Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other GR radio copying FBHW!
I have heard them and they are cheap rip offs!
Has anyone heard some of the other radio shows in GR trying to do things that FBHW show does in the morning? Some of them are on at night or in the morning. I have always wanted to call them and let them know that is has already been done and they should try to be original and not copy FBHW. Lastly, I have heard some of the other shows and wish I could copy the idiocy of it for FBHW to put under the bus. Maybe it's just me but curious what other Grand Rapids fans have heard.
when Joe had to snort Jager, pudding had his intern snort vodka two days later...
real original.
Not really, other than inbetween commercial breaks i've heard Kevin talk about "freebooze and hotdogs" and one other time, "Freebeer and Tune" wow... funny funny stuff there kev... moron
Who airs Kevin Matthews in GR? I listened to him 10+ years ago, I think it was on GRD back then. I thought he was dead.
smarterthanhw Wrote:Who airs Kevin Matthews in GR? I listened to him 10+ years ago, I think it was on GRD back then. I thought he was dead.

He's on another station in GR. When you hear the guys refer to "The Legend" or "Drunk Kev" that is who they are referring to..............allegedly.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Kev is on WLAV now. I don't know that he was ever on GRD.

Don't ya know, he used to be in Chicago, but he's "too good" for Chicago...
too boaring for Chicago, kinda an ass too. I worked at LAV for a bit and there isn't a room big enough for Kev and Bill Simonson's heads at the same time.
Bill Simonson? Do you mean Huge-a-Dumbass?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Whoa...He is actually, physically IN Grand Rapids? Wow...how very, very sad. Someday they will find that the LAV studios were built on a huge deposit of exotic ore that exudes an irresistable pull on douchebags: Tony Gates ("Tone The Fun Guy"?! WTFingF is that?), Red Noize (remember him?), and now Kevin Matthews. How long before Seacrest finds his way here?
I saw Bill Simonson the other day in a GR parking garage. The dude actually drives around in a big picup truck with "HUGE" plastered all over the hood and sides of it. Man, the HUGE ego on that guy.
I saw Bill Simonson the other day in a GR parking garage. The dude actually drives around in a big picup truck with "HUGE" plastered all over the hood and sides of it. Man, the HUGE ego on that guy.
That guy is such a toolbag.
[Image: 1187783973teh_ghey.jpg]
Sorry keep the "HUGE" thing going but I hate that dude. I bowled on a league that he put on, they promised game ticket give aways to Piston, Red Wing and Tigers, also promised Prize money. We got a "HUGE SHOW" tee shirt the first night and they gave away a 4-pack of Wings tickets. Then nothing the rest of the league and at the end, my team won the league and we got nothing, when I called and asked about the prize money they told me that they would look into it. That was 2 years ago and we never saw or heard anything else about it.

F*ck the HUGE SHOW.
Not only is he an arrogant ass but he's never seen a bandwagon he didn't want to jump on.

He better pray that Shitadel never fires Hanlon. His Hanlon ass kissing is the only way that sports knowledge challenged goon even has a job in radio.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
smarterthanhw Wrote:Whoa...He is actually, physically IN Grand Rapids?

His show gets over around 10 and there have been people who have eluded that within minutes of that you can find him at the local pubs.

I don't know if that's true but I can tell you that he's been mailing it in for quite some time now.

To make it worse, Ed Buchanan is a huge anchor.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
dman99 Wrote:Sorry keep the "HUGE" thing going but I hate that dude. I bowled on a league that he put on, they promised game ticket give aways to Piston, Red Wing and Tigers, also promised Prize money. We got a "HUGE SHOW" tee shirt the first night and they gave away a 4-pack of Wings tickets. Then nothing the rest of the league and at the end, my team won the league and we got nothing, when I called and asked about the prize money they told me that they would look into it. That was 2 years ago and we never saw or heard anything else about it.

F*ck the HUGE SHOW.

A friend of mine has played his softball team, and he refused to leave the batter's box after three strikes and insisted that they keep pitching to him.

Admin Wrote:Not only is he an arrogant ass but he's never seen a bandwagon he didn't want to jump on.

He better pray that Shitadel never fires Hanlon. His Hanlon ass kissing is the only way that sports knowledge challenged goon even has a job in radio.

He jumped off the Tigers bandwagon a few weeks ago, calling for Leyland to be fired, and now they're doing much better. "Good riddance, f*ckface."

I guess back when the Tigers started the season 0-7, The Legend said he was going to stay in the studio until they won a game. Unfortunately, they won the next night. Never before have I wished the Tigers would lose a dozen games in a row.
This is extremely off-topic, but I think I may make an off-topic thread about it:

I HATE SPUD. He makes my blood boil. I hate him with passion.
Kate Wrote:This is extremely off-topic, but I think I may make an off-topic thread about it:

There's one over here http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?bo...thread=119
Kate Wrote:This is extremely off-topic, but I think I may make an off-topic thread about it:

me too, lets screw

http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?bo...thread=119
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
104.5 WSNX in GR copied the bit where Producer Joe cut a hole in a tennis ball and used it to unlock Zane's car (DODGE NEON) one week after FBHW did it.

Needless to say they are the same morning show who is nearly famous for saying on TV "Tomorrow we're gonna put stuff in the microwave and see what happens... That's a big reason to tune in."
winner winner chicken dinner.
DAMNIT that's stuck in my head.
Thanks for the link to the page where I can vent my anger about how much I hate Spud.
He added me on Myspace and I just may delete him very soon.
Apparently he must need MySpace friends so badly he steals them from other hosts. I soon as I added all of the guys from the show to my friends, I got a friends request from him.
ME TOO. I added WGRD and then instantly, friend add from Spud. I thought it was cool for a minute, until I heard him on the air and his stupid commercials. In fact, the more I think about him the angrier I get.
IMO it's difficult to tell since radio shows like comics "barrow" stuff from one another all the time. Althought FB&HW Show normally will give credit for a bit were credit is due.
Puddin(104.5) once had his intern kneel on rice, and then said that his interns don't spin some dumb wheel and then do stunts. What an idiot.
Going back to the Huge bashing. I loved how he got snubbed last summer when Kenny Rogers came to pitch a rehab game with the Whitecaps.

Earlier in the day I had heard Huge on KLQ, saying how he was going to be the last person to see Kenny on the mound before the game, and he was going to shake his hand, give him the baseball, and wish him luck. Fast foward to the game. Huge isn't allowed anywhere near Kenny, and the person to hand him the game ball is a little girl who was there with her Little League team.
Admin Wrote:Bill Simonson? Do you mean Huge-a-Dumbass?

See my signature quote Wink

True fans of the show will know where it came from.
I can't stand listening to Huge either. I've also heard that he's quite the bar hopper.

His voice harshes my soul.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Huge is the ultimate bandwagon fan/radio host. He is a talentless host that mimicks other's opinions as his own. He hated the Tigers when they stunk, but quickly jumped on the wagon when things started rolling well for them. A caller with a different view with some relevant facts is either shouted down or interrupted with an obtuse Huge statement that doesnt intellectually make sense. Go back to Chicago!
HUGE sucks. He was doing a broadcast from a bar after a Lions game a few years back and I did an impression of his voice. He was pissed. Eat it, HUGE.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Kate Wrote:winner winner chicken dinner.
DAMNIT that's stuck in my head.
Thanks for the link to the page where I can vent my anger about how much I hate Spud.
He added me on Myspace and I just may delete him very soon.

I repeatedly deny his requests.