Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Obama
+1 back atcha.
I heard that the mistake was made by Roberts, apparently they rehearse that stuff and Roberts didn't say the Oath right which screwed up Obama. However, Obama could have simply just repeated him and no one would have been the wiser.
That's what she said.
This just in, Senator Ted Kennedy (D-WI) and Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) have just been taken from the Congressional Luncheon by medical officials. Early reports indicate that Senator Kennedy had a seizure.

I guess that makes it official, Democrats are falling all over themselves at the thought of an Obama presidency.
Allyson Wrote:I heard that the mistake was made by Roberts, apparently they rehearse that stuff and Roberts didn't say the Oath right which screwed up Obama. However, Obama could have simply just repeated him and no one would have been the wiser.

What's the point in rehearsing if the guy prompting the oath is just going to wing it? Imaging standing there in front of all those people at the biggest moment of your life, and someone throws a curveball like that. I think it fried his brain for a second. I hate messing up in front of just a room of people. :'(
Allyson Wrote:I heard that the mistake was made by Roberts, apparently they rehearse that stuff and Roberts didn't say the Oath right which screwed up Obama. However, Obama could have simply just repeated him and no one would have been the wiser.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/AcFNkB-8McU&hl=en[/flash]
They both did.
Obama was a bit quick to state his name before Roberts was able to complete his portion of it which apparently threw off Roberts on the next section and Obama tried to repeat it but stopped short requiring Roberts to correct himself in what he said.

Made me cringe when listening to it.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:Made me cringe when listening to it.

You're not kidding, what an embarassment.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:
dino Wrote:Made me cringe when listening to it.

You're not kidding, what an embarassment.

Could this be a sign of times to come?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
But the fact still remains...Justice Roberts told President Obama what to say. President Obama couldn't do that. Let's just go with the "they rehearsed it" bit. If that's the case, say it the way you rehearsed it. Say it the way the man in front of you says it. No one is going to care. The fact remains that President Obama couldn't A) repeat what he was told to say or B) say what he'd rehearsed.

He was thrown the slightest little curve ball, and he completely froze. Yes, I understand he was nervous. Who wouldn't be? But it's not like he had to decide a life or death issue at that point. He needed to choose a WORD.
Queenie Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:You're not kidding, what an embarassment.

Could this be a sign of times to come?

Last Change
DJIA 7,957.06 -324.16
NASDAQ 1,448.14 -81.19
S&P 500 807.32 -42.80
Russell 3000 466.25 -25.55

Not a good way to start out.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
HAHA follow the money, Dino!

I've made a deal with a friend of mine, so I'll repeat it here, because I know President Obama is so very badly wanting my approval.

If he can handle the Gaza situation appropriately, I'll forget the goof during the opening scene.
hotzester Wrote:HAHA follow the money, Dino!

I've made a deal with a friend of mine, so I'll repeat it here, because I know President Obama is so very badly wanting my approval.

If he can handle the Gaza situation appropriately, I'll forget the goof during the opening scene.

[Image: RahmEmanuel.jpg]
Quote of the Day:
mutts202 Wrote:

What's the point in rehearsing if the guy prompting the oath is just going to wing it? Imaging standing there in front of all those people at the biggest moment of your life, and someone throws a curveball like that. I think it fried his brain for a second. I hate messing up in front of just a room of people. :'(

Yes but you also don't pride yourself as being an eloquent speaker like he does. If you are as good as you say you are at public speaking, it shouldn't matter if you're speaking to 2 or 2 million people, you should be able to handle the pressure.
Ha....Halfrican American. I kill me.

Back to the story at hand. I just heard Charlie Gibson mention that there hasn't been a single arrest during the inaugural festivities.

The President is so good that the man actually cured CRIME in just one day!!!

He really is the Alpha and the Obama.
I like the cut of your jib

I like that you know what 'cut of your jib' actually means. Thanks for using it. Smile

IMHO, nothing much ever changes no matter who is in office. The last time there was any hope for my (very young at the time) generation was Kennedy.

As someone I know on another forum is fond of saying regarding the right vs the left "they are simply wings on the same bird." And I tend to agree with that. They're all dictated to by big business/big money families.

I don't have the link handy but can find it (I hope) where it shows the progression of the US presidents and their policies and concerns and how many/who was assissinated because they wanted to do away with the federal reserve. Kennedy, was among those.

Yup, I like me some conspiracy theories. *nods*
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
Ok so I thought maybe I was making stuff up earlier today when Rev Joseph Lowery was speaking, but after listening to it again I think he was making a blatant jab at whites.

A direct quote: "We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right."

I know I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow at this.
That's what she said.
I didn't catch it, but it's definitely interesting.
Allyson Wrote:Ok so I thought maybe I was making stuff up earlier today when Rev Joseph Lowery was speaking, but after listening to it again I think he was making a blatant jab at whites.

A direct quote: "We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right."

I know I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow at this.

