Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"LARP"ers
I live near Nashville and no matter what branch of the LARPer tree he belongs to, the caller is a still a "geek" .I'm going to make a special trip with my son down WestEnd Ave. by Elmington Park to point out to him what a full grown "geek" looks like. AGREED THEY ARE "LOSERS" I stand corrected. Thank You" providencecrow"
Has anyone else seen the movie "Sasquatch Gang"? Dumber that S, but the main characters are Larper's. My wife still doesn't believe people actually do that.
loppy40 Wrote:I live near Nashville and no matter what branch of the LARPer tree he belongs to, the caller is a still a "geek" .I'm going to make a special trip with my son down WestEnd Ave. by Elmington Park to point out to him what a full grown "geek" looks like.

When is that happening? I want to mock too!
Sunday's about 2p.m.
For the GR area crew, I have seen a group of LARPers gathering on the west side Burlingame Ave between 36th and 44th. I don't know what day they get together but my best guess is that it is on Saturdays.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Are war reenactments considered larping?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:Are war reenactments considered larping?

If you yell "lightning bolt" when you are swinging your sword or yell "block" when someone is trying to shoot you, then yes Smile
jus' P Wrote:
loppy40 Wrote:I live near Nashville and no matter what branch of the LARPer tree he belongs to, the caller is a still a "geek" .I'm going to make a special trip with my son down WestEnd Ave. by Elmington Park to point out to him what a full grown "geek" looks like.

When is that happening? I want to mock too!

I see these guys (and girls believe it or not) every sunday. i've never known what their deal was, good to know.
they don't look too dorky, kinda goth, skater, hippie, punk mix.
although i always have on headphones walking around elmington park, so they might be yelling things like " lightning bolt ".

and a word to the wise, some of them are pretty salty looking and may not take to being mocked so well, like maybe a foam sword to the face, i would proceed with caution.
LARPing doesnt make you a geek, it makes you a total loser (or maybe you have to be a total loser first). At my college when i went there, there was a group of LARPers that would play outside the student center every wednesday. On it's own it would have been fine, but the other 6 days of the week those people dressed "in character" all the time.

There are a couple LARPers at my current job, and I am completely unable to have a normal conversation with any of them. One sits like right next to me and the other day just makin small talk i had asked if they saw the Bob Saget roast the night before, to which instead of getting a yes or no i got this long roundabout reason on why they don't watch tv.

There may be normal people out there that do LARP, but i have yet to meet a single one of them.
providencecrow Wrote:LARPing doesnt make you a geek, it makes you a total loser (or maybe you have to be a total loser first). At my college when i went there, there was a group of LARPers that would play outside the student center every wednesday. On it's own it would have been fine, but the other 6 days of the week those people dressed "in character" all the time.

There are a couple LARPers at my current job, and I am completely unable to have a normal conversation with any of them. One sits like right next to me and the other day just makin small talk i had asked if they saw the Bob Saget roast the night before, to which instead of getting a yes or no i got this long roundabout reason on why they don't watch tv.

There may be normal people out there that do LARP, but i have yet to meet a single one of them.

No, your first premise is correct. There is no way any normal person LARPs. I played D&D a couple of times in high school and there were just too many people actually taking it seriously for me to take. These are the same people.
Does anyone know where I can watch that video that was on the air this morning? Joe said he put a link but I don't see it on the homepage.
My friend cannot understand what's so funny about LARP'ers. That'd be because he himself is a former LARPer. I've got a video of him about 10 years ago in the woods at night with his friends shooting fireworks at sh!t at each other...

Being a LARPer doesn't make you a geek, it makes you something far worse. Its fine to be a geek. Its a sin to LARP.

-=The Prynce
i think we should start LARPing right here. see what the fuss is about.

i'm an elf demon warlock sorceror dude with 13 hit points and shoes that make me float.

i also have really bad gas, braces, and a hentai fetish.
dingdongyo Wrote:i think we should start LARPing right here. see what the fuss is about.

i'm an elf demon warlock sorceror dude with 13 hit points and shoes that make me float.

lightning bolt, steel ball, lightning bolt, steel ball....(pinball wizard)
dingdongyo Wrote:i think we should start LARPing right here. see what the fuss is about.

See thats not really larping because you are not trying to beat me with a wet noodle covered in foam. You do seem to have the backstory panned out well though.
I work with 2 "LARP"ers and yes if you are a LARPER you are a geek. i consider myself a NERD since i am a computer programmer but these 2 losers need a good pumbling.
angeredmailman Wrote:I work with 2 "LARP"ers and yes if you are a LARPER you are a geek. i consider myself a NERD since i am a computer programmer but these 2 losers need a good pumbling.

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me. Seriously if you want to have the most hilarious conversations in the world, ask them the most mundane questions in the world. Some classics that have kept me entertained through the years of various LARPer interaction:

"Which do you prefer, Cake or Pie?"
"Did you watch X on tv last night?"
"Who is your favorite sports team?"
"What would do more damage, my +5 against human Mace covered in Nerf, or my sawed off shotgun?"
"Who would win in a fight, Gandalf, Jesus, Mohammed, or Gary Gygax?"
"When was the last time you saw genetalia that did not belong to a pet, yourself, or someone on a video screen?"

that should get the ball rolling nicely. The cake or pie one is usually hilarious because 9 times out of 10 they mention some pie that has not been made since the 1500s
i told them i'd play but they told me "Real Weapons" are not allowed

my reply was "What you guys don't throw real lightning"

her response was "No its called Role PLAYING for a reason"

i get sports i get videogames but dressing up in your mothers MO MO with a wizard hat and throwing TP pretending it is some magic ability is F'in Stupid

i want to slap the 2 of them when they are like "Last night i had a +75 Mana hit on level 900 Rope Thrower"
Wow, i'm kinda like Biff on this, I don't use it much on here, but

LMAO!!!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Anyone in GR can check it out down at Lamar Park in Wyoming near Park High School. Every Sunday during the summer from about 11 AM - 2 PM. I work for the city and see them there all the time, they have all this foam gear wrapped in duct tape. Pretty interesting, sometimes we stop and just watch.
i wanna go down to lamar park and play. i have special abilities that include a +10 hit from cow brain. immobilizes target for 30 secs for hot zester in face.