Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions Superbowl??
Wow, now that the Lions are 2-0 in the preseason....Looks like were going all the way!! Woo Hooo!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:Wow, now that the Lions are 2-0 in the preseason....Looks like were going all the way!! Woo Hooo!!
All the way to the bottom of the NFC Central :Smile
Hey Spaggetio, You've got bob and tom's Fake Laugh too!! What an honor.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I won't say I'm taking a big bite of cornbread just yet, but those bastards have miraculously managed to get me excited about them all over again. The first unit can do no wrong in the preseason so far, offensively and defensively. Well, almost. The running game needs to come around a lot more, but there was marked improvement from preseason week one and ps week two. That may've had everything to do with Kevin Smith starting, who is by far the better back over Tatum Bell, but I also thought I saw holes forming that weren't there in the first week. And all they need is a mere threat of a running game to loosen up the defense, because if either Roy or Calvin get one on one coverage, forget about it.

The defense is looking rather ferocious, too. I truly felt as if Cincinnati was pretty much waiving the white flag at the end of the game, and our guys were still popping pads. This is the first time I've actually seen the team personify coach Marinelli's football philosophy. I see a bunch of guys who are playing with almost desperate passion out there. Controlled violence, I believe are the coach's words. I understand it's only the preseason, but I'm trying to allow myself to hope that they can play like this in November and December. They won't be undefeated, of course, but I just want to see them fight for 4 solid quarters and never quit.

That said, to protect my poor heart from being crushed by the Lions yet again, I'll predict a 5-11 season.
My motto for this season (as it is with nearly every season) is "Hope for the best, expect the worst."
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Fistor Wrote:That said, to protect my poor heart from being crushed by the Lions yet again, I'll predict a 5-11 season.

good thinking
Mad Dog Wrote:Hey Spaggetio, You've got bob and tom's Fake Laugh too!! What an honor.
Mad dog, At first I didn't know what the hell you were talking about. "Bob and Tom? What the Eff is going through your brain, you wanker." Then I noticed my status and post count, so I apologize for thinking that you were a wanker for 10 seconds!
wingospagettio Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Hey Spaggetio, You've got bob and tom's Fake Laugh too!! What an honor.
Mad dog, At first I didn't know what the hell you were talking about. "Bob and Tom? What the Eff is going through your brain, you wanker." Then I noticed my status and post count, so I apologize for thinking that you were a wanker for 10 seconds!

It's ok, sometimes I am a wanker. Actually when I made that post we both had EXACTLY 106 posts. FYI
Fistor Wrote:I won't say I'm taking a big bite of cornbread just yet, but those bastards have miraculously managed to get me excited about them all over again. The first unit can do no wrong in the preseason so far, offensively and defensively. Well, almost. The running game needs to come around a lot more, but there was marked improvement from preseason week one and ps week two. That may've had everything to do with Kevin Smith starting, who is by far the better back over Tatum Bell, but I also thought I saw holes forming that weren't there in the first week. And all they need is a mere threat of a running game to loosen up the defense, because if either Roy or Calvin get one on one coverage, forget about it.

The defense is looking rather ferocious, too. I truly felt as if Cincinnati was pretty much waiving the white flag at the end of the game, and our guys were still popping pads. This is the first time I've actually seen the team personify coach Marinelli's football philosophy. I see a bunch of guys who are playing with almost desperate passion out there. Controlled violence, I believe are the coach's words. I understand it's only the preseason, but I'm trying to allow myself to hope that they can play like this in November and December. They won't be undefeated, of course, but I just want to see them fight for 4 solid quarters and never quit.

That said, to protect my poor heart from being crushed by the Lions yet again, I'll predict a 5-11 season.

Yes, we've beat this horse before. You are a wise one Fistor. But hey, at least they won!!
Uh-oh don't look now but the Lions are 3-0 for the preseason. Did anyone see that sweet run by Kevin Smith? I smell playoffs!!
Yeah, it's the start of a dynasty. :Smile
I'm start'in to sniff the kool-aid.
IF the lions somehow pull it off and win the division, there is no way they will win a game in the playoffs. No one from the Black & Blue division will, it's just too weak. 9-7 will probably win it (Vikings) and somewhere around 4-12 will be last (Bears)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
wingospagettio Wrote:All the way to the bottom of the NFC Central :Smile

I finally decided to read this thread. Timely, huh? Just like you. The NFC Central has been the NFC North since 2002.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
My prediction:

Lions-10-6
Minisota-8-8
Green Bay-7-9
Chicago-5-11

Write it down kids I only speak the truth
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:My prediction:

Minisota-8-8

Is this supposed to be Minnesota?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:

Minisota-8-8

Is this supposed to be Minnesota?

No, its someone else :Smile
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
How is your ear?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Is this supposed to be Minnesota?

No, its someone else :Smile

I like "mini-sota"

Lions-10-6
Minisota-8-8
Green Bay-7-9
Chicago-5-11

Write it down kids I only speak the truth

Not a chance! Lions haven't won more than 9 games since I started paying attention to them.