Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you meet your significant other?
These stories are usually interesting. Mine's not but I'll go first anyway.

I met my boyfriend on Match.com in 2006. He contacted me and we chatted back and forth for a few weeks but I wasn't really interested in meeting him mostly because I didn't take online dating seriously. He was a great guy, just not for me. Well one day he challenged me to go to Six Flags with him, and I reluctantly accepted because 1. he already bought the tickets and 2. I wanted to try out the new coaster. So we went and had a good time but I still wasn't interested. He called me the next day asking if I wanted to go to a Mets game later in the week. I didn't want to go but I felt bad not calling him back so I did and we went. Basically it went on like this for a few dates and eventually he grew on me. Now two years later we have a place and a couple kittens together and life is pretty good. Just waiting on the rock.
That's what she said.
I was traveling in Hong Kong and China. She was sweet, nice, and funny. We hit it off.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Allyson, why should he give you a rock? He's already seen your junk. The dirt made a perfect outline of them in those shorts. ;D

I stole my wife from a good friend of mine. We were in junior year of high school, believe it or not, my friend and I were supposed to double date. Me with some broad and him with my now wife. The broad couldn't make it and my friend was sick, so we decided to still make a night of it. After that we were both hooked. The friend is still a friend today. So it all turned out well.
I was a Blue Light Special at Kmart.

My now wife went through my checkout lane while I worked there in college.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:My now wife went through my checkout lane while I worked there in college.

Why have I never heard this story?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Next time you see Mrs. ask her. It is rather quite elaborate.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
The one and only fustercluck and his wife introduced me to my wife.

I became good friends with the both of them a couple summers ago, and fuster's wife kept telling me about this girl she felt I shoult meet. Near the end of the summer they invited her over to hang out with a bunch of our friends, and we hit it off right away. A couple weeks later we had our first date, and a year later we got engaged. Been married for three months now.
Being a widower with 5 young children I had all but gave up on finding love ever again. I tried match, eharmony, family members setting me up. It was frustrating on many levels. I finally decided that it probably wasn't going to happen. I was playing on singlesnet and met someone who actually lived within 30 miles of my house. A couple of emails and we decided to IM. After one afternoon of IMing it was clear we had a lot in common. It got to where we could finish each other's sentences and post the exact same thing. After an exchange of phone numbers, I nervously called her after work. It was uncanny how easy it was to talk her. We agreed we should meet. We went to a sports bar and played ping pong.( How's that for a first date?) After meeting in person it was clear that we were meant to be together. She's truly a beautiful, intelligent and caring individual. Myself and my children are fortunate that she entered our lives. I absolutely love her.
Why is it that when a woman looses her husband, she's a widow, but when a man looses his wife, he's a widower. Wouldn't a widower be one that makes a widow?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:Why is it that when a woman looses her husband, she's a widow, but when a man looses his wife, he's a widower. Wouldn't a widower be one that makes a widow?

I don't know but after reading that I think Plunger's gettin' some tonight.
Rock Monster Wrote:Why is it that when a woman looses her husband, she's a widow, but when a man looses his wife, he's a widower. Wouldn't a widower be one that makes a widow?

Probably similar to the whole "finace" v. "fiancee" thing, too.
Plunger, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I wish I could meet a man like you!
I met my husband in 8th grade...we dated all through high school and all through college. We're both 25 and have been married just over a year. Overall I believe the total amount of "invested time" is 11 and 1/2 hears. So far so good. :-)
we met on SG I was a model hopeful at the time with a set in member review and he was in a relationship that was hurtling down a steep hill.. we became friends and then met last October. It's been a bumpy road but our 1 year anniversary is rapidly approaching and I'm hoping to make the next year with my great guy better than this one... Lord knows I owe it to both of us to check it before I wreck it.

for the record, I don't recommend giving SG your money... go elsewhere, like GodsGirls or something. Hell, even "mypunkrockgirlfriend" is a step up from the quagmire that SG has become...
Love sucks, I'm bitter haha
ashleykme Wrote:Love sucks, I'm bitter haha

I'm with you! I rue the day I met my soon-to-be-ex!!!!
Peaches, what's SG?
potthole Wrote:Peaches, what's SG?

no work safe, go home and look it up, then, take a shower because you've dirtied yourself with it
My fiance and I met in 9th grade gym class in September 2003. We argued and gave eachother crap, and hated eachother because I played sports better than him.

In tenth grade, we had gym class together again and we were doing a gymnastics unit. I was a gymnast at my other school and was doing a bar routine for fun. I fell off the bars and he caught me. We've been together since that day and have a beautiful little girl now ;D

8-)true story 8-)
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
College Calculus...'nuff said
i noticed my wife's rockin' body during marching band rehearsal...the flutes stood right in front of the trombones (she=flute I =trombones) ahhhh....highschool
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i noticed my wife's rockin' body during marching band rehearsal...the flutes stood right in front of the trombones (she=flute I =trombones) ahhhh....highschool

So what you're saying is that both you and your wife are giant dorks!

(I was in band for a few years too, but percussion, so it was a little better)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i noticed my wife's rockin' body during marching band rehearsal...the flutes stood right in front of the trombones (she=flute I =trombones) ahhhh....highschool

she quit, so she became less dorky. I stayed in and probably woulda gotten into it at college had I not changed my major to 'knocking her up'

Undecided
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:So what you're saying is that both you and your wife are giant dorks!

she quit, so she became less dorky. I stayed in and probably woulda gotten into it at college had I not changed my major to 'knocking her up'

Undecided

... and now you sweep floors...
Rock Monster Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:she quit, so she became less dorky. I stayed in and probably woulda gotten into it at college had I not changed my major to 'knocking her up'

Undecided

... and now you sweep floors...
No....that's weinerpoopie.....howie sprays his hose everywhere.

So yeah....nothing much changed apparently.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Howie... Weiner... whatever.

No one likes either of 'em anyway! Wink
dino Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:... and now you sweep floors...
No....that's weinerpoopie.....howie sprays his hose everywhere.

So yeah....nothing much changed apparently.

yah, why would i use a broom to sweep a floor when i could just hit it with 100gpm of water
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:So what you're saying is that both you and your wife are giant dorks!

Undecided

Dude! I got my Masters in 'knocking her up'. If someone(me), doesn't change his core curriculum, I'll have my Doctorate.. :Smile
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:she quit, so she became less dorky. I stayed in and probably woulda gotten into it at college had I not changed my major to 'knocking her up'

Undecided

Dude! I got my Masters in 'knocking her up'. If someone(me), doesn't change his core curriculum, I'll have my Doctorate.. :Smile

I'm confused?? ???
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Dude! I got my Masters in 'knocking her up'. If someone(me), doesn't change his core curriculum, I'll have my Doctorate.. :Smile

I'm confused?? ???

I think core curriculum = scrumpin'
I think she was in marching band with us for litterally... band camp her freshman year...
Rock Monster Wrote:

I was a band dork too... but I played the piccolo... Hell yeah... going through the yearbook yesterday I found a pic of me PLAYING my pic... [Image: yearbook2.jpg]
Yeah, I'm not ashamed!!!
Plus, I was really REALLY drunk in this picture...

Ha ha my husband I were in the hs marching band, too. He played trombone and I played the flute (ok, and tuba too).

Must be something about those brass players...