Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCain in 08! Obama Supporters Need Reality Check
kaboobie92 Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Are you also looking that far into McCain's record? Do you know what his stances were when he ran for Prez in 2004? Are getting information from sources that are not connected to McCain's campaign, Fox, Rush or any horribly slanted publication or website? Finally, when looking at Obama's (and McCain?) record, are thinking about whats best for the nation and not whats best for you?

You can have all the facts in the world right in front of your face, and you still keep your eyes closed. Yes I did do as much research into McCain's record on the same unbiased site. I care about my vote, and thats why i'm voting McCain. Obama is a scumbag who couldn't run his way out of a paper bag, let alone a country

Easy hot rod take an effin breath!
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Are you three having fun today with this and the other "touchy" thread?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Are you three having fun today with this and the other "touchy" thread?

Wink
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Are you three having fun today with this and the other "touchy" thread?

Wink

It's been quite entertaining watching it!!

[Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

(Yep stole it from Biff "Darn Tootin" Mayhem)
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
kaboobie92 Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Are you also looking that far into McCain's record? Do you know what his stances were when he ran for Prez in 2004? Are getting information from sources that are not connected to McCain's campaign, Fox, Rush or any horribly slanted publication or website? Finally, when looking at Obama's (and McCain?) record, are thinking about whats best for the nation and not whats best for you?

You can have all the facts in the world right in front of your face, and you still keep your eyes closed. Yes I did do as much research into McCain's record on the same unbiased site. I care about my vote, and thats why i'm voting McCain. Obama is a scumbag who couldn't run his way out of a paper bag, let alone a country

You didn't answer my questions little angry guy.
kaboobie92 Wrote:Here is some information from http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm
This is an unbiased source with information on most politicians.
Following information is how Barack voted, or personal quotes of his. My comments are in quotations.
Voted NO on paying down federal debt by rating programs' effectiveness. (Mar 2007)
-"wants to reduce debt, but votes no on a bill to pay down federal debt?"
Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
-"Voted no on trying to reduce government spending. Would've been 40B less in debt"
Voted NO on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
-"This is self explanatory"
Wrote 2006 law stabilizing Congo with $52M. (Oct 2007)
-"Dosen't agree with stabilizing Iraq, but wants to stabilize Congo?"
"Prayer can't prevent disasters; good policy can handle them". (Aug 2007)
-"He calls himself a Christian but dosent believe prayer can prevent disasters?"
2004: Used state money for seemingly political mailing. (Aug 2007)
-"Example of Barack wasting government money."
Money is the original sin in politics and I am not sinless. (Nov 2007)
-"Wow"
Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
-"Contradictory. Respect the right to bear arms, but you can ban guns?"
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
-"Ban semi-automatics? That makes no sense, automatics maybe."
FactCheck: Promised to repeal Patriot Act, then voted for it. (Jan 2008)
-"Flip-flop. Broken political promise"
Health plan: not enough resources for illegal immigrants. (Jan 2008)
-"They are ILLEGAL immigrants, they don't pay into the system, they should not reap the benefits of the system"
Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)
-"Voted no on declaring English as the official language?"
FactCheck: Ranked most liberal in Senate, based on 99 votes. (Feb 2008)

I'm not anti-democrat. I agree with few things that the democrats are for. I am very anti-obama. Take what you want from this post, but I think its an eye opener
First of all, none of these have any or sufficient information on the secondary effects of the bills in question. Now then, down to business:

