Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Local Restaurant
Ok, yeah its boring but, we haven't posted anything on our board in a while. We got to give the Queen something to moderate. I would prefer locally owned restaurants over national chains but, if it is your favorite go any way you wish.

Pizza-Picnic Pizza on Murfreesboro Rd in Antioch.
Steak-Demos (yeah it is a chain but, a local chain)

I'll leave the rest to ya'll.
Do they serve possum there?

/zing
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Do they serve possum there?

/zing

only if you BYOP

/zing

scattered, smothered and covered!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!

/zing

I am sure if George Jones showed up, that they would be happy to serve him.
brytn Wrote:

/zing

I am sure if George Jones showed up, that they would be happy to serve him.

+1 awesome reference.
Loveless Cafe is awesome, but you can't beat Demo's.

It would be a pity not to mention Swett's and Arnold's.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Loveless Cafe is awesome, but you can't beat Demo's.

It would be a pity not to mention Swett's and Arnold's.

Familiar with Swett's and Loveless. Where is Arnold's and what do they have?
Arnold's on 8th before Division (like where Frugal McDougals is). They are a meat and three as well. Just as good and much closer to me than Swett's.
I love Tin Angel on West End
I'll have to try that. My wife says it is good. She said, "they have kind of an upscale menu with, like tuna encrusted with blah, blah, blah,". I told her I appreciated her wonderful review of the restaurant.
Rotiers on Elliston!
Awesome food.
Mark the Valet Wrote:Rotiers on Elliston!
Awesome food.

Absolutely the best place to get a cheeseburger (if you can get in).
What about Fat Mo's?
I know a lot of people love 'em. I think they are way overrated. I work less than a mile from one and they never enter my head when I am trying to figure out where to eat for lunch. Ah well, to each their own.
Rotiers is good....almost as good as Brown's Diner on Blair

As for Fat Mo's.... the only reason to go there is to get there spicy fries....mmmm....

Sushi - Ken's Japanese Rest
Burger - Brown's Diner
Indian - Sitar
Greek - Fattoush cafe on Charlotte
Italian - I'm not the one to ask...I LOVE americanized Italian - like Maccaroni Grill
Mexican - one of two if you include Brentwood. Casa Fiesta in Hickory Hollow or Mazatlan in B'wood.

My response to Demo's is....why do you want Spaghetti with your steak?

Steak - Jimmy Kelley's (unless you want a chain....then Ruth's Chris is better)
Sports Bar Food - Jonathan's (or Sam's in the village, but Sam and Jonathan used to be friends)
Meat'n'three - Swett's (gotta agree) but Sylvan Park on 8th is pretty good too
Thai Food- Golden Thai off of whitebridge rd.
Chinese - Autumn Moon in Green Hills . . .awesome and inexpensive.

no airhorn you can't go . . . you have had you max of chinese in the last few days, besides you bitch too much about burping it up.
Queenie Wrote:Chinese - Autumn Moon in Green Hills . . .awesome and inexpensive.

no airhorn you can't go . . . you have had you max of chinese in the last few days, besides you bitch too much about burping it up.

But I like Chinese (no I don't eat it with chop stick, even though I could). Besides, I burp everything up. Stomach problems you know. I am going to see a doctor about it in Oct though.
Queenie Wrote:Chinese - Autumn Moon in Green Hills . . .awesome and inexpensive.

August* Moon? Mmmmm

I like terribly Americanized Chinese buffets where I can feel good using my chopsticks..... FAV? Can't remember the name. It's in the side of the old Media Play Bldg in Hickory Hollow. I'm pretty sure it used to be a night club!
sunshyne Wrote:Thai Food- Golden Thai off of whitebridge rd.

Yes! I agree! I forgot to mention Thai.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:

August* Moon? Mmmmm

I like terribly Americanized Chinese buffets where I can feel good using my chopsticks..... FAV? Can't remember the name. It's in the side of the old Media Play Bldg in Hickory Hollow. I'm pretty sure it used to be a night club!

China Pan or Rice Bowl?? Both are right near to the Mall.
Queenie Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:August* Moon? Mmmmm

China Pan or Rice Bowl?? Both are right near to the Mall.

no clue, but you'd know if you've been there. The inside still looks like a warehouse style nightclub, and there's like ten bars worth of food. Not all of it is "Chinese", but it's a good place to visit when you don't give a eff how you feel for the next 24 hours! Smile
Since I had to go to Green Hills yesterday to Verizon to get another new media card for my boss' blackberry, I decided to indulge myself at August Moon . . . mmmmmmmmmm it was great!!!
Sounds much better than my $.99 meal from wendy's on 21st. I got to enjoy two double stacks while listening to an old USPS guy from New Jersey (without a doubt from the accent) drop three thousand F-Bombs as loud as he could speak. Not the most pleasant lunch....would've much prefered August Moon.....
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Sounds much better than my $.99 meal from wendy's on 21st. I got to enjoy two double stacks while listening to an old USPS guy from New Jersey (without a doubt from the accent) drop three thousand F-Bombs as loud as he could speak. Not the most pleasant lunch....would've much prefered August Moon.....

That Wendy's is always sooooo crowded, but probably the closest to downtown. You know, they don't have one fast-food restaurant downtown anymore (like BK, McD, etc.). They have Subway, but who wants to eat "healthy" all the time?
Queenie Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Sounds much better than my $.99 meal from wendy's on 21st. I got to enjoy two double stacks while listening to an old USPS guy from New Jersey (without a doubt from the accent) drop three thousand F-Bombs as loud as he could speak. Not the most pleasant lunch....would've much prefered August Moon.....

That Wendy's is always sooooo crowded, but probably the closest to downtown. You know, they don't have one fast-food restaurant downtown anymore (like BK, McD, etc.). They have Subway, but who wants to eat "healthy" all the time?

healthy? Who wants to eat at Sub(standard)way, ever?

I'll pay the extra buck and go to Jersey Mike's
jus' P Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:That Wendy's is always sooooo crowded, but probably the closest to downtown. You know, they don't have one fast-food restaurant downtown anymore (like BK, McD, etc.). They have Subway, but who wants to eat "healthy" all the time?

healthy? Who wants to eat at Sub(standard)way, ever?

I'll pay the extra buck and go to Jersey Mike's

If I have the option, I'll go to Lenny's, but because it's so convenient, I go to Subway ALL the time. I'm not a big fan of Jersey Mike's. It used to be incredible, but the quality (an portions) have dropped like crazy!
Camino Real,

off 96 in Franklin.

awesome drinks Wink
Jasmine off Moore's Lane in Brentwood is without a doubt the best thai food I've ever had. It was the first restaurant I discovered when I moved to Nashville and I've introduced countless people to it. In fact my current boss and his wife now love it and my old boss used them to cater our staff meetings because I insisted that he try it. My hubby and I are going tonight to celebrate our anniversary. Yummy!
itsalltrue Wrote:Jasmine off Moore's Lane in Brentwood is without a doubt the best thai food I've ever had. It was the first restaurant I discovered when I moved to Nashville and I've introduced countless people to it. In fact my current boss and his wife now love it and my old boss used them to cater our staff meetings because I insisted that he try it. My hubby and I are going tonight to celebrate our anniversary. Yummy!

One of my best friends loves that place. Her husband doesn't like thai food, so she usually just gets a bunch of girls together and goes. I have actually never tried thai food. It is at all like chinese or japanese food? How about pan asian?

P.S. Congrats on the anniversary!!