Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nickleback
Is there anyone out there that truly likes Nickleback? They play them on GRD all the freaking time, and I don't personally know a single person out there that likes them. I wish they would die! Am I alone in the thinking that they pay radio stations to play their music?

And if anyone at GRD is reading this, that can actually make a difference, PLEASE STOP PLAYING THAT CRAP!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I don't know what coporate rock exactly means, I just know that if any band represented it, it would be Nickleback.

Take Nickleback and Creed, wad them up into a little ball, and cast them into oblivion.
Is creed even around anymore? They're not shoved down your throat like nippleback are.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Only chicks and bro's like Nippleblack
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Rock Monster Wrote:Is creed even around anymore? They're not shoved down your throat like nippleback are.

Nickelback is Creed 2.

You could not escape from Creed when they were "hot". It was sickening.
I liked Creed. Have all 3 albums. And Beautiful is a kick ass song.

However since their break up I can't stand either Altar Bridge, or Stapp's solo album. Which by the way, his second solo album is out soon, I got a friend request from him on myspace a few weeks ago. Woo.
Wowie Groovie !
So do you like Nippleback then?
Rock Monster Wrote:So do you like Nippleback then?

No not really. Like Fistee said, they're Creed 2 and with the exception of 1 song, I'm over Creed
Wowie Groovie !
They were OK when they first came out. Now I think they must have sold their souls. 'Cause every F-in song they release goes straight to the top.
Everything you need to know about Nickleback is right here:

http://www.thewebshite.net/nickelback.htm
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
jus' P Wrote:They were OK when they first came out. Now I think they must have sold their souls. 'Cause every F-in song they release goes straight to the top.

I didn't like them when they came out either, except for maybe 1/2 the song. If you just have them as background noise, they're not completely terrible, but if you listen to the lyrics.... OH MY GOD!!!!! >Sad >Sad
Admin Wrote:Everything you need to know about Nickleback is right here:

Holy crap! I mean, I knew it to be true, but hearing it side by side like that refreshes my hatred of them.
Fistor Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Everything you need to know about Nickleback is right here:

Holy crap! I mean, I knew it to be true, but hearing it side by side like that refreshes my hatred of them.

and the sheep keep buying their records
Rock Monster Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:They were OK when they first came out. Now I think they must have sold their souls. 'Cause every F-in song they release goes straight to the top.

I didn't like them when they came out either, except for maybe 1/2 the song. If you just have them as background noise, they're not completely terrible, but if you listen to the lyrics.... OH MY GOD!!!!! >Sad >Sad

Yes! His lyrics are just stupid. They are like a schoolkid coming up with rhymes. Example:

"Kim's the first girl I kissed
I was so nervous I nearly missed"

What the hell does that mean?
I know who listens to them: My cousin who just finally cut off his mullet. He listened to every glam band ever in the 80's and early 90's (still does for that matter). In fact he was so pissed off when Metallica cut off their hair that he wrote Lars Ulrich a letter bitching about it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
It just came to me. The people who listen to Nickelback are the same type people that made Def Leppard popular.
I don't know why everyone has so much hatred towards them...
Ever since their first CD I've loved them, and I guess I'm one of the few...
Especially seeing everyone that posted hates them too.
I still love Creed and Nickelback though...
brytn Wrote:It just came to me. The people who listen to Nickelback are the same type people that made Def Leppard popular.

EASY NOW!!!@#

Def Leppard's High 'N Dry is probably in my top 15 albums. This was back when their drummer had two arms and they actually used their guitars for something other than sexual props.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCZNvrzYYmQ
Fistor Wrote:
brytn Wrote:It just came to me. The people who listen to Nickelback are the same type people that made Def Leppard popular.

EASY NOW!!!@#

Def Leppard's High 'N Dry is probably in my top 15 albums. This was back when their drummer had two arms and they actually used their guitars for something other than sexual props.

Check it out:

Also, for those not familiar, this is how most videos looked back in the early days of MTV. Fake concert footage, basically. No one knew WTF they were doing when a band decided they wanted to produce a video. And I loved it, by the way.

alsoalso, note the liberal use of the cowbell. Back in my day cowbells were all the rage.
ALSOALSOALSO!!@# Same album, title track.