Voted NO on paying down federal debt by rating programs' effectiveness. (Mar 2007)
"Where does the money to do so come from?"
Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending.
"Hmm, maybe we needed that $40B more where it was. Again, where would this money be coming from?"
Voted NO on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
"Flag desecration shouldn't really mean much, I mean, it's them expressing how they feel for whatever reason they feel nessecary. Unless they wrap a burning flag around someone, I could care less"
Wrote 2006 law stabilizing Congo with $52M. (Oct 2007)
"This is questionable, but it's in Africa, not the Middle East. The difference in culture might play a bigger role in stabilizing such a place."
"Prayer can't prevent disasters; good policy can handle them". (Aug 2007)
"The ridiculousness that prayer can prevent a hurricane from hitting land is laughable. It's called weather. Learn you some. There is really nothing wrong here."
2004: Used state money for seemingly political mailing. (Aug 2007)
"Well, what the hell does that mean? What, did he buy a stamp for a letter he was sending to the speaker of the House with government money? OH WOW, HE WASTED $.40!!!"
Money is the original sin in politics and I am not sinless. (Nov 2007)
"Hey, at least he admits it." (SPOILERS: Every politician pulls this crap off)
Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok.
"Well, that's kinda half good/half bad any way you look at it. That means local governments decide gun bans, right? Well, limited freedom, yes, but it's only within city limits, and you don't need much to protect yourself in your home unless it's a mansion. Then you can probably afford guards."
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
"I don't think this made much sense, but you don't really need a semi-auto for home/personal defense, a revolver should be more than enough. Especially since most modern revolvers are double-action, there's almost no difference between that and a semi-auto. Are speed-loaders still legal/accessible? But I do like the feel of a semi-auto on a shooting range."
FactCheck: Promised to repeal Patriot Act, then voted for it. (Jan 2008)
"Got me there, fella."
Health plan: not enough resources for illegal immigrants. (Jan 2008)
"Ruh-roh, Raggy! Yeh, this makes no sense either. Beggars can't be choosers."

So yeah, that's my rebuttal. And a bit of lack thereof. The only reason I prefer Obama is because he doesn't seem like your usual politician. He didn't have a typical upbringing for a politician either, maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows? He's probably gonna win because most Americans are tired of Republican traits.
I'd also like to point out that $52 million is chump change compared with the $1 trillion we're projected to spend in Iraq. Even with what we have spent, if we can stabilize Iraq tomorrow for just $52 million more, then Obama would be a fool not to vote for it. In terms of the total federal budget, our government spent $1.9 trillion total. To put it in perspective, that 52 million is .002% of the total federal expeditures for the year.
scooterfanatic Wrote:I'd also like to point out that $52 million is chump change compared with the $1 trillion we're projected to spend in Iraq. Even with what we have spent, if we can stabilize Iraq tomorrow for just $52 million more, then Obama would be a fool not to vote for it. In terms of the total federal budget, our government spent $1.9 trillion total. To put it in perspective, that 52 million is .002% of the total federal expeditures for the year.

I'm obviously not going to agree with you on Iraq, but did you read the rest of them?
kaboobie92 Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:I'd also like to point out that $52 million is chump change compared with the $1 trillion we're projected to spend in Iraq. Even with what we have spent, if we can stabilize Iraq tomorrow for just $52 million more, then Obama would be a fool not to vote for it. In terms of the total federal budget, our government spent $1.9 trillion total. To put it in perspective, that 52 million is .002% of the total federal expeditures for the year.

I'm obviously not going to agree with you on Iraq, but did you read the rest of them?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/17/busine...hardt.html

That article from the New York Times discusses several estimates from economists that include a projection of $1 trillion for Iraq.

All I said is that we're projected to spend $1 trillion in Iraq, which we are, so why do you disagree?
I'm saying I disagree on the war, because I believe we should be there. I'm not doubting that its going to cost that much. I'm just asking if you read the rest of the information on my post because there is a lot of stuff in there that makes Obama look pretty bad.
kaboobie92 Wrote:I'm saying I disagree on the war, because I believe we should be there. I'm not doubting that its going to cost that much. I'm just asking if you read the rest of the information on my post because there is a lot of stuff in there that makes Obama look pretty bad.

They make him look bad in YOUR opinion. Things like flag burning, English as the national language, and gun control are matters of opinion. How you or I interpret the 1st and 2nd amendment is different.
speedbump Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:I'm saying I disagree on the war, because I believe we should be there. I'm not doubting that its going to cost that much. I'm just asking if you read the rest of the information on my post because there is a lot of stuff in there that makes Obama look pretty bad.

