Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Bumper Stuff
It may not bother anyone else but if I had the choice I'd rather not here the traffic and local news stuff on the podcasts before they play the bumper music and get into the good stuff. This may not even be possible but I was just throwing it out there.
I LOVE that stuff, I mean the weather might be a little much, but it's only a second, and they always comment on the news. And I think it's hilarious when describing an accident or a fire Zane calls then "some jerk". I know it's strange that I possibly hear more Grand Rapids news than I do Maine news, but I am so glad they added the Grand Rapids only stuff. I dont know why I laughed so hard when they were trying to get the dead air alarm to go off
i enjoy knowing whats going on in MI,

even though im in TN Tongue
Fast-forwarding through the stuff you don't wanna hear is a hell of a lot quicker than them having to edit and trim every single break every day.
That is a great point.
the podcast USED to have every segment enter in with the bump music - now every segment has traffic/weather/news & sports, etc. It can't be that hard to trim it before posting... point & click. it was always nice when one local pre-bump thing slipped through but now it's all the time. It's annoying, sure. but ultimately, not that big of a deal... I am really curious though as to WHY they stopped doing that... anyone know?
hotzester Wrote:Fast-forwarding through the stuff you don't wanna hear is a hell of a lot quicker than them having to edit and trim every single break every day.

Absolutely. If someone doesn't like the local stuff then they can skip it. I'd rather have extra stuff I don't want to hear that I have the option of hearing than have it cut out so that I can never hear it.

It's rather stupid for someone to say that they want the podcast cut down shorter. "Oh yes! Give me LESS for my money!"
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I love the local stuff... granted, I'm from the area, so I get a bunch of the inside jokes, but yeah, there are often some little chunks of comedic gold within that little bit of each segment.
I actually like it. Living in NY and hearing some of the GR stuff is quite entertaining.
The pre-bump stuff is awesome!!!

If you don't like it then FF it mother-Fers
miahoyhoy Wrote:The pre-bump stuff is awesome!!!

If you don't like it then FF it mother-Fers

....but but but but it's easier if someone else removes it for me so i don't have to hold down a button for 3 seconds!