pour it into a pint glass.
Titan! Wrote:I've also found that with Guinness, I prefer it from a mug rather than from the can or bottle, the wide mouth of the mug allow more of the aroma to enter my nose, and enjoy it more.
potthole Wrote:Good point... if you get one of those big cans of Guinness, you must pour it into a pint glass.
I'll have to try that.
potthole Wrote:Good point... if you get one of those big cans of Guinness, you must pour it into a pint glass.

I have a mug that holds almost 3 cans of Guinney, and that makes me happy
Wowie Groovie !
does dry hard cider count? not like woodchuck but Strongbow? i'm enjoying one now!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Yes

Yes

Dry Hard Cider Counts

Dry Hard Cider Counts

(Great double post, good thing you can't delete or edit)
Wowie Groovie !
booya,

I don't seen no double post! Dial up does that to me from time to time
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:booya, booya,

Well, I still say, it's a good thing that the members of the board can't delete or edit their posts like you moderators can.
Wowie Groovie !
it was a glitch thing, and if i see double posts by others i'll fix it for them. as for me, i use to edit/delete my posts all the time if i later decided i didn't like the post or had regrets, i try not to do that anymore to level the playing field so to speak...

but this belongs in the other thread

back on subject

TIME FOR ANOTHER STRONGBOW!
Strongbow is possibly the most Damn Manly Name ever for a beer
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:I have a mug that holds almost 3 cans of Guinney, and that makes me happy

Sounds like the giant Hofbrauhaus mug that Fuster had me drinking out of at my bachelor party last year. I think I'd get four 12oz cans of beer into that sucker.
I see your 48 ounce mug and raise you a 70 ounce mug.

[Image: Keg%20_70oz_black.jpg]
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:I see your 48 ounce mug and raise you a 70 ounce mug.

[Image: Keg%20_70oz_black.jpg]

That's pretty cool Orz, but I don't think I could drink Guinness out of that, it would be too much like drinking from a plastic cup and a straw.

Now if you find one of those made of glass, I'd be happy to give it a go
Wowie Groovie !
jiggy, I suggest starting to go into some ales. Try Bass or even go to a nut brown like Newcastle. They aren't all that strong but I have to warn you that once you start trying the darker stuff you'll get hooked and it's a lot more expensive. Also, go to places that have the darker stuff on tap. The first time I had Bass Ale was on tap or I don't know if I would have been hooked so quickly.

On a personal note I had the opportunity to try a Goose Island Hex Nut Brown over the weekend and holy balls was that good! I'd put it above Newcastle and on par with Bellaire Brown from Short's.