They make him look bad in YOUR opinion. Things like flag burning, English as the national language, and gun control are matters of opinion. How you or I interpret the 1st and 2nd amendment is different.
How Obama interprets the 2nd Amendment and how Obama interprets the 2nd Amendment are different.
dasbow Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:They make him look bad in YOUR opinion. Things like flag burning, English as the national language, and gun control are matters of opinion. How you or I interpret the 1st and 2nd amendment is different.
How Obama interprets the 2nd Amendment and how Obama interprets the 2nd Amendment are different.

I doubt that.
speedbump Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:How Obama interprets the 2nd Amendment and how Obama interprets the 2nd Amendment are different.

I doubt that.
Well, to be fair, when Obama changes his postion it's not really a change, it's just that the previous explanation was 'inartful'.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/...-disa.html
how about the patriot act. Obama promised to repeal it, then voted for it. Or how Obama was ranked most liberal by 99/100 votes. If anything we need a moderate, not a radical. We need Reagan type economics to bring prosperity back
kaboobie92 Wrote:how about the patriot act. Obama promised to repeal it, then voted for it. Or how Obama was ranked most liberal by 99/100 votes. If anything we need a moderate, not a radical. We need Reagan type economics to bring prosperity back

In your opinion! That
so Obama promising that he would repeal the patriot act, and then voting for it is my opinion? That shows that he is a flip-flopper. Our country dosen't need someone who cant even make up his own mind. And it just shows how he is a typical politician, lies to the American people.
ALL politicians lie, and ALL politicians change their minds!
wienerpoopie Wrote:ALL politicians lie, and ALL politicians change their minds!
And some deny that they ever held the other position. I don't care if someone changes his mind, as long as he admits it and explains what it was that changed his thinking.
dasbow Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:ALL politicians lie, and ALL politicians change their minds!
And some deny that they ever held the other position. I don't care if someone changes his mind, as long as he admits it and explains what it was that changed his thinking.

I agree
wienerpoopie Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:And some deny that they ever held the other position. I don't care if someone changes his mind, as long as he admits it and explains what it was that changed his thinking.

I agree
Once again, we move toward consensus!
http://www.obamablog08.com/2008/07/21/ob...-counting/

Please everyone read this, I know most of you will not read it and come up with lame excuses why its wrong, but it shows how damn dishonest this man is. And you want him to run this country, Disgusting.
he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE
kaboobie92 Wrote:http://www.obamablog08.com/2008/07/21/ob...-counting/

Please everyone read this, I know most of you will not read it and come up with lame excuses why its wrong, but it shows how damn dishonest this man is. And you want him to run this country, Disgusting.

I read this but will not believe any of it without verification because it
[quote="kaboobie92"]he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE
kaboobie92 Wrote:http://www.obamablog08.com/2008/07/21/ob...-counting/

I certainly wouldn't mind some sort of link that verifies Obama actually said those things. I know you're super-eager to throw Obama under the bus at each and every turn, but how about a little verification?

And, good to know McCain is so squeaky clean, since you have yet to post anything about him that might be considered dishonest - you did say you research both candidates equally, right?

Certainly you don't have an agenda and want to smear Obama any way you can. That would be irresponsible.
[quote="kaboobie92"]he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE
[quote="wienerpoopie"]
[quote="scooterfanatic"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

This I don
kaboobie92 Wrote:so Obama promising that he would repeal the patriot act, and then voting for it is my opinion? That shows that he is a flip-flopper. Our country dosen't need someone who cant even make up his own mind. And it just shows how he is a typical politician, lies to the American people.

He promised to repeal it and voted for it because he was bullied into it.