I heard it and I didn't think it was funny either.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
It's from an old speech.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Soooo if Rick Warren said something negative about another race, it would be okay as long as it was a quote from an old speech?

Doubtful.
That's what she said.
For the record I'm not excusing it because I hate the "blame whitey" bullshit as much as the next person. I'm just letting you guys know that he was quoting an old speech; albeit horribly.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I almost want to give him a pass because he's so old and lived through the torture of being black back when he was beaten for his color, but I can't. I just can't believe that he would throw something in his speech that was so flagrantly inappropriate, even if he was alluding to an old speech. The one day that the race card should have been left alone, and he pulls it out. Not a fan.
That's what she said.
Don't you guys know that it isn't racist if a black guy says it? There's no such thing as racism towards whitey!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Allyson Wrote:I almost want to give him a pass because he's so old and lived through the torture of being black back when he was beaten for his color, but I can't. I just can't believe that he would throw something in his speech that was so flagrantly inappropriate, even if he was alluding to an old speech. The one day that the race card should have been left alone, and he pulls it out. Not a fan.
I can't excuse the fact that other than this message board, I really haven't heard anyone else talk about this.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:I almost want to give him a pass because he's so old and lived through the torture of being black back when he was beaten for his color, but I can't. I just can't believe that he would throw something in his speech that was so flagrantly inappropriate, even if he was alluding to an old speech. The one day that the race card should have been left alone, and he pulls it out. Not a fan.
I can't excuse the fact that other than this message board, I really haven't heard anyone else talk about this.

Which is why I thought I was crazy at first, but now I believe that I'm right and everyone else just missed it or afraid to say anything.
That's what she said.
Jiggy Wrote:

maybe, just maybe, we're learning to be above this shit and focus on what's important. i'm sure i could find a memo or something...
Jo Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:I can't excuse the fact that other than this message board, I really haven't heard anyone else talk about this.

maybe, just maybe, we're learning to be above this shit and focus on what's important. i'm sure i could find a memo or something...
Well obviously we aren't above it. There was no reason for it to have ever been said in the first place. I don't mind being the punching bag for someone like Chris Rock who makes a living by cracking those kinds of jokes but that was wrong place and wrong time.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Wait a second, so a black man says something inciting about white people, and we need to "learn to be above it", but if a white guy says something about a black person (I'm talking to you, Imus), then that's racisim and completely intolerable?

Whatever you do, don't be consistent.
hotzester Wrote:Wait a second, so a black man says something inciting about white people, and we need to "learn to be above it", but if a white guy says something about a black person (I'm talking to you, Imus), then that's racisim and completely intolerable?

Whatever you do, don't be consistent.

Like I have already said, there is no such thing as racism towards white people. :Smile
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
lol @ Rock Monster...completely agree, dude.

What I always liked, and you don't see it much anymore, is when they tried to call it "reverse racism." No, "reverse racisim" is NO RACISM. Killed me...

That said, if that's the tone the new president wishes to set at the very onset of his administration, I think it's safe to say it's a trend which will probably continue.

Or maybe it was a scenario like Rev. Wright...maybe Obama didn't know that's the kind of view the guy would bring.
i was not offended. i thought he sounded funny, and he made me giggle.
My approach to stuff like this is simple.

Am I offended by the statement? No. What I'm offended by is the hypocrisy. If I said something similar about a black man, I'd be labeled. If I said something about a Democrat, I'd be called out on it.

I'm not insulted by the statement, I'm insulted by the lack of any response.
HZ I agree with you 100%.

However I am also a bit offended. He said he prays for the day when blacks will not be asked to get in back ... um, hellooo? We just inaugurated our first Halfrican American, and you're still waiting for blacks to not be asked to get in back? And it's time for whites to start acting right? Really? How about everybody starts acting right, because in my humble opinion whites have been trying extremely hard to make up for what their ancestors may or may not have done.

/rant
That's what she said.
+1 for using Halfrican American.
Allyson Wrote:HZ I agree with you 100%.

However I am also a bit offended. He said he prays for the day when blacks will not be asked to get in back ... um, hellooo? We just inaugurated our first Halfrican American, and you're still waiting for blacks to not be asked to get in back? And it's time for whites to start acting right? Really? How about everybody starts acting right, because in my humble opinion whites have been trying extremely hard to make up for what their ancestors may or may not have done.

/rant

Equality means EVERYONE is treated equally, not just the minorities being treated better.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
a HOT ZESTER original production:

"We'll never be treated as the same until you stop pointing out how you're different."
Allyson Wrote:HZ I agree with you 100%.

/rant

+1

Allyson for President in 2012!!!!
hotzester Wrote:+1 for using Halfrican American.

It may be my new favorite term.
That's what she said.
I'm going to go ahead and exalt Allyson and Hotzester for a little while. I'll be right back.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
hotzester Wrote:a HOT ZESTER original production:

"We'll never be treated as the same until you stop pointing out how you're different."

You are on fire dude! + 10
Stop drop and roll!

See? There's more to the Zester than just being a prick!