Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The show needs a new name
I keep hearing that now-loyal listeners first refused to listen to the show solely due to it's stupid name. People are first exposed to the show on a bad note, expecting to be disappointed. Only after then do they realize that the show is good. I think they need to eliminate this little roadblock so that they can reach a larger audience, thereby creating more traffic to this messageboard, thereby making me a hero to more than just you sucks.

All suggestions will be considered before being discarded for my devastatingly awesome suggestion. I will then e-mail the show's new name to the fellas so that they can start work on the new logos, theme music, and what not.

My suggestion:

Salmonella.

Not "The Salmonella Show" or the "Wacky Salmonella Morning Zoo". Just straight up Salmonella. How catchy is that? "Listen to Salmonella in the mornings, followed by non-stop lock stock rockin' all day." It just rolls off the tongue. Matter of fact, I don't even think I need your suggestions.

Please use the space below to praise my brilliance, as per usual. Thanks.
The Kumquat show.

/thread
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
The reason I did't listen wasn't solely based on the name. It was the billboards advertising the show. "Funny Name, Funnier Show" All I could think was, wow, if they think that name is funny, the show must bereallybad!

I think they should just change the billboards and ads to say something like, stupid name, funny show.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
The taco and burrito show

The Mexican food thread
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Rock Monster Wrote:The reason I did't listen wasn't solely based on the name. It was the billboards advertising the show. "Funny Name, Funnier Show" All I could think was, wow, if they think that name is funny, the show must bereallybad!

I think they should just change the billboards and ads to say something like, stupid name, funny show.

Yeah that sound pretty good. They can't change the name of the damn show though . . .it just would not be right.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
the 'No Hairy Bushed Nuns' morning show
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Rock Monster Wrote:The reason I did't listen wasn't solely based on the name. It was the billboards advertising the show. "Funny Name, Funnier Show" All I could think was, wow, if they think that name is funny, the show must bereallybad!

I totally agree with that. I'd like to think that it was someone in management that made that decision and not the guys.
Queenie Wrote:

Yeah that sound pretty good. They can't change the name of the damn show though . . .it just would not be right.

a lot of people find 'stupid' offensive

but they're stupid
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Less suggestions. More praise.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Yeah that sound pretty good. They can't change the name of the damn show though . . .it just would not be right.

a lot of people find 'stupid' offensive

but they're stupid

and offensive!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I've created new names for the fellas:

Free Beer: Salmon
Hot Wings: Ella
Zane: Shiquid
Joe: Kid Thunder

So let it be written. So let it be done.
Fistor Wrote:I've created new names for the fellas:

Free Beer: Salmon
Hot Wings: Ella
Zane: Shiquid
Joe: Kid Thunder

So let it be written. So let it be done.

You're Creeping Death?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
How about these new names:

Free Beer: Bobo
Hot Wings: Lil' Debbull
Zane: Shock G
Joe: Kruk

and it will be the Bobo and Lil' Debbull Show

Okay yeah I recently watched "Nothing But Trouble"
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:How about these new names:

"Nothing But Trouble"

great movie!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:How about these new names:

"Nothing But Trouble"

great movie!

Actually, Shock G was one of the members of Digital Underground (along with Humpty Hump).
Admin Wrote:The Kumquat show.

/thread

BOO!

Oddly enough, it was those same stupid billboards that got me to listen in the first place, I had just moved to GR and the only thing I knew about morning radio in the area was that I hated Bob and Tom, and FBHW couldn't possibly be any worse than those aholes.

I want to add the word FRIED to the title.

The Fried Salmonella show,

The Fried Kumquat show.

The fried Bobo and lil whatever you said show

FRIED GOT DAGGIT !
Wowie Groovie !
No new name for the show. There is no way that they can change it now, besides I like it.
KEEP THE EFFIN NAME! DONT CHANGE IT.
Brian Wrote:KEEP THE EFFIN NAME! DONT CHANGE IT.

:Smile

Fine, but add fried to it.

FB & HW Fried Morning show
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:

Fine, but add fried to it.

FB & HW Fried Morning show

actually.....i like it......

Zane = fried pickles
Joe= ultimate nachos
FB & HW Deep Fried Cheesecake Show!

Happy Birthday!

[Image: capslock.jpg]

Tongue
I like the name just as it is.
While on the topic, does anyone know how the Free Beer and Hot Wings name came about?
That's what she said.
Never change the name! If you can't handle the awesome then go listen to the gurgling of your retarded mother. Anyone who has a problem with FB&HW can go suck a dead dogs gooch.
Get a sence of humor. damn.
ilikedrinking Wrote:Never change the name! If you can't handle the awesome then go listen to the gurgling of your retarded mother. Anyone who has a problem with FB&HW can go suck a dead dogs gooch.

Awesome.
Not sure if this is right. My husband says it comes from a pun on other shows stupid names....... As I said I'm not totally sure, but I like the name anyway.
Allyson Wrote:While on the topic, does anyone know how the Free Beer and Hot Wings name came about?

It goes back to when Chris and Gregg were in college, sometimes Gregg would get nightmares, and Chris would get in bed and snuggle with him.

"Think about the best thing you can think of" Chris would say.

"Free Beer" would be Gregg's respnse, and then he would giggle, and they would eventually fall asleep with Chris as the big spoon.

Eventually Free Beer bacame Chris's pet name, for Gregg. And soon all of their friends we're calling him that as well.

That same year on Christmas break, Free Beer and Chris were drinking eggnog and enjoying tasty holiday omlettes, when Chris's Dad said, "Jeez you two are together so much we should start calling you Hot Wings Chris" And from that point the name just stuck.
Wowie Groovie !
Wow that actually makes sense up until about

Titan ! Wrote:sometimes Gregg would get nightmares

Thanks for the clarification.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:Wow that actually makes sense up until about

Titan ! Wrote:sometimes Gregg would get nightmares

Thanks for the clarification.

You're welcome. Wink
Wowie Groovie !