Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cloverfield" on dvd
My son and I watched the movie at home on dvd and because of the filming perspective the movie made no sense "at all". I had high expectations from a friend recommendations, but was tremendously disappointed, in short "IT SUCKED". I'm sure it was because we saw it first at home on DVD.
I saw it for the first time on film and my girlfriend saw it the first time in theaters. She said DVD was better cause the theaters caused a lot of motion sickness.

I have heard this from a lot of people too, not just her.
Sorry, I thought it sucked. Dude's narrative was annoying. Couldn't wait for him to die.
jus' P Wrote:Sorry, I thought it sucked. Dude's narrative was annoying. Couldn't wait for him to die.

How far did I make it through that movie??
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I watched it on DVD, and I liked it. Nothing like the comfort of my own couch.
Queenie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Sorry, I thought it sucked. Dude's narrative was annoying. Couldn't wait for him to die.

How far did I make it through that movie??

Watching it with the blankets over your head, doesn't really constitute as watching. And yet you watch SAW. Hmmmm?
I thought it was okay. I expected it to be a lot worse than it was but I actually liked it. And being a film student, I'm a huge critic of movies.
The only cool part was when the chick got bit and exploded.
I thought it was great in the theaters but I think that was mostly b/c I got sucked into the pre release hype about what the monster was. I tried to watch it on dvd one night and I only got a few minutes in before I was fast forwarding to the couple good parts and then turned it off.
I hate watching movies twice so I never buy dvd's, except for the party scene at the beginning which I hated, I loved the movie. I was riveted from there on out. When the monster jumped up and grabbed the helicopter at the end, I screamed like a little girl.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
STILL A SUCKY MOVIE!!!!!! no matter what viewing format.
I don't know. I saw it in the theater and on dvd and I can't say I liked it more or less either way. The whole movie is just kinda meh. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't outstanding either. If it wasn't for my boyfriend, I probably wouldn't have seen it at all.
I ended up seeing it in the theater at midnight when it was released - I was very much into the hype last year, followed blogs, checked out the official website for clues, etc. JJ Abrams said it was going to be a different type of monster movie, but I was thoroughly disappointed. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the sequel, I've heard one is in the works.

Oh, and I did get sick while watching it in the theater but not due to the fact I was seeing it on a large screen, I blame it on the 3 cups of coffee I drank right beforehand so I could stay up for the entire flick.
i thought it sucked....the first 30 mins or whatever where they're at the party was pointless and bored me. i get trying to develop a story for each character but this wasn't a character film, it was a monster movie. none of that party scene mattered during the rest of the movie. i know it's silly, but for me the beginning is what kills it for me. the rest was ok.
Jo Wrote:i thought it sucked....the first 30 mins or whatever where they're at the party was pointless and bored me. i get trying to develop a story for each character but this wasn't a character film, it was a monster movie. none of that party scene mattered during the rest of the movie. i know it's silly, but for me the beginning is what kills it for me. the rest was ok.

The party was just a home movie some one was shooting that was happening to be going on before the monster, who was previously unknown to mankind, came from the Atlantic and started to chow on NYC. Although character development was a side effect, I don't think that was it's intent.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
The part that got me was when 3 dudes go out on the balcony and discuss how one is in love with the girl at the party.

...Dudes don't talk about that kinda stuff.
The director said that it was Americas GODZILLA, I think it just SUCKED ASS.
I have to say, I really enjoyed the movie. I didn't really get into the pre-release hype, but after watching the movie and then reading everything, it made me want to watch it again. I'm actually looking forward to the sequel...