Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasty Football Thread
Not sure if I'm the only one here who plays fantasy football but I'm doing my draft right now and will post it later.

Anybody finish theirs yet? Post it.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Will be doing mine Sunday. We get 2 keepers from last season. Mine will be Addai and Tomlinson.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
The boyfriend did his Sunday. Don't know his whole roster but TO, McNabb, and Westbrook are among the greats.
That's what she said.
If McNabb is among the highlites, he's in trouble! He burnt me bad last year, except for 1 week. (the week he played my Lions!)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Remaining backups are yet to be drawn but the main players are in place.

QB - Ben Rothlisberger
QB - Jay cutler
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Rudi Johnson
RB - LenDale White
RB - Kevin Smith
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Bobby Engram
TE - Kellen Winslow
K - Adam Vinitieri
DEF - Seattle
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:Remaining backups are yet to be drawn but the main players are in place.

QB - Ben Rothlisberger
QB - Jay cutler
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Rudi Johnson
RB - LenDale White
RB - Kevin Smith
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Bobby Engram
TE - Kellen Winslow
K - Adam Vinitieri
DEF - Seattle

Very very nice WR's, strong RB's with injury concerns, and a very good consistent QB. Sounds like a real nice team to me. Plus Kellen Winslow, another real strong injury prone guy. With a little luck you should be fine.
Here's mine from my local league.

QB Derek Anderson
QB John Kitna
QB Brady Quinn
RB Steven Jackson
RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Fred Taylor
RB Chester Taylor
WR Terrell Owens
WR Lee Evans
WR Ted Ginn Jr
TE Kellen Winslow
K Adam Vinatieri
D/ST Colts
D/ST Eagles

That's including my backups.
I had both Steven Jackson and Brandon Jacobs last year....I was PISSED when they were both injured. Really messed up my whole season.
Quote of the Day:
This is my roster in my friends league, his roster rules are really effed up.

QB:Ben Roethlisbuger
QBBig Grinrew Brees
RB:Joseph Addai
RB:Ryan Grant
RB/WR:Jericho Crotchery
WR:Santonio Holmes
WR:Hines Ward
WR/TEBig Grinwayne Bowe
TE Jeremy Shockey
OP:Chris Chambers
D/ST: Vikings
KTonguehil Dawson

Bench:Shaun Alexander, Antwaan Randell El, Kenny Watson, Jeff Reed, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Stokley, Jonathan Stewart.

I think I ended up with a pretty good team cosidering all the roster spots to fill in a 10 team league.
dino Wrote:Remaining backups are yet to be drawn but the main players are in place.

QB - Ben Rothlisberger
QB - Jay cutler
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Rudi Johnson
RB - LenDale White
RB - Kevin Smith
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Bobby Engram
TE - Kellen Winslow
K - Adam Vinitieri
DEF - Seattle

Chris Perry has been named the starter for the Bengals (for now). Might want to grab him ASAP if he's still available. If he stays healthy, he could be gold considering that O-line and that passing attack.

I play on a 12 team redraft league every year. I always make the playoffs but never win the championship due to some other team getting hot and outscoring me. This year, though, we're doing things different - the top 8 teams at the end of the year will combine their scores for weeks 14, 15, and 16 and the top point-getter wins the league. Should be pretty cool. It eliminates the frustration of putting up your best point total of the season and still getting knocked out of the playoffs by a team catching lightning in a bottle.
Fistor Wrote:Chris Perry has been named the starter for the Bengals (for now). Might want to grab him ASAP if he's still available. If he stays healthy, he could be gold considering that O-line and that passing attack.
That Sucks!!! Not a fun start to the year already. >Sad
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Chris Perry has been named the starter for the Bengals (for now). Might want to grab him ASAP if he's still available. If he stays healthy, he could be gold considering that O-line and that passing attack.
That Sucks!!! Not a fun start to the year already. >Sad

Well, you really should've consulted me prior to the draft.
Im in a 10 team league and my team breaks down like this

