Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of bump music
Hey, I was wondering if we could try to make a list of all the bump music. Some of the songs I really like and would like to download, and some I can't stand. I know "John the Fisherman" by Primus is in there, and that Jet song whose title I can't remember, and the one by Pop Evil, and "Show Me How To Live" by Audioslave. Anyone know the names to other ones?
Man, they sure do love John The Fisherman. More than likely thanks to Guitar Hero. Personally I think the song is terrible (not a Primus fan, find them stupid), but I guess for bump music the opening guitar riff works.
Yeah, I think that was a Free Beer pick, I remember him talking about playing it on Guitar Hero a lot. It's ok, but it works for bump music.
Thunder Kiss '65. for White Zombie.
Just Got Paid - ZZ Top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHnUtuLgZGE
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I was thinking, they should use the intro to Cut the Cheese as bumper music.
That's what she said.
Give You Nothing
Bad Religion
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Here's the five we are using:

Morphine "All Wrong"

ZZ Top "Just Got Paid

Primus "John The Fisherman"

Morphine "Early to Bed"

Vallejo "Just Another Day"

Hope that helps!
Thanks to all!

There's only five? Maybe they've narrowed down what works...
Thanks FB, I couldn't figure the artist on the Morphine tracks. ;D
freebeer Wrote:Here's the five we are using:

Morphine "All Wrong"

ZZ Top "Just Got Paid

Morphine "Early to Bed"

Hope that helps!

i don't hear The Joe and Ben Show bumper music anymore FB.....i liked it.
The Joe and Ben Bump will still be used once in a while, but it won't be in regular rotation.
I liked the Joe and Ben music, but it kind of reminded me too much of the Joe and Ben Show. I think I kind of complained the first day about not liking the new music, but I think they edited it down really well.
Allyson Wrote:I was thinking, they should use the intro to Cut the Cheese as bumper music.

they should use it as the failure report intro lol

Morphine "All Wrong"

ZZ Top "Just Got Paid

Morphine "Early to Bed"

Hope that helps!

Ah. I thought I was going crazy. I remember when the new bump music started there were like 20 of them and now it seems like I keep hearing the same few over and over again. Just curious, why'd you decide to keep only 5 on regular rotation? I was digging the crazy amount of variety.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:

Morphine "All Wrong"

ZZ Top "Just Got Paid

Morphine "Early to Bed"

Hope that helps!

Ah. I thought I was going crazy. I remember when the new bump music started there were like 20 of them and now it seems like I keep hearing the same few over and over again. Just curious, why'd you decide to keep only 5 on regular rotation? I was digging the crazy amount of variety.

Agreed.
mayorofawesometown Wrote:

Morphine "All Wrong"

ZZ Top "Just Got Paid

Morphine "Early to Bed"

Hope that helps!

Just taking a stab here, but I'm guessing its for branding themselves.

Rather than have multiple different clips, they use the same one, or a rotation of the same ones so that the listeners get used to it/them and know that they are on the right station and that its time to stop tuning out the commercials and start listening again.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I like it better that they settled on a few.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I think they picked the best ones, that first day just seemed like chaos
I like the old bump music
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Could use Walking on sunshine remix by Allison the duster addict

...maybe joes favorite song as of now
the bump music FBHW use now is getting really annoying. What happened to random bump music?
Kate Wrote:the bump music FBHW use now is getting really annoying. What happened to random bump music?

Uncle Pullfinger didn't much care for it so they changed it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
freebeer Wrote:The Joe and Ben Bump will still be used once in a while, but it won't be in regular rotation.

Which is from the Beastie Boy's song called "The Move", fyi. (it plays at the end)
The new bump music is horrible. Especially the sax-heavy song they seem to play constantly.
They should try some Clutch. Most of their songs have decent solos that would work.
miznrg Wrote:They should try some Clutch. Most of their songs have decent solos that would work.

Except the problem there is that they would have to listen to Clutch to find the solos.
Overall I like the five they've settled on, but I do wish the Beastie Boys one was part of the regular rotation.
providencecrow Wrote:
miznrg Wrote:They should try some Clutch. Most of their songs have decent solos that would work.

Except the problem there is that they would have to listen to Clutch to find the solos.

I used to have that opinion but then I discovered how wrong I was.

That said, I hate the "Jesus on the Dashboard" song.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:Except the problem there is that they would have to listen to Clutch to find the solos.

I used to have that opinion but then I discovered how wrong I was.

That said, I hate the "Jesus on the Dashboard" song.

Love "The Mob Goes Wild."
The two Morphine songs are really bad, IMO. The other three are better, except that the Primus one was the only one I recognized so it gets in my head and then I get sick of it. I kinda liked it when they had 20 or so, but I can see how that would be inconvenient.
I liked YYZ that sounded pretty good.
Mike Double U Wrote:I liked YYZ that sounded pretty good.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/rHYt0BqSwno&hl=en[/flash]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
While the animation in that video was really well done, why would you show that one instead of the awesome live version with Peart's amazing drum solo:

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/XMdsAy5MUaU&hl=en[/flash]
It seems they're dropped one of the Morphine songs and brought the Pop Evil song into the regular rotation. Good call!
What's the song they play around the 7:30am CST, when they come back from commercials? I'm sure that's an odd request, but I hear it every day when I get in the car... and I love it!
The Swamp Donkey Wrote:Could use Walking on sunshine remix by Allison the duster addict

...maybe joes favorite song as of now

So basically you want them to use Walking on Sunshine? They try to avoid the lyrics for the bumps.
When there are many different songs used as bump music, it gets kind of confusing. It makes me think that there is a new segment ( like whwt, dtz, stt, joe etc) but its not. I think one or two different songs are good, but it is confusing right now. Plus, some of them are really annoying.
providencecrow Wrote:While the animation in that video was really well done, why would you show that one instead of the awesome live version with Peart's amazing drum solo:

Because drum solos are the biggest waste of time since reruns of "my two dads".
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:While the animation in that video was really well done, why would you show that one instead of the awesome live version with Peart's amazing drum solo:

Because drum solos are the biggest waste of time since reruns of "my two dads".

Aww, drum solos are sweet! But in small doses. And they're cooler when the whole drum rise is raised up and rotated in some fashion.