Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message board is getting sucky.
I definetly think the board is a "thing of the past" its hardley ever mentioned on the show, and you never see that many people viewing anymore.
People need to try to only post when they actually have something to say, rather than inanely babbling.
Fistor Wrote:People need to try to only post when they actually have something to say, rather than inanely babbling.

I couldnt agree more!
Then how would we get our post count up to 1,711 so that we can brag about it on craigslist?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I personally think the board needs more gay polls
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:I personally think the board needs more gay polls

weinerpoopie desires gay poles. This is not a revelation.
Fistor Wrote:People need to try to only post when they actually have something to say, rather than inanely babbling.

you don't like hearing about Poopie's domesticated raccoon that could pickpocket people like a monkey, only it would be better than a monkey because he wouldn
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Fistor Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:I personally think the board needs more gay polls

weinerpoopie desires gay poles. This is not a revelation.
Queenie Wrote:

you don't like hearing about Poopie's domesticated raccoon that could pickpocket people like a monkey, only it would be better than a monkey because he wouldn
Queenie Wrote:

If Hotwind thinks the board is boring, maybe he/they could do something to liven it up. After all, it's HIS/THEIR job to entertain US...

...and more gay poles w/ monkey fetch( fo' re' do comedy..)
Is this poll talking about the entire board as a whole, or just the FBHW forum?

If the latter, there's really only so much FBHW ass kissing you can do before it becomes stale. Maybe the Can't Wait To Talk About and FBHW forums should merge? We can kiss their collective asses pretty much from anywhere on the board, afterall.
i think it's the fact that we got almost 2,000 registered users but only about....30 or so actually post stuff. i only post to try to liven things up a bit.
[quote="wienerpoopie"]
[quote="Queenie"]

Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
[quote="Fistor"]
[quote="Queenie"]

See what happens when you get rid of the sex thread... Wink
Queenie Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I thought that was pretty creative, actually.

I guess inane babbling is pretty much what we all do here, just some people are better at it than others.

Basically I don't really know what the eff I'm talking about.

Yeah it's a crap shoot everyday on here. One day people are lax and have a sense of humor and the next they don't. *sigh*

Yeah, a big problem is that what you write may not be taken the same way you meant them. Sounded good in your brain when you were writing but, when someone else sees it, it can be taken all kinds of different ways.
Yes, in a way the board has slowed down, but that's to be expected. When something like this is new, there's almost always going to be a huge rush of activity. After it's "new" stage, the flurry will slow down, as is happening here. The regulars will keep posting most often, they usually make up a pretty small group of people. Then you'll have a pretty large group of people that read frequently, but don't post a whole bunch. Then you'll have the largest group, those that lurk and read, but don't post.

That doesn't mean the board isn't enjoyable or becoming sucky, it just means it's falling into it's normal routine. To call the board a thing of the past is just asinine.
Active Users In The Past 24 Hours: 6 Staff Members, 98 Members, 372 Guests

Just under 500 people visited the boards in the past 24 hours, not too bad if you ask me.
I'd have to agree with potthole.

I'd have to add that while they have not mentioned the board on the show they have participated a bit more and definitely still check out the site as freebeer and hotwings log on nearly everyday. I've seen a few other radio show message boards and they never had near the amount of users that there are here.

Keep up the quality posts and bring new users on board and it should be fine I think.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
elranito Wrote:Active Users In The Past 24 Hours: 6 Staff Members, 98 Members, 372 Guests

Just under 500 people visited the boards in the past 24 hours, not too bad if you ask me.

That last number, 372- right there shows that lurkers will always make up the largest part of this, and most any, messageboard.
It has definitely died down since the novelty of the first month or so that it was mentioned on the show. :'(
That's what she said.
You have to take into account that it's summer and a huge demographic isn't in school. Once school resumes the traffic should really increase.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:You have to take into account that it's summer and a huge demographic isn't in school. Once school resumes the traffic should really increase.

whaaa? how do you mean? shouldn't it be just the opposite? i know when my classes start up i'm not going to spend any time on here...
I wasn't paying attention, what were you talking about ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I wasn't paying attention, what were you talking about ?

Inane babbling!! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!! :-*
Jo Wrote:
Admin Wrote:You have to take into account that it's summer and a huge demographic isn't in school. Once school resumes the traffic should really increase.

whaaa? how do you mean? shouldn't it be just the opposite? i know when my classes start up i'm not going to spend any time on here...

What's what I'd tell myself at the start of every school year, in regards to the other forums I frequent. It would last for like a week. Then I'd start posting just as much, if not more, than I did during the summer.
there's a bell curve. people will get bored, leave for a while, come back to some fresh ideas, and it will be fun again.
Also, keep in mind we don't actually have the job of providing material for FBHW. If they read something we said on the air, fine and good, but that's just a bonus. I think the point of this whole place is to gather people togther from across the INTER-WEBS who have a common interest. From there we created a community of all sorts of different personalities. I think it's kind of interesting to see how the board as a whole has formed and changed as it continues to establish itself.

I've been on a lot of different messageboards before, and I think this one has a real good core of posters. I think this board has a great foundation.
sluttynurse Wrote:See what happens when you get rid of the sex thread... Wink

Do you mean the thread where you purposely tried to isolate yourself and whoever would be drawn in by your wiles? The thread where you tried, in vein, to turn those who would listen against the rest of the board? The thread that spawned inane sex talk into nearly 75% of the other threads that existed at the time? That thread? Wink
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Jo Wrote:

Right now students don't need a distraction because it's summer and the weather has been good. When the pressures of school begin they will seek out a release.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
sluttynurse Wrote:See what happens when you get rid of the sex thread... Wink

Do you mean the thread where you purposely tried to isolate yourself and whoever would be drawn in by your wiles? The thread where you tried, in vein, to turn those who would listen against the rest of the board? The thread that spawned inane sex talk into nearly 75% of the other threads that existed at the time? That thread? Wink

Yes, that is precisely what I meant. :-*

And, although I don't want to rehash a very old, stale subject, but I've never tried to turn anyone against the rest of the board. My only purpose here was to have fun. ;D
Shhhhh. You're not supposed to talk about sex here.

Talk about puppies, kittens and rainbows.

Or better yet, talk about a rainbow made out of puppies and kittens
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Shhhhh. You're not supposed to talk about sex here.

what about turtles...i like turtles!
Brian Wrote:

what about turtles...i like turtles!

As long as you don't talk about turtle sex. And I too, like turtles.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Brian Wrote:what about turtles...i like turtles!

As long as you don't talk about turtle sex. And I too, like turtles.

A perfect example of why anyone would think it was getting sucky.

At least you finally get it.

.....or not
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
it is my last day of work, and therefore I must retire from the message board. I bid you adieu
Huh. That was rather unexpected.
potthole Wrote:Huh. That was rather unexpected.

Unexpected, and... Unmourned.
Wowie Groovie !