QB: Jake Delhomme
RB: Marion Barber
RB: Michael Turner
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Santonio Holmes
W/R: Willie Parker
TE: Kevin Boss
K: Kris Brown
DEF: Jacksonville
Bench: Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson, Chester Taylor, Joey Galloway, Amani Toomer, Ted Ginn
QB: Palmer
RB: Tomlinson
RB: Addai
WR: Andre' Johnson
WR: Marvin Harrison
TE: Tony Gonzales
K: Nick Folk
DEF: Indy
Bench: Hasselbeck, Graham, Brandon Marshall, Bubba Franks

We also have a bunch of defensive players, that I can't remember right now. I just know most of them were in the top 10-20 in tackles last year.
Rock Monster Wrote:QB: Palmer

We also have a bunch of defensive players, that I can't remember right now. I just know most of them were in the top 10-20 in tackles last year.
I picked up Bubba Franks in one draft as a back up. Even though he's old I'm hoping him and Favre will try to relive the glorious green bay days.
Quote of the Day:
Yeah, I got him in the 20th out of 20 rounds. Maybe trade bait if they do what they did in GB.

Seriously, is this a 4 team league? How could anyone land LT, Addai, and Andre Johnson? Is it a keeper league or something?
8 team league, Tomlinson and Addai were keepers. I think only 1 other person kept 2 people (P. Manning and Westbrook)
STARTERS:
Delhomme, Jake - QB
Jones-Drew, Maurice - RB
Portis, Clinton - RB
Houshmandzadeh, T.J. - WR
Jennings, Greg - WR
White, Roddy - WR
Crumpler, Alge - TE
Vinatieri, Adam - K
Panthers - DST

RESERVES:
Garcia, Jeff - QB
Williams, DeAngelo - RB
Wilford, Ernest - WR
Miller, Zach - TE
Packers - DST

I've got high hopes and I may have to get another QB but I'm hoping Delhomme won't f'n choke or break his head or anything.

-=The Prynce
You might consider sitting Delhomme week one, since Steve Smith is suspended. I think Garcia is a very good backup. He's undervalued every year and puts up consistently decent points.

Pretty high risk/high reward team, though. I like it. Great receivers.
QB Tom Brady
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Laurence Maroney
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Calvin Johnson
TE Jeremy Shockey
PK Nate Kaeding
Def Pitt. Steelers

BN Brett Favre QB
BN Kevin Smith RB
BN Brandon Marshall WR
BN Bryant Johnson WR
BN Reggie Brown WR
BN Devin Hester WR
BN Tony Scheffler TE
BN Shaun Suisham PK
BN Tamp Bucs Def

I'm feeling pretty good about my place in the 10 team draft. Especially now that we changed one of the wide receiver positions to a flex position. I also picked a quarterback first and still ended up with 4 starting running backs, unless Rudi takes the job from Smith anyway.
Fistor Wrote:You might consider sitting Delhomme week one, since Steve Smith is suspended. I think Garcia is a very good backup. He's undervalued every year and puts up consistently decent points.

Pretty high risk/high reward team, though. I like it. Great receivers.

Thanks for the advice and compliments. Smith is actually out for two weeks though, right? I'm still not sure I'll rest him, though. Muhammad's back in Carolina and though in CHI he wasn't too impressive, I'm hoping he and Delhomme can connect and get me some points.

I've never followed Garcia's stats but I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him play so I was stoked to land him.

-=The Prynce
Not sure who is the Limp Bagels in our league, but damn you laid a beat down on me this week. Nice team. If Michael Turner keeps that up you should be unstoppable.
That's me. Turner didn't do anything this week but everyone else on my team did. It didn't hurt that patfromportland started 4 players that were on bye.
Alright, I'm jumping in because I need opinions. I was offered DeSean Jackson for Earnest Graham. Thoughts?

My team:
Drew Brees
Hines Ward
Muhsin Muhammad
Matt Jones
LT
Steve Slaton
Chris Cooley
Earnest Graham
Isaac Bruce
Chris Perry
Marques Colston
Steve Breaston

Plus kicker and D, but those don't really matter for my question.
burnking Wrote:Alright, I'm jumping in because I need opinions. I was offered DeSean Jackson for Earnest Graham. Thoughts?

