Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters, Aliens, and Conspiracy Theory's
Philly Mike Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:Mad Dog that was JOE Rogan, not Seth Rogan, wouldn't want you to continue to make a good actor sound like a crackpot.

Oops :oops:
lol didnt even see he said seth rogan...
good actor??? where, you mean seth rogan the guy who has played like in 5 movies and is already a typecast... i hope that is sarcasm. and hey joe rogan may sound like a crackpot, but he is at least reasonable behind his claims.

You can be typecast and still be a good actor. See Julia Roberts, Samuel L. Jackson, Will Smith (R.I.P.), etc.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cracked.com/article_14926_p2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cracked.com/article_14926_p2.html</a><!-- m -->

julia roberts sucks, samuel l jackson has played different types of character not always the badass and has done so well if you see him in diehard he wasn't such a tough guy, or in star wars. will smith... he is alright, there were a few movies he was in that were okay, independence day was pretty good, badboys... eh not so great, enimy of the state he was running the whole time and not really playing the cool cop dude, and well pursuit of happiness he was an underdog dude, not to mention 7 pounds, or hancock where he was completely different personas...

lol either way seth rogan isn't too great either, zack and miri was alright, knocked up looked kind of funny, that newer movie where he is like some mall security dude looks stupid. hmmm maybe he is an alien ... yeah thats it he is an alien and him and ben stiller have come down from the planet sr388 to charm us then when our guard is down they turn into their true form and take us over.
Tongue
:tonguebath:

Did you read the cracked article about Will Smith or Samuel L. Jackson at all? He has simply shifted typecasting in the last few years to guy who triumphs against all odds, Hancock, Pursuit of Happiness, Ali, I am Legend are all that same story. It could probablly even be argued that 7 Pounds kind of fits that underdog turned hero mantra of the others.

Also Star Wars Samuel L. Jackson was too a badass type character, not as pronounced because it was Star Wars but he still played the most bad ass one of them. Cracked mentions almost all of the examples you gave to counter my point already as movies they played that caracter in.

How about Morgan Freeman plays the "kindly old narrator" role in almost every movie he is in, with the exception of Wanted that I can think of off the top of my head. Robert De Niro almost always plays a somewhat gangster don't fuck with me guy, and even played a smilar role in the Meet The Parents films as the tough ex-CIA guy.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Anyway I never said being typecast was bad. Just that seth rogan sucks and he will stick to being sucky as a typecast. Samuel l jackson is awesome and yes as far asjedi go he was badass, but he was way too humble to truly be badass.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I guess its my own fault that this thread got so off track.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:I guess its my own fault that this thread got so off track.
indeed
:idiots:

:tonguebath:
j/k
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
WienerPoopie has a haunted house. Hunters have spent one night and want to spend a second night in there.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
What happens? Is there anywhere we can see info gathered?
they're supposed to be getting him some pictures of 'orbs' and whatnot...

Supposedly there were some chairs being moved around that they didn't move...i think they got drunked up and were effing with each other
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"