Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Obama
hotzester Wrote:Public apologies to Philly Mike for thinking he was overusing the term "ambulance driver"!

:::crawls into corner:::

haha i didn't even notice the comment
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Nevermind.
moro[n] also = ambulance driver

Thanks Ron!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:moro[n] also = ambulance driver

Thanks Ron!

lol that explains a lot, considering i used both words at different times in the same post.

so from now on if i want to spell those words i will just do idi0t, or m0r0n, that is if those specific words are called for.

but the ambulance driver replacement is appropriate.
The day is coming when the censored words list doesn't automatically replace words and I will miss that feature.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Admin Wrote:moro[n] also = ambulance driver

Thanks Ron!
but the ambulance driver replacement is appropriate.
Ron was such and ambulance driver that it seems appropriate to label the term "Ambulance Driver"as the "duct tape" of terms for mentally deficient.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Our fearless leader is shutting down all secret CIA terrorist prisons including Guantanamo Bay. Well at least now Al-Qaida will know where to look to bust out their top cronies.

Hey Obama, whatever you do make sure you make big decisions that can have lasting negative impact your second full day in office.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
It's a shutdown for oil.
Jiggy Wrote:Our fearless leader is shutting down all secret CIA terrorist prisons including Guantanamo Bay. Well at least now Al-Qaida will know where to look to bust out their top cronies.

Hey Obama, whatever you do make sure you make big decisions that can have lasting negative impact your second full day in office.

I think he is right about the whole guantanamo bay thing, The whole torture thing is a stain on the USA and our reputation amongst our allies. That whole deal is an issue for another thread though.
I don't care WHAT MEASURES we take to get information out of a terrorist if it means saving American lives. If we let the enemy know that we have a certain line we'll never cross, we lose the advantage of fear. Once an American is killed because we couldn't successfully extract intelligence from a detainee, the people might understand.

Furthermore, I don't give a rat's ass about the happiness or comfort of a terrorist. They are not, nor should they be, afforded protection under the U.S. Constitution or Geneva Convention. Neither of those documents apply to a rebel fighter who is not operating under the authority of a sovereign nation.
hotzester Wrote:I don't care WHAT MEASURES we take to get information out of a terrorist...

hotzester Wrote:...we lose the advantage of fear....

don't you have issues with hypocrisy?

...i must be a granola head.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:Our fearless leader is shutting down all secret CIA terrorist prisons including Guantanamo Bay. Well at least now Al-Qaida will know where to look to bust out their top cronies.

I think he is right about the whole guantanamo bay thing, The whole torture thing is a stain on the USA and our reputation amongst our allies. That whole deal is an issue for another thread though.

I don't think he's exactly right on the Guantanamo Bay issue. A place off of the continental US to detain people caught trying to kill soldiers and engaging in terrorist activities is fine by me. Where are we going to put them? No one in America wants them in their neighborhood (aka NIMBY syndrome). No country is apparently going to take them either.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
It's not hypocrisy.

One side uses fear to intimidate and savagely murder innocents, many of whom are women and children.

The other side uses fear to coerce information out of those committing said murders in an attempt to stop them in the future.

The hypocrisy argument is a weak position that tries in vain to mask the difference between women, children, and those would seek their deaths.
Barack Obama hasn't been president a whole week yet and I'm already sick of CNN cumming on themselves. This just in: President Obama has done more in two days than most presidents do in a whole term. Details 24/7.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Buckle up, Maddog....it's only gonna get worse.
first of all, if you got a problem with CNN stop watching it, second of all yeah it is annoying the man is not the second coming, he is just a person, no big deal. Yes they have to get over it and they will when he stops drawing in the ratings, but right now he is the hot topic so they will be covering everything, I am surpirsed they dont make a report for the first time he takes a shit in the white house. With that out of the way.

Quote: It's not hypocrisy.

One side uses fear to intimidate and savagely murder innocents, many of whom are women and children.

The other side uses fear to coerce information out of those committing said murders in an attempt to stop them in the future.

The hypocrisy argument is a weak position that tries in vain to mask the difference between women, children, and those would seek their deaths.

It is hypocrisy, terror is terror. Torture is another form of terrorism

tortured - anguished: experiencing intense pain especially mental pain

terror - panic: an overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety

They seem pretty similar to me.

There is no difference, and studies have shown that torture gained results are not always dependable, these methods take just as long as the regular way if any positive results yield, and most times no positive results are achieved.

That plus why would we lower ourselves to their level just to try to get info. Doing this does nothing but make us no better than them.
So to be clear, your position is that using methods some call "torture" to obtain intelligence from known terrorists is no different than people walking into the middle of a shopping center and blowing themselves up along with hundreds of innocent civilians?

There is an insurmountable difference. It's not "lowering ourselves" to their level. Their level initiates these methods for the sole purpose of inflicting harm. They do it for one reason - to kill people. Additionally, we're not doing it to kill at all. We're doing it to extract intelligence. How are those even remotely the same?

Secondly, it's not "just" to get info. Any information that spares the lives of innocent people is hardly "just" information.

