Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pimp your photography
dino Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Moon tonight. This makes me excited for the next clear night when it's full...

Did you see the moon on this past friday night I think it was?
It was a bit of a sliver with a really bright planet next to it. I think it was venus maybe? I'm no astronomer but heard the wzzm weather buy say it was a "venus moon" that night or something like that. It looked really cool.

No, it was a planet farther out - Saturn or Neptune or Uranus (*giggle) or something and one of its moons was supposed to be visible. They were talking about it on NPR.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Jiggy Wrote:No, but I have access to it. My buddy has a membership.

Awesome... that's a good place to check for a camera, believe it or not. I'm sure that selection varies from store to store, but I've seen some killer deals on good entry-level cameras and lenses.

dino Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Moon tonight. This makes me excited for the next clear night when it's full...

Did you see the moon on this past friday night I think it was?
It was a bit of a sliver with a really bright planet next to it. I think it was venus maybe? I'm no astronomer but heard the wzzm weather buy say it was a "venus moon" that night or something like that. It looked really cool.

Ugh, you have no idea how much I was wishing I had gotten the new lens just a day earlier. That moon would have made for some fantastic photos.

Titan ! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:You a Costco member?

You can get some really high quality photo paper at Costco

Kirkland glossy 8.5x11 150 sheets for around 15 bucks.

Really? If I can ever figure out why my printer keeps putting lines across the stuff it prints, I think I'll have to pick some of that up.

I've replaced the ink, so I know that's not causing the trouble. It's a bummer, too, because it used to make some really nice prints.
potthole Wrote:[quote author=jiggyjiggyhoss board=bs thread=716 post=73241 time=1236048516]

Really? If I can ever figure out why my printer keeps putting lines across the stuff it prints, I think I'll have to pick some of that up.

I've replaced the ink, so I know that's not causing the trouble. It's a bummer, too, because it used to make some really nice prints.

That's one of the reasons I have no interest in making my own prints, I prefer to use prolabexpress.com to have my prints made. But for class part of the requirement is that we do the printing using the school's printers, which aren't too bad, which is why I use the Kirkland paper. Though given the choice I'd much rather send the digital files and let prolab handle it.
Wowie Groovie !
I took this with my camera phone because somebody left the good camera at home. Plungee and I took a short drive yesterday to enjoy the sun.

[Image: IMG00084.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Woo hoo Spring ! ! !

(Tell Plungee we said hi )
Wowie Groovie !
i took me a little trip.

[Image: 3021m6q.jpg]

[Image: 2586jyd.jpg]

[Image: 168y5jp.jpg]

[Image: v5j2ua.jpg]

[Image: 2j4bwcm.jpg]

[Image: mvhpwh.jpg]

[Image: ra4z77.jpg]

[Image: 2vdmws6.jpg]

[Image: 2dt6io7.jpg]

[Image: ff8wuu.jpg]

[Image: 10i8ple.jpg]

[Image: 2l9eva.jpg]

[Image: 4pw1n5.jpg]
Welcome back Beckster!

Is that Cozumel?

I love the pictures with the shade around the outside - it gives your photos a real vintage look.

How was Carnival by the way? I'm cruising with them next year and I've never been on their ships before.
That's what she said.
Awesome pics Becky! Sorry the kiddo gave you a headache.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Very nice pics Jo. Are any photoshopped, particularly the one with the old man?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Jo, those pictures make me crave the beach right now...they're beautiful!! Hope you had an awesome trip!
It looks like you might have some dirt on your sensor or lens or mirror. Good photos though, especially the sunset
Wowie Groovie !
Nice shots, Jo.
Titan ! Wrote:[Image: colorstop1.jpg]

Nope that's not Tennessee

By the way, this is STILL Like that, only the duct tape is more worn
Wowie Groovie !
[Image: 3384376425_14113cafdf_o.jpg]

I submitted this one to a gallery exhibition, but it didn't get picked
Wowie Groovie !
Oh, it's almost time for baseball season to really get in gear!

