Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things You Hate / Annoyances
I was listening to today's podcast and I loved this topic of discussion. So what things does everyone hate? Here are a few off the top of my head:

- People in stores who are completely unaware of their surroundings. I can't stand it when people put their carts in the middle of a small aisle and then get totally absorbed in a magazine, reading a box, whatever that they have no idea other people might want to look at things as well. Put your cart to the side at all times.

- Phone conversations that end with the line, "I'm going to let you go now." No, you're not. Just say what you mean. That line is so fake. Just said that you're either bored talking to the person or you have something else to do. Be honest.

- People who don't understand the word ironic. Nine times out of ten it seems like people say ironic when describing something that is just a coincidence.

- Those damned shoes kids have nowadays with wheels in them. Really? Are your raising such lazy, fat little pigs that walking is too hard now? They need wheels in their damned shoes? I don't know what's more tempting: punching out the parents for buying the shoes in the first place or pushing the kid into a wall.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Cell phone use, especially Nextel use in public areas piss me off
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
In line with your shopping cart topic. I hate people that will not put the shopping cart back in the cart return. I was at the store today and someone left a cart in the middle of a parking spot. Where was the return? On the other side of the parking spot.

I get irritated with people that don't understand implication and inference. ie, "Are you inferring that I am an idiot?" Answer, "No, I am implying you are an idiot, you make the inference."

Also, toilet paper goes over the top and not behind the roll.
brytn Wrote:Also, toilet paper goes over the top and not behind the roll.
+1
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I was listening to today's podcast and I loved this topic of discussion. So what things does everyone hate? Here are a few off the top of my head:

- Those damned shoes kids have nowadays with wheels in them. Really? Are your raising such lazy, fat little pigs that walking is too hard now? They need wheels in their damned shoes? I don't know what's more tempting: punching out the parents for buying the shoes in the first place or pushing the kid into a wall.

I'd rather see a bunch of kids in heelies, as opposed to sitting on a couch playing Xbox Heelies, aren't so bad at least they're being active.
Wowie Groovie !
[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/8-NAToY_emo&hl=en[/flash]
That's what she said.
people who don't understand the "10 items or less" rule at stores.

i was at Meijer's one time and they have those self-checkout lanes where you scan your own stuff. well, this lady has a cart full of groceries and is scanning away. so i tell her "lady, you got too much stuff." and she dismisses me. she finishes up and it won't take her money and starts complaining until a greeter tells her she has too much stuff and all of her stuff has to be re-scanned in a regular lane.
Allyson . . . ohhhh.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Ok, in case you missed my big radio show debut this morning live, I hate hearing a dog/cat eat/drink. It is kinda along the same lines as the smacking of food or slurping of drinks (I don't allow my kids to do that either). I used to have a dog that would take one piece (yes one effin piece) of food at a time and drop it on the floor and then eat it and crunch, crunch, crunch . . . then lap, lap, lap . . . . it drives me over the edge!! We pulled up to the house yesterday and when I got out of the car, the dog jumped away from her bowl of water.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I hate the dicks that drive super effing slow... like going 15 in a 25, just because they saw a cop or are too gee dee stupid to put their cell phone down and drive their effing car! Also, a-holes who ride the ass of a semi thinking it'll go faster if you get real real close... hey dumbass, even if he could see you, do you really think he gives a flying eff?

[Image: middle-finger.jpg]
+ 100 Allyson ! ! !
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:+ 100 Allyson ! ! !

:-X
Way to warp your dog Queenie! ;D But, I am kind of with you. When I hear a commercial on radio about fried chicken, potato chips, anything crunchy and they accentuate the sound of the crunch, it sends chills up my spine. No clue why but, I hate that sound.
xxxredeye Wrote:I hate the dicks that drive super effing slow... like going 15 in a 25, just because they saw a cop or are too gee dee stupid to put their cell phone down and drive their effing car! Also, a-holes who ride the ass of a semi thinking it'll go faster if you get real real close... hey dumbass, even if he could see you, do you really think he gives a flying eff?

