Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earliest Memory of FB&HW
Could be a skit, a stunt, something they were talking about....anything.

The first time I flipped to the channel they were giving Zane a healthy ration of crap as he admitted (in a sorta plungerhand way) that he often would deuce before showering and then wouldn't bother to wipe...just simply jump in the shower.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Tuned in for the first time smack in the middle of a Fireworks in the Sink call. Got hooked right then and there.
Paintball Gauntlet. I thought they were nuts...or at least Joe was nuts.
I remember listening when Joe first became an intern and was fat.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Talk to the tape with Arnold Schwarzeneggar. I don't remember what was being played the first time I listened but I do remember telling everyone to [drop]stop whining![/drop]
That's what she said.
I remember most the 'what have you got to lose challenge' stunts. gargle A1, raw egg....weird stuff

Zane licking Rosa Parks Circle Park Cirlce
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
The earliest I remember is Hot Wings doing break dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSgMq2UeMXA
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:The earliest I remember is Hot Wings doing break dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSgMq2UeMXA

I remember that...def a decent thing...not great though.
I always heard commercials for them, but I though the name was stupid, so i refused to tune in. One day my friend played several PA Pranks off the website for me, and I about died listening to those things. The next day I started listening.
The first thing I heard was the Dick-C-Cup challenge, where Joe had a mug that looked like a penis. I tuned in about halfway through so I had no idea what was going on. The very next thing was making fun of the wrestler Kamala's website, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever and I have been addicted ever since
All I heard was "So Joe, what scent of candle does that taste like?" and I was hooked.
Then I heard him gag and said it tasted like cookies. HI-larious!
The first time I listened they were talking about KKK and Grand Dragons or something?
I remember that I started listening just before Joe started and when they played music during the show. The earliest memory was the Holiday Break In's in December of 2006.
I started listening when Joe walked through the carwash... that or it was the Jedi training stunt. Which ever came first. I am not referring to Jedi Mindtrick. I am referring to when they blindfolded him and threw food at him in the studio.
I used to listen to them in the afternoons when they were at Iowa Western back in the 90s. The only thing that I remeber clearly is that they used to play 'Too High For The Supermarket' a lot.
I remember first listening when they were making fun of Joe for trying to pick up a girl at a party by asking her about the traffic outside. It was hilarious; they should play it during the flashback sometime. I think it was back when Joe was new and they would make fun of his apartment with no furniture...that used to be really funny too.
What Have You Got To Lose.....Hot Wings has to get bagels in the "That's Miss Bitch To You" shirt and I think, some tight shorts.
I listened a few times but was not hooked until I heard Joe do the gabba gabba stunt at the drive thrus. I was kinda hooked after that.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I remember them when they first came back on...I heard all of the commercials, and though that B-dubs was doing some kind of a food giveaway with free beer and hot wings, and was confused as hell as to why they would give out their food for free. Then again, I was still in high school at this point, and slightly dumber than I am now.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
potthole Wrote:Tuned in for the first time smack in the middle of a Fireworks in the Sink call. Got hooked right then and there.
Same here. I'd been listening a bit since they were first on in the Myrtle Beach market, but my friend and I were heading home from work when we heard the bit so we drove to the outskirts of the city and bought the largest firecrackers they had. We got on the air with it in the bath rub at the old former military house we were renting at the time and got much props from the guys.

That's when they won me over for sure.

-=The Prynce
Must of been 5 or 6 years ago now. I remember thinking when I first started listening that I couldn't tell the difference between ANY of their voices. I think Joe either just started working or was an intern at the time....easily got hooked.
I started, probably 3 - 4 years ago. It was just like they say. Hated them at first, but was tired of the same comedians, jokes, and songs on B&T. Needless to say, after a few days I was hooked.
I don't remember the very first thing I heard on the show, but my earliest memory was the Butter Street Team Joe stunt. Before the stunt was done, some guy called the show to tell them that he gives his young daughter little pads of butter to eat every day and the guys totally tore into him. That's what got me hooked.
Im not sure what I heard first either.....they started in st cloud about a year ago now and I just thought they were interesting. They were able to keep my interest and now Im hooked
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I started listening when I had to drive my girlfriend's car in the summer of 2005 and she actually had a radio unlike my jeep.

I started podcasting so I could listen to the whole show at my desk at work. The earliest actual memory was Joe in the dryer.
Mine would have to be the Brokeback Movie with Hotwings and Zane...that totally cracked me up.....
I remember right after Zane's second win at trivia, he said that W. MI. was stupid.
They were out at Ten Bells bar for a promotion, and I had to go meet him to tell him to "eat it!" Also went to their hotwing eating contest the next week, good time!
That was back in '04, I think, listened ever since.
My first memory of FBHW was Joe dressed like a woman in a convenience store singing I know what boys like.
I would like to amend my first memory of FBHW. It was when louie large called in and "claimed" he was in an accident with the midget. Everyone emailed in to call him out on it and say that it was a chain email.
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I was on my way to Steelcase as a temp worker. They were doing "hitting the post" with Joe. I think it was right after Joe was hired/started interning.
My earliest memory is either Zane talking about doing PA for the Griffins during the 10:00 local break or the guys talking about screwing up some tournament pool (maybe the NCAA).

I didn't get hooked though until Cell-Phone Loud Talker.
My first memory was when I heard they were replacing the show that was on WGRD. I was pissed and refused to listen. On my way home from work I would listen to WGRD and in the morning would listen to B&T, because my old show was replaced. One day I just didn't switch to B&T and I haven't turned back. I can't believe I was brain washed by that S for so long... I don't remember exactly what they were doing, but I do remember thinking, that sounds like something I would do.
We were listening to it in class senior year which was almost 5 years ago. I was like wtf is this show
The earliest memory is that I was flipping through the dial and came across them doing a stunt. I think it was Joe ( not sure) and it involved walking through mouse traps.
I remember when Joe started. And he had to do the Best Of show while the three were out.

"There have been exxxplosionss......"
one of these two, when they had Chinaman on, and they played drops while he responded as schwarzenneger, or maybe it was the last time they did the "stuff in the dryer challenge" where a guy put heavy chain through his dryer... never laughed so hard in my life before that, or since
mikeburnfire Wrote:I remember when Joe started. And he had to do the Best Of show while the three were out.

"There have been exxxplosionss......"

There HAS been explosions. The grammatically incorrectness of what he said made it so funny. I'm also pretty sure incorrectness isn't a word.

My first memory of the show was when I was emerging from the womb in 1971 and on the radio they were throwing a party for Dude, who had just turned 70 years old. It was raining out.

Good times.
i was tuning through the radio and caught WHWT, i was hypnotized by HW's voice and zingers. that's when the obsession started.

or something.
Jo Wrote:i was tuning through the radio and caught WHWT, i was hypnotized by HW's voice and zingers. that's when the obsession started.

or something.

One can hardly blame you. Zingers are a tasty treat.
Unfortunately, I was a Bob and Tom listner before FBHW. It was really the only morning show in Nashville that was meant to be funny. I listened to the comedians and tuned out the laughing. After a while you become numb to it. When they announced that there was going to be a switch, I listened to the show, and on one of the first days on the air in Nashville, they did something I didn't like. They had everyone go online and look at a picture of a little girl who was suffereing from a disease that caused her face to swell up. Everyone laughed and made fun, so I wouldn't listen to the show for the next several months.

I ended up coming back to the show, but it took a while.