My team:
Drew Brees
Hines Ward
Muhsin Muhammad
Matt Jones
LT
Steve Slaton
Chris Cooley
Earnest Graham
Isaac Bruce
Chris Perry
Marques Colston
Steve Breaston

Plus kicker and D, but those don't really matter for my question.

I'm not high on either guy, but generally speaking you can usually get a much better WR for a mid-RB. I might want to shop Graham around a bit to see if you can get more for him.

I never posted my draft results. How's this for a 12 team redraft PPR league? No keepers at all from last year, and we start 2 RBs, 4 WRs, and 1 flex (no TE required):

1. Marion Barber
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Brandon Marshall
5. Marvin Harrison
6. Roddy White
7. Ronnie Brown
8. Chris Perry
9. Brett Favre
10. Julius Jones
11. Jake Delhomme
12. Jerious Norwood
13. Marc Bulger
14. Tim Hightower
15. Maurice Morris
16. Phil Dawson
17. Redskins
18. Lions (I was pretty drunk at this point)

If you didn't catch it before, I have the option of starting 2 RBs and 5 WRs every week. That's why I went RB/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR, then just happened upon Ronnie Brown, Brett Favre, and Julius Jones after that. Before the NFL season started up, I felt pretty confident my receivers would do well, and I'd just have to see if something shook out with my RBs.

Little did I know that I'd set a scoring record in week 2, then break it in week 3. I've scored 600 points over the last 3 weeks. I can't believe how well this draft panned out. With the exception of my 2 defenses and Jerrious Norwood (picked up Kevin Walter for him), my entire team is completely intact.

I'm the top scorer in my league with 729 points. Second place is at 622.

[/brag]
I was thinking the same thing, I could def get a more high profile WR. Thanks for confirming.

Nice draft results, btw!

My team is terrible!! In last place, about 100 pts behind 7th place. Traded Hasselbeck and Graham for DeShaun Jackson and Aaron Rodgers, Dropped Franks, Tried Matt Cassel, dropped him. Dropped Indy for Ten after the week 2 games...
You have a good squad, you shouldn't be losing. Well, other than Palmer. Andre Johnson will start posting numbers. Just tell me you've since benched Harrison.
burnking Wrote:You have a good squad, you shouldn't be losing. Well, other than Palmer. Andre Johnson will start posting numbers. Just tell me you've since benched Harrison.

Yes.

A little of the problem is my fault too. I usually don't check my team on the weekend, just set it on Thurs or Fri, and let it go. I Played Johnson on his "bye" week, (had Marshall and his 15 catches on the bench) and last week Friday, Palmer was supposed to play. He didn't. Pussy.

I have Jake Delhomme until Rodgers gets healthy.
There you go, Andre Johnson stepped up. Too bad LT crapped the bed and reinjured his toe.
I would just like to point out that I am 5-0 in our league.
Good for you, your gold star is in the mail.
This week is the finals, me v.s. Heywood Jablome who I am 2-0 against in the regular season.
LimpBagel Wrote:This week is the finals, me v.s. Heywood Jablome who I am 2-0 against in the regular season.
We had a Heywood Jablome in my league too.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
My team (Todd LerFondlers) finished 2nd in the regular season. 4 team playoffs start tonight. I'm not too confident.
Sooo...
I have no Idea how I'm doing in my Semi-final game. My internet is down at home, and effin yahoo fantasy is blocked here at work because of "game playing" Damn Bastards. I think I'm doing OK, but I really have no clue who I was playing against. I hate internet filters.

Edit: So I found a way to check the main page of my league. I'm losing 249-298. I have Aaron Rodgers tonight. Here's to the Packers Winning 68-67!!
Just letting everyone know that I won my league... again. I need some new competition I think.
I ended up winning too. Came from behind and won the semi-final, (thanks to Rodgers) and won the final, tahnks to Rodgers, Andre' Johnson, and LT.