These scumbags are not worthy of compassion or empathy. They are murderers of innocent people. You'll have to forgive me if I don't shed a tear at the thought of them being waterboarded.
Mad Dog Wrote:Barack Obama hasn't been president a whole week yet and I'm already sick of CNN cumming on themselves. This just in: President Obama has done more in two days than most presidents do in a whole term. Details 24/7.
totally agree. it goes both ways: people are flying waaay off the handle praising and damning him when he hasn't had had an effect on anything yet. it's silly.
He's got some lofty demands to fill. The democrats and the media have so overhyped him, there's no way he can possibly satiate all of their requests, which is going to make him look like a failure. I heard an analyst yesterday - it may have been Newt, I can't recall - say that he thought that President Obama's inaugural speech was written the way it was so as to attempt to lower the expectations a little bit, because otherwise there's no way he can succeed.
My take on this:

The recession that we're in will end in the next year or two. Obama will take and get all of the credit, just like Bush got all of the blame for the recession. Obama will be re-elected for another term. People will like him, because he will be remembered for turning the economy around.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:My take on this:

The recession that we're in will end in the next year or two. Obama will take and get all of the credit, just like Bush got all of the blame for the recession. Obama will be re-elected for another term. People will like him, because he will be remembered for turning the economy around.

Game. Set. Match.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I've got the exact opposite prediction. The left has the White House, the Senate AND the House of Representatives. They'll be able to get almost anything through. As a result, we'll bail out every failing private sector industry, they'll socialize everything not nailed to a desk, and taxes will go up to pay for it all. In the end, the economy will be worse off, President Obama will look like Jimmy Carter 2.0 and he'll be a one and done President.

Then, in 2012, a true Reagan-inspired Conservative will come along and start to fix it all.

The danger the Democrats have put themselves in is that they've got no one to blame when all of this fails. They're at the big kids' table now. Every time something fails, or worsens the situation it was designed to repair, they'll get more and more desperate, and they'll panic.
hotzester Wrote:I've got the exact opposite prediction. The left has the White House, the Senate AND the House of Representatives. They'll be able to get almost anything through. As a result, we'll bail out every failing private sector industry, they'll socialize everything not nailed to a desk, and taxes will go up to pay for it all. In the end, the economy will be worse off, President Obama will look like Jimmy Carter 2.0 and he'll be a one and done President.

Then, in 2012, a true Reagan-inspired Conservative will come along and start to fix it all.

The danger the Democrats have put themselves in is that they've got no one to blame when all of this fails. They're at the big kids' table now. Every time something fails, or worsens the situation it was designed to repair, they'll get more and more desperate, and they'll panic.

I do think he could take the same path as Carter but the one thing Obama has going for him is that the democrats (and a good chunk of the media for that matter) have so snowballed the public in believing that the situation we are currently in is only the fault of bush and the republicans and they will continue to shed the blame for everything. If they are able to keep up this media barrage that they were able to "keep us from sinking further" then he may get a second term.
Quote of the Day:
hotzester Wrote:Then, in 2012, a true Reagan-inspired Conservative will come along and start to fix it all.

Zester 2012.
That's what she said.
Oh, great. Now I have to choose between Allyson and Queenie for my VP seat. Are either of you interested in Secretary of Defense?
Give me Secretary of Defense and I will see to it that only English-speaking nations are left by 2013.
That's what she said.
Well wait a second...I've given it some thought, and with Queenie's experience as Queen of Whore Island, that might make her a great nominee for Secretary of Commerce. That would leave the VP seat open for you.
hotzester Wrote:Oh, great. Now I have to choose between Allyson and Queenie for my VP seat. Are either of you interested in Secretary of Defense?

Has to be Allyson. She's little and feisty.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Yeah she's like a cuter version of Dick Cheney.
Plus I have DoD experience.
That's what she said.
Wow this is hard! That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:Give me Secretary of Defense and I will see to it that only English-speaking nations are left by 2013.

+1,000

I live in Robertson County, but work in Davidson County (Nashville). Yesterday, they held a special election to amend the Metro Charter by passing a law mandating Metro government to operate primarily in English. Supporters believe if English Only passes it will lead to a stronger Nashville - unified under one language. But opponents believe the proposal would hurt those who rely on government services the most. A half a millon dollars and a day later, the amendment was shot down.

To me, if I go to another country, I am forced to adapt to their language and customs. I have absolutely no problem with that. Why should it be any different here? Immigration doesn't really bother me, but I do not think we should have to spend extra money for multi-languaged documents and interpretors either. With regard to it hurting those who rely on government services the most . . . oh my word, I cannot get that riled up this early in the morning, but i'm sure some of you can express the screams that yearn to come from my Effing mouth. :-[ :-[
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
hotzester Wrote:Well wait a second...I've given it some thought, and with Queenie's experience as Queen of Whore Island, that might make her a great nominee for Secretary of Commerce. That would leave the VP seat open for you.

Can't we just forget about all that Whore Island stuff and act like it never happened? Undecided
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Spoken like a true Vice Presidential Contender!

"The concept of a melting pot only works if there's some melting going on."

We don't have a "melting pot" anymore, we have a SALAD. All of these individual vegetables retaining their own characteristics...
hotzester Wrote:Oh, great. Now I have to choose between Allyson and Queenie for my VP seat. Are either of you interested in Secretary of Defense?

You'll need a few phonebooks for her to sit on so that Allyson can see over the table.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I think a Playskool picnic table would look adorable sitting at the head of Congress during the State of the Union.
hotzester Wrote:I think a Playskool picnic table would look adorable sitting at the head of Congress during the State of the Union.
[Image: 40633621-177x150-0-0.jpg]
She will need something more like this:

[Image: little-tikes-adjust-n-draw-table.jpg]

-she will need to be able to plan out her defense strategy.
+1 RM!
Damn you all!

Actually my parents might still own one of those tables and I might still [awkwardly] fit in it.
That's what she said.