Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perseid Meteor Shower
The Perseid meteor shower will peak on the night of August 12 (and morning of Aug. 13). And the estimates seem to range from "dozens" of meteors per hour to "50-80 meteors per hour" during the peak.

The moon will be fairly bright (as it will be more than half full) that night, but should set around 2 a.m.
"Perseid meteors will appear to 'rain' into the atmosphere from the constellation Perseus, which rises in the northeast around 11 p.m. in mid-August."

And while the frequency of seeing the "shooting stars" is greatest on the peak night, they are usually visible on the nights before and after that night too, but with less frequency. Of course, stargazing is quite nice even without "shooting stars".

http://stardate.org/nightsky/meteors/
http://meteorshowersonline.com/perseids.html

I'm definitely going to try to watch.. anyone else???
Wow, I never pegged you for an astrology geek! So, do you know if it will be visible in Maine?
mainerliser Wrote:Wow, I never pegged you for an astrology geek! So, do you know if it will be visible in Maine?

She isn't, she just likes pretty things. ;D
shaun Wrote:
mainerliser Wrote:Wow, I never pegged you for an astrology geek! So, do you know if it will be visible in Maine?

She isn't, she just likes pretty things. ;D

Oohhhh, sparkley!!
mainerliser Wrote:
shaun Wrote:She isn't, she just likes pretty things. ;D

Oohhhh, sparkley!!

yes, exactly.... especially when I'm around jewelry stores.... its an add that I can't rid myself of
Peachs Wrote:
mainerliser Wrote:Oohhhh, sparkley!!

yes, exactly.... especially when I'm around jewelry stores.... its an add that I can't rid myself of
\

That's devil talk woman ! WITCH WITCH Burn her ! Or build a bridge out of her.

Ok, so where do I go to see it in my area ? Is there a website with details ? I'm too lazy to look for myself.
Wowie Groovie !
I'd watch it if I didn't have to get up for work the next morning. I got to see a meteor shower once when I was a teenager. We set up chairs in the backyard; we lived on a pretty large piece of open property so we had a great view.

They are pretty cool to watch, I'd recommend it if you get the chance.
Titan ! Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:yes, exactly.... especially when I'm around jewelry stores.... its an add that I can't rid myself of
\

That's devil talk woman ! WITCH WITCH Burn her ! Or build a bridge out of her.

Ok, so where do I go to see it in my area ? Is there a website with details ? I'm too lazy to look for myself.

I command you to check out the links posted in the first entry and look for yourself you fool
heyyyy.... where'd those come from ? Must be more of your devil magic.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:heyyyy.... where'd those come from ? Must be more of your devil magic.

they've been there all along... pshhhhh
Peachs Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:heyyyy.... where'd those come from ? Must be more of your devil magic.

they've been there all along... pshhhhh

DEVIL WOMAN !

I'm wondering what I'm going to have to do to get photos of this, could be fun.
Wowie Groovie !