[Image: 3387864177_252de4d661.jpg]

[Image: 3388708234_bffd5e8e1c.jpg]

It felt great to get outside in the sun for a couple hours after work, camera in hand, ballgame in front of me.
The top image is my photo

[Image: 3404661001_00e25eebde_o.jpg]
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:[Image: colorstop1.jpg]

Nope that's not Tennessee

By the way, this is STILL Like that, only the duct tape is more worn

[Image: 3409554237_ffdf9cfedb_o.jpg]
Wowie Groovie !
What are we supposed to see?
Krystal Wrote:What are we supposed to see?

Take a look again, I added the previous post that I was referring to
Wowie Groovie !
Why didn't I see that before?
Got a new toy today...

Nikon AF-s 24-120mm VR f/3.5 - 5.6G

[Image: 2145ncpi.jpg]

The girl that did our wedding put it up for sale, brand new, never out of box. She needed to get a new D700 camera awhile back and the only way she could get it was with the lens. Not really needing the lens she decided to try to sell it. She was initially asking for about $150 off of the normal list price for it, but then when I said I'd like to buy it, she knocked off an extra $50 on top of it.

I know it's not a perfect "professional" lens, but it's a hell of an upgrade over the Quantaray wide angle lens I had been using previously.
It's a great "all purpose" lens, especially with the VR
Wowie Groovie !
VR was a huge draw for me, especially with the wedding photos coming up. I know it'll be a low light situation, so that VR will be a great help.

I saw mixed reviews on this lens, but I figure a "bad" Nikkor still beats any Quantaray-- which is what I was using before.
i like the baseball shots Potthole, they're awesome Smile
I can't wait until I graduate. I'll be spending my free time playing with our camera instead of doing homework and projects.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
[Image: 3422421472_62be857cf1.jpg]

Just something I snapped quickly when I got home from work, playing around with the new lens.
Yeah, see those Ikea shelves are crooked
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Yeah, see those Ikea shelves are crooked

If and when we get karma on here, I owe you a positive.
[Image: DSCN0280.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0479.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0119.jpg]
I like doing action figure photos. It's my thing and I haven't done it in a while. I should go out again soon. Sorry if they are big, my photobucket ability is rather lame
There are two kinds of people on the Earth. Those who like Dum Dum Root Beer flavored lollipops and those who don't like Dum Dum Root Beer flavored lollipops.
the photos look pretty good, but you gotta resize them before you post them, the new forum has a size limit
Wowie Groovie !
WHat are the size limits please?
There are two kinds of people on the Earth. Those who like Dum Dum Root Beer flavored lollipops and those who don't like Dum Dum Root Beer flavored lollipops.
Actually, I don't think we know right now. Biff set a limit, and can't recall what it was. :lol:

My opinion is to dump the crappy Photobucket, get a free account on Flickr, and use the "medium" size option to post photos, those don't seem to get chopped.
2000 x 2000
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Take 2. And......Action!
[Image: DSCN0604.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0477.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0276.jpg]
Thanks for the info guys!
iceeaholic Wrote:Take 2. And......Action!
[Image: DSCN0604.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0477.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0276.jpg]
Thanks for the info guys!

you are awesome Smile
[Image: 3450651208_a2418252da_o.jpg]

[Image: 3449835183_b252a3b148_o.jpg]

Just a few warm ups before the Throwdown
Wowie Groovie !
Cross my deviant mind with my crazy mad photoshop skillz and you go from this :

[Image: 3451251442_faacc66d7d_o.jpg]

To this:

[Image: 3450435801_05a7e3171a_o.jpg]

That's why I'm The King of Awesome
Wowie Groovie !
Diggin' the baseball shot, T.
Thanks P, I think I can give youa run for your money with the Pitching and batting, but I think you're going to own me infield and outfield
Wowie Groovie !
Outfield action can be difficult... often times the really cool plays, like a diving catch or climbing the wall, happen waaayyyy out there, almost too deep to get much worthwhile.