Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for those who get the podcast
I am a teacher which means I am off for the summer and not waking up early everyday to listen to the show. Are the podcasts for every show up each day after they are done with the show? Do find it just as enjoyable to listen to as listening live?
the podcasted segments usually show up about an hour after they air, and it is defintely still enjoyable to listen to, especially since you get to hear your favorite things over and over. I would say the $30 per year fee is a great deal to hear the entire show any time you want.
I prefer podcasting because I can pause with the constant interruptions that work brings.

Also you get to hear Zane do local traffic reports, which is worth $3 a month by itself.
I love Podcasts. That way you can re-live all your favorite moments. I've heard every minute since December 2006.
zane - "looks like some dick wrecked on 44th street, its causing huge back ups, way to go a-hole"
The only drawback I see is that since you aren't listening live, you can't participate in the show. I really wish the other day that I could have sent an e-mail to Uncle Pullfinger because it was days later, or get a chance to play Dumber than Zane. If something really funny happens, I see it on here first and get to it days later. Other than that though, its still the best $30 I ever paid
I used to be only a day behind with podcasts, but in mid-August I fell behind, then I couldn't get the damn podcasts to download, so I'm about a week and a half behind now.

I pay monthly and there was only one time where Dean took longer than a two days to e-mail me the newest link. Only once has my subscription run out on me and I was able to get caught up with the new link since they remain available for a week (although I wish the podcasts went back a few more days than that).

I like being able to back up and hear what I missed, or pause it at work, and I listen to it in the car on the way home from work this way. Since the building I work in has the crappiest radio reception ever, the only way I can hear the show during the workday is through podcasts, because I can't hear much more than static when I try to listen live.

Like ashleykme said, the only downside is not being able to participate. If I'm only a day behind, I might be able to e-mail something in, but where I am now, just like with that Uncle Pullfinger thing, I heard only bits and pieces live and didn't get to e-mail Uncle Pullfinger when he was still relevant (who ever thought I'd say those two things together in a sentence?).

On a slight tangent, having Uncle Pullfinger's Who Cut the Cheese stuck in my head is so much better than having Little Markie stuck in my head, but I'm not sure where it falls on the scale compared to Tiny Tim's Santa has AIDS song.
predsfan Wrote:I prefer podcasting because I can pause with the constant interruptions that work brings.

Also you get to hear Zane do local traffic reports, which is worth $3 a month by itself.

Very true. Nothing beats Zane tough talking bad drivers especially when his description of the accident implies that it probably wasn't the guy's fault.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
The Podcasts get posted on the break after that segment airs. I like the extra content you get with podcasts, like this week had the botched purina one ad and that 16th segment is good most of the time!!
I heard the Purina ad live and was PRAYING they'd post it. It was the funniest thing I'd heard in a long time. I was actually having a bad day at that point and that ad brought me out of it!
heywood jablome Wrote:zane - "looks like some dick wrecked on 44th street, its causing huge back ups, way to go a-hole"

HAHAHA!
THAT'S SOME FUNNY SHITE
does the podcast work on the microsoft zune?
The podcasts are just good ol' fashion mp3s, so they should play just fine on the Zune.