IT KICKS SO MUCH ASS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!@#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7196xtQ7UQ
Fistor Wrote:

EASY NOW!!!@#

Check it out:

Also before that poser Phil Collen joined the band.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I dated a guy who was obsessed with them. I personally like them but I know more people who would rather stick pencils in their ears.
That's what she said.
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:EASY NOW!!!@#

Check it out:

Also before that poser Phil Collen joined the band.

I'm so old school with Def Leppard that I considered Pyromania a sell-out album. I think I was 13 when it came out. I also remember being mega-pissed when they re-did Bringin' On The Heartbreak and added stupid Effing keyboards to it.
Fistor Wrote:I'm so old school with Def Leppard that I considered Pyromania a sell-out album. I think I was 13 when it came out. I also remember being mega-pissed when they re-did Bringin' On The Heartbreak and added stupid effing keyboards to it.

Photograph = one of the most candy assed crap songs of all time. I hate Pyromania just for that song.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Yeah that was what I was talking about. I had almost forgotten about High N Dry (so, thanks for costing me money since, now I have to download from iTunes).

I was railing against them the other day because they are coming to Nashville (or, maybe already have) and a friend of mine actually said, "You gotta like Def Leppard. Their drummer only has one arm." As if this was reason to enjoy the band. I just stared at him dumbfounded at his logic.
I saw Def Leppard and Cheap Trick live. Rick Nielson had this powerful sound which one can only produce through running a guitar through a tube amp. Then came Def Leppard and all their watered down processed guitar tones that were about as thick as Karen Carpenters waist.

I used to love them. Now I hate them.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Hated 'em then(DL)...Hate 'em now. I do always get a chuckle remembering my lil' brother thinking it was a one guy and his first name was "Def". Yeah, Joe, him and that Led Zeppelin dude are awesome!!
jus' P Wrote:Hated 'em then(DL)...Hate 'em now. I do always get a chuckle remembering my lil' brother thinking it was a one guy and his first name was "Def". Yeah, Joe, him and that Led Zeppelin dude are awesome!!

Steely Dan is a good singer.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Hated 'em then(DL)...Hate 'em now. I do always get a chuckle remembering my lil' brother thinking it was a one guy and his first name was "Def". Yeah, Joe, him and that Led Zeppelin dude are awesome!!

Steely Dan is a good singer.

He's crap compared to Pink Floyd.
Yah but he's riding the gravy train.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Don't forget Dire Straits
Gee dee it, now I have set all these songs from the first two albums to auto play on YouTube. If the phone rings they're going to voicemail.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I like Nickleback, but their music has a short life span. That is, if you hear it more then once a day, the music gets old quick.

I was a huge Creed fan, but I loathed Arms Wide Open and a few of their other over-played songs.

Alter Bridge has great instrumentals, but might as well be Uncle Pullfinger when it comes to vocals.
Admin Wrote:Gee dee it, now I have set all these songs from the first two albums to auto play on YouTube. If the phone rings they're going to voicemail.

Def Leppard or Nicklesuck?
Nickleback and Creed. Rock out with your cock out.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Nickleback and Creed. Rock out with your cock out.

Those bands kick so much ass, I don't see how it's possible to rock out to them while keeping your cock within the confines of your pants.
semisleeper Wrote:I like Nickleback, but their music has a short life span. That is, if you hear it more then once a day, the music gets old quick.

Serious question:
How can you consider it good music if you can't listen to it more than once a day? I have some CD's that I will listen to 3 or 4 times consecutively on a long drive.
I posted a poll, because I'm curious how many people relly like this band.

I know, I'm obsessed, but I really hate them. I think Uncle Pullfinger may be better at writing lyrics.... and the music part too!
jus' P Wrote:Don't forget Dire Straits
Mark Knopfler is a pretty damn good guitarist in my book.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Don't forget Dire Straits
Mark Knopfler is a pretty damn good guitarist in my book.

Making Movies gives me a boner.