Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Michigan Golf Courses
What are the best places to play? How about good golf cheap?

My favorite is Pilgrums Run for $$$ golf, but for cheap golf nothing beats Indian Trails.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Ghetto golf!

I liked what I saw from Scott Lake, I'd be interested in returning there again.
What time?
I lived down the road from Indian Trails and hit that up in a pinch quite a few times! Subbed in a league at Scott Lake and it was okay but a bit out of the way for me now.

Egypt Valley is the only real nice course I've played in West Michigan. Pretty awesome course! I have a friend that works at Quail ridge so I'm lucky enough to have that as my "Cheap" course.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I haven't played QR. Is it worth the $$$?
On their site (here) it says $30 for 9 w/ cart weekdays and $34 for 9 w/ cart on the weekends, I think it's a decent deal. Their fairways are in very good shape and the greens are nice as well.

Some pretty good looking girls on the bar staff so that always helps.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
you guys any good? i play once in a blue moon....last time was about a year ago over at Rolling Meadows in Holland. i think it was $15 for 9 holes.
Not really.....low 50's to high 40's for 9. I like to drink beer and golf. It's like Peanut butter and Jelly.....they just go together soooooo well! ;D
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:Not really.....low 50's to high 40's for 9. I like to drink beer and golf. It's like Peanut butter and Jelly.....they just go together soooooo well! ;D

i like your thinking. BTW, i got a 75 that day. doing the Happy Gilmore type drive was a bad choice.
Jo Wrote:i like your thinking. BTW, i got a 75 that day. doing the Happy Gilmore type drive was a bad choice.

I golfed a 75 once....it was for 12 holes though Undecided I drank too much and just laughed and drove my cart off road style for the next 6 ;D
Quote of the Day:
I shoot in the low to mid 40's. More I play the better I get. The more I drink, the better I think I am.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:The more I drink, the better I think I am.

I apply this on a grander scale.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:What time?

Probably will have to be the weekend after your trip to Ocktoberfest.

I usually shoot mid 40's to low 50's per nine holes, since everybody else seems to be sharing.
western greens is a decent place to play for less $, the highlands (on leonard on the west side of GR) is a great course that's now open to the public.
My league plays at Alpine on Alpine. It gets pretty torn up by league play, but it is cheap. The Pines are ok. Used to go there since they didn't have a liquor permit, so it was BYOB. Scott's Lake is ok.
I just played The Pines a few weeks back with Biff, it appeared to me that they were selling beer.
Diamond Springs in Hopkins is a great course. $40/18 with cart on weekends. And aside from a couple ravines, its not too tough either
I did a league at Diamond Springs, loved it. The back nine is killer.
potthole Wrote:I just played The Pines a few weeks back with Biff, it appeared to me that they were selling beer.
Yep, they were selling beer when I was there last month.
Quote of the Day:
Diamond Springs is a nice course. I play Hidden Valley in Shelbyville quite a bit and if you are a die-hard golfer, Orchard Hills has been running some unlimited golf with cart specials, but I don't remember the price. It was around $30/person though if memory serves...which is pretty tough these days.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"