McCain is a flip flopper too. I've told you over and over to look at his positions when he was running against Bush in 2004, but you keep refusing. Therefore, any of us trying to reason with you is probably futile.
[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/OnyEMLXvgV8&hl=en[/flash]

http://www.iava.org/full-ratings-list

Yeah, this guy is 100% legit.
ratrad Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:so Obama promising that he would repeal the patriot act, and then voting for it is my opinion? That shows that he is a flip-flopper. Our country dosen't need someone who cant even make up his own mind. And it just shows how he is a typical politician, lies to the American people.

He promised to repeal it and voted for it because he was bullied into it.

McCain is a flip flopper too. I've told you over and over to look at his positions when he was running against Bush in 2004, but you keep refusing. Therefore, any of us trying to reason with you is probably futile.

I have, but why don't you do a little research? You never prove points, you only ask questions. So you go find me some examples.
internkylebusch,

If you seriously think the Republican Party isn't for big government, you need to get your head examined. The only true "small government" parties are the Libertarian and Constitution parties.
kaboobie92 Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:He promised to repeal it and voted for it because he was bullied into it.

I have, but why don't you do a little research? You never prove points, you only ask questions. So you go find me some examples.

Why do research when making up lies about a candidate seems like so much fun? Like the ones you made up earlier on this page, for example.
scooterfanatic Wrote:internkylebusch,

If you seriously think the Republican Party isn't for big government, you need to get your head examined. The only true "small government" parties are the Libertarian and Constitution parties.
You got that right. The Republicans were for smaller government. Then they got hold of the reins of power, and that went out the window. I almost dislike big government conservatism (to me an oxymoron) as much as I dislike big government liberalism. If a third party was viable, I'd be in, but it's not. So now we have to try to steer the Republicans back to a more conservative, smaller government approach.
Fistor Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:I have, but why don't you do a little research? You never prove points, you only ask questions. So you go find me some examples.

Why do research when making up lies about a candidate seems like so much fun? Like the ones you made up earlier on this page, for example.

Yes Fistor. Obviously if you visited the link you'd know that I didnt make them up.

I guess Ignorance Is Bliss
Republican economic policy I believe is this: give tax breaks to the richest businesses and individuals because theoretically they are the ones who create wealth. Give them a tax break and their good fortune will "trickle down" to the middle class.

The only problem is now because of free trade agreements, those corporations are taking that extra money and using it to create wealth in other countries. Nike doesn't manufacture a single shoe in the United States, because the CEO feels that "Americans don't want to make shoes." I guarantee you there are thousands of unemployed people who would be happy to make shoes. In fact, New Balance does manufacture some product here.

I think the main flaw in the conservative laissez-faire economic argument is that businesses and corporations always have the principle of the free market in mind. In the extreme, it's economic anarchism. A completely free economy is unsustainable, as corporations would eventually merge into bigger and bigger entities until monopolies ruled the market. We have historical examples even, just look at the US during the turn of the 20th century where the market was flooded with robber barons. I realize not all republicans and conservatives are libertarians and recognize that some regulation in the market is needed, though.

Reganomics doesn't work today because of NAFTA, plain and simple. I think there should be a law that states a corporation should get not one red cent in tax breaks unless a certain percentage of their manufacturing is done right here. Companies like Nike suck wealth from the American market and put nothing back. After all, if every business moved overseas, who would be left to buy those sneakers and t-shirts and cars?
kaboobie92 Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Why do research when making up lies about a candidate seems like so much fun? Like the ones you made up earlier on this page, for example.

Yes Fistor. Obviously if you visited the link you'd know that I didnt make them up.

I did visit the link. And I returned with questions that you never bothered to answer. Also, when I returned, I found another post of yours slamming Obama - this one about his horrible flag injustices. I proved those wrong, in case you didn't bother to look.

Don't tell me you didn't follow the link I posted. Because that would be deliciously ironic. And blissfully ignorant of you.
kaboobie92 Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Why do research when making up lies about a candidate seems like so much fun? Like the ones you made up earlier on this page, for example.

Why don't you go ahead and watch that video I posted a few posts back.