I'm going to extend that to all drivers ever.
That's what she said.
brytn Wrote:Way to warp your dog Queenie! ;D But, I am kind of with you. When I hear a commercial on radio about fried chicken, potato chips, anything crunchy and they accentuate the sound of the crunch, it sends chills up my spine. No clue why but, I hate that sound.

those Vlasic pickle commercials must be hell for you.
xxxredeye Wrote:I hate the dicks that drive super effing slow... like going 15 in a 25, just because they saw a cop or are too gee dee stupid to put their cell phone down and drive their effing car!

Sort of opposite of that, are people who drive way too fast in certain places. Like the neighborhood I grew up in. Little kids ALL OVER the place, running around, darting out from behind stuff into the street, kicking/hitting balls into the road, etc.

When I drive through there, I'm right at the posted 25 mph speed limit- I'll be damned if I nail a kid with my car. Then some dolt will fly past at probably 45. I would always feel awful for thinking it, but there were times I almost hoped somebody would hit a kid, just to raise some awareness about how stupidly people would drive through that place.
Jo Wrote:
brytn Wrote:Way to warp your dog Queenie! ;D But, I am kind of with you. When I hear a commercial on radio about fried chicken, potato chips, anything crunchy and they accentuate the sound of the crunch, it sends chills up my spine. No clue why but, I hate that sound.

Yep! Hate 'em.
dino Wrote:
+1

That. gee deeit. I wanted this to be a freebeer and hotwings talk board. Not Mods and friends +1 wanking eachother.

Someone make a board they will post/blog on already.
dino Wrote:
+1

I've encountered this annoyance before but why does it matter and why should anyone care?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:
dino Wrote:+1

I've encountered this annoyance before but why does it matter and why should anyone care?

Doesn't matter in the long run. But, this was not the board for what should people be shot on sight for doing. It is things you hate/annoyances. And this is an annoyance for me...and apparently dino. Start another thread for the the stuff that matters and people care about.
Bang! Wrote:

That. gee deeit. I wanted this to be a freebeer and hotwings talk board. Not Mods and friends +1 wanking eachother.

???
Bang! Wrote:

I hand out my first +1 in a number of weeks, barely know brytn from adam and all of a sudden we're "wanking each other?"

Awesome Analysis!!!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Mad Dog Wrote:

You said it.....it is an annoyance......Maybe I posted it in the wrong thread......Hmmmmm....gonna have to go check that one......be back in a bit!
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:
Bang! Wrote:That. gee deeit. I wanted this to be a freebeer and hotwings talk board. Not Mods and friends +1 wanking eachother.

I hand out my first +1 in a number of weeks, barely know brytn from adam and all of a sudden we're "wanking each other?"

Awesome Analysis!!!

Obviously easy for you and me to be wanking each other since...I dunno...you live in Michigan and I live in Tennessee. +1 just for the hell of it!
dino Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:I've encountered this annoyance before but why does it matter and why should anyone care?
You said it.....it is an annoyance......Maybe I posted it in the wrong thread......Hmmmmm....gonna have to go check that one......be back in a bit!
Yep....this is the thread on annoyances!
Go figure!
Quote of the Day:
Jo Wrote:people who don't understand the "10 items or less" rule at stores.

i was at Meijer's one time and they have those self-checkout lanes where you scan your own stuff. well, this lady has a cart full of groceries and is scanning away. so i tell her "lady, you got too much stuff." and she dismisses me. she finishes up and it won't take her money and starts complaining until a greeter tells her she has too much stuff and all of her stuff has to be re-scanned in a regular lane.

I'm with you on that one. I don't have a problem if someone's got maybe 11 or 12 items in a 10 items or less lane but anything over that it really pushing it.

Also, I can't stand it in general if you're at a U-Scan and not using either cash or you're really quick with a card. Most people that use a card or a check of all things at a U-Scan just waste time. They seem to get confused and end up taking longer there than if they had just used a normal lane.

U-Scan implies speed so if you plan to dick around in anyway whatsoever don't use it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
dino Wrote:
Bang! Wrote:That. gee deeit. I wanted this to be a freebeer and hotwings talk board. Not Mods and friends +1 wanking eachother.

Awesome Analysis!!!

