Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Jersey Shore folk...
It's almost time to wave goodbye to Bennies (and Shoobies)!

Goodbye ridiculous traffic clogging our roads.

Goodbye a-holes who trash our beaches and towns.

Goodbye to the idiots picking fights with locals at the bars.

Goodbye Bennies!

Have a wonderful Labor Day everyone and breathe easy knowing the shore is ours once more. Tongue
HOORAY!!
That's what she said.
Excuse my ignorance. But what exactly are "Bennies and Shoobies"?
Are they the stupid idiots that come to the Jersey Shore from places like New York and act like they own the F'n place?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Precisely. Please refer to http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=1382 for a physical description of the majority.
That's what she said.
Thank you for accepting my ignorance. I learned my one thing today. Might as well go to bed now.
Not taken their side, but don't these " bennies and shoobies", provide your economy with much need income? Again, just asking.
if you want to know the lowdown on bennies: www.bennygohome.com

That being said, it seems like today has been abnormally benny heavy, but after monday they are effing gone for like 8 months. WOOOOOO

Edit: You would think so plungerhand, but in actuality they do not. All they do is keep locals from going into any businesses/restaurants/bars from memorial to labor day. When the summer comes, i drink at home. The rest of the year im out every single night.

If the bennies just stopped coming, the economy would actually boom because you would see all the locals now willingly going to the boardwalk and beaches daily during the summer.
providencecrow Wrote:if you want to know the lowdown on bennies: www.bennygohome.com

That being said, it seems like today has been abnormally benny heavy, but after monday they are effing gone for like 8 months. WOOOOOO

Edit: You would think so plungerhand, but in actuality they do not. All they do is keep locals from going into any businesses/restaurants/bars from memorial to labor day. When the summer comes, i drink at home. The rest of the year im out every single night.

If the bennies just stopped coming, the economy would actually boom because you would see all the locals now willingly going to the boardwalk and beaches daily during the summer.

The world is a much happier place when they go home. But it's important to know that not every tourist that comes here is a benny. The people who come down and respect us, respect our roads and communities are fine and welcome. It's the a-holes that we're glad to see go.

Another side note...has anyone else noticed that sometimes the biggest bennies aren't even from out of state, they're actually from North Jersey?
jerseygirl Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:if you want to know the lowdown on bennies: www.bennygohome.com

The world is a much happier place when they go home. But it's important to know that not every tourist that comes here is a benny. The people who come down and respect us, respect our roads and communities are fine and welcome. It's the a-holes that we're glad to see go.

Another side note...has anyone else noticed that sometimes the biggest bennies aren't even from out of state, they're actually from North Jersey?

I agree, not ALL tourists are bennies, but at least in my area id say its a good 90%, if not higher. Then again i live right next to Sleazeside so my opinion is definitely skewed.

I think the problem with in-state bennies is they have the mentality "Well im from the state too so this place is just as much mine as anyone elses", but it is not. Just because you are on the jersey side of the Lincoln tunnel does not make you anything more than the worthless human being you are.

Maybe next year we can get some terrorists to bomb the boardwalks during the summer. That would be senseless violence i would support.
providencecrow Wrote:[quote author=jerseygirl board=bs thread=1593 post=32658 time=1220051793]

I agree, not ALL tourists are bennies, but at least in my area id say its a good 90%, if not higher. Then again i live right next to Sleazeside so my opinion is definitely skewed.

I think the problem with in-state bennies is they have the mentality "Well im from the state too so this place is just as much mine as anyone elses", but it is not. Just because you are on the jersey side of the Lincoln tunnel does not make you anything more than the worthless human being you are.

Maybe next year we can get some terrorists to bomb the boardwalks during the summer. That would be senseless violence i would support.

I hear on ya Sleazeside. I grew up in Bay Head (and Point Pleasant)...and not being one of the privileged and rich people it sucked. Rich bennies are the worse...they are a whole other breed of benny. Demanding, demeaning, patronizing and conniving.