Just ignore the dude. I'm a moderator on another forum and it's always the same thing. Insecure losers get their panties in a bunch when they don't feel like they're part of the so-called "in" crowd.

It's a friggin' messageboard. People need to get over it and move on.

(And for anyone who is unsure I don't know the mods here and have no idea who anyone is. I'm just making a general statement that seems to be true on the internet in my experience.)

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:
dino Wrote:I hand out my first +1 in a number of weeks, barely know brytn from adam and all of a sudden we're "wanking each other?"

Awesome Analysis!!!

Just ignore the dude. I'm a moderator on another forum and it's always the same thing. Insecure losers get their panties in a bunch when they don't feel like they're part of the so-called "in" crowd.

(And for anyone who is unsure I don't know the mods here and have no idea who anyone is. I'm just making a general statement that seems to be true on the internet in my experience.)

What is it with this board and the phrase "panties in a bunch"? It's quite popular.
I've got a couple of linguistic pet peeves...

It's far too common for people to double up the word "is" and say things like, "The thing is is that..." or "The problem is is that..." The second "is" makes absolutely no sense, and so many people have no idea that this phenomenon even exists.

Secondly, just like someone above talked about the overuse of the term "ironic," the same is true for "literally." John was so distressed after his girlfriend dumped him, his heart was literally torn in half. If that were true, he'd literally be dead! You can't use the word "literally" simply to emphasize a point, yet sadly so many do.

Can you tell I was an English major?
I hate a lot of things but here is a few. I hate the sound of silverware on teeth,it actually makes me physically ill. I hate kids running out in the road, as if they will just sue you if they get hit anyway. Seems that is the mentality of kids now and days. I also hate lazy worthless parents who sit there and let their children get diaper rash or have completely full diapers while they shop or watch t.v., or do other lazy activities.
One word: Velcro

Every time someone tears apart Velcro, a puppy dies, and I cringe.
Cat farts....my cat just farted on my husband...it's reeking.
Bad eating habits piss me off the most. people who chew with their mouth open, or slurp when they eat cereal or soup. Also, when people are in the middle of a sentence and they shove food in their mouth. It pisses me off the most the people take a handfull of patato chips and shove them all in their mouth.
I hate when your at work at a call center and a person calls in and while filing a cellphone claim they start having sex while on the phone with you.
Jo Wrote:

OMG Becky . . the worst kind of hell!!
patfromportland Wrote:Bad eating habits piss me off the most. people who chew with their mouth open, or slurp when they eat cereal or soup. Also, when people are in the middle of a sentence and they shove food in their mouth. It pisses me off the most the people take a handfull of patato chips and shove them all in their mouth.

Finally, something we have in common!! :Smile
speedbump Wrote:
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Just ignore the dude. I'm a moderator on another forum and it's always the same thing. Insecure losers get their panties in a bunch when they don't feel like they're part of the so-called "in" crowd.

What is it with this board and the phrase "panties in a bunch"? It's quite popular.

'Cuz it seems to happen quite often. Not sure if it's because there's a large number who are messageboard rookies, or because there are some dang oversensitive folks around these parts.
lokizilla Wrote:Cat farts....my cat just farted on my husband...it's reeking.

My boxer used to let some horrible ones. Her nose is so small she can't breath when she eats, so she doesn't chew her food very well.
People who are socially inept, or are completely unaware of their surroundings. I was walking to my gate yesterday in Atlanta's airport (which kinda happens to be North America's busiest) and suddenly the woman in front of me decided to completely stop in her tracks because apparently some random thought had occurred to her. So, me and the 17,000 people immediately behind me had to take evasive action, lest this senseless idiot be trampled.
Fistor Wrote:People who are socially inept, or are completely unaware of their surroundings. I was walking to my gate yesterday in Atlanta's airport (which kinda happens to be North America's busiest) and suddenly the woman in front of me decided to completely stop in her tracks because apparently some random thought had occurred to her. So, me and the 17,000 people immediately behind me had to take evasive action, lest this senseless idiot be trampled.

I hate traveling through Atlanta. You arrive at the end of one terminal and leave at the end of another one.