Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Female Republican V.P. Candidate
Wow. you could have blown me over with a feather. John McCain has picked Sara Palin, Republican Governor from Alaska. I don't think anyone really anticipated this.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I just watched Sara Palin's acceptance speech. Wow, is she EVER dynamic. My first gut reaction was that this may have been a dumb move on McCain's part, and it may yet prove to be, but I can definitely see what he saw in her.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
All this did was clinch the presidency for McCain. Remember that crazy woman who was "Thrown Aside" by the democratic party. Well, now all the people that wanted a woman president just because she was a woman are going to vote McCain because hes old and old people die. I honestly feel that this little maneuver was the only way the Republicans could truly beat the Dems this time around.

Me personally? as i've said before i wont be voting for either, but i can still see how this has changed everything.
I am so pleased with his choice for V.P. She is a great pick for McCain. She might get him to change his mind about drilling in Anwr
It's good that we're choosing our vice presidents as a publicity stunt, that's really what we need right now in our president.
speedbump Wrote:It's good that we're choosing our vice presidents as a publicity stunt, that's really what we need right now in our president.

Yeah you're right. What a crock of shit.

Signed,

Walter Mondale
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Fight! Fight! Left vs Right!! No matter what happens this is going to be an AWSOME election season!
I'm not a fan of news sources taking sides and leaning left or right, but it's naturally going to happen, so I'll deal with it. When stations like ESPN start throwing their hat in the bag, then I get kind of upset. I'm a fan of Obama, and I still notice that when I watch ESPN it looks like they sat down with the executives and decided Obama was going to be "their guy". I don't watch ESPN for my election coverage news.

This doesn't exactly fit the thread topic, but really who gives a shit?
I agree speedbump. The same goes for celebrities. STFU. You get paid to act or play music.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I think I'm getting a crush on Sara Palin. Oh man.
Great pick. Will move the independents. The liberals are trying to find dirt and can't find much.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Mad Dog Wrote:I think I'm getting a crush on Sara Palin. Oh man.
If McCain wins, I'm expecting the first ever VP swimsuit calendar. Very attractive woman, but I agree with Speedbump about this being some kind of PR move to get the Hillarites moved to the other side. My money is still on Obama though.
Anyone see that pic of Sara P. and her daughter kneeling beside the caribou she just shot? OMG what a woman!! I'm moving to Alaska!
I really don't follow McCain or Obama very much. To me all of them are full of hot air. They will say and do anything that will get them into the Big Chair. But I will say onething this will make history no matter which way it goes. The first woman V.P. or the first black man as President.
I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.
Palin is awesome, she stands up to democrats and republicans alike. She has been making change, while Obama has been talking about it. I cant believe some people are using the experience card, when she has done more than Obama.

The biggest thing this did IMO is it stopped all of Obama's momentum. The media was all ready to drool over his speach for days, then McCain hit them with this! They were forced to cover this, and the speech is practically forgotten.
just did a quick google search. does anybody think that her 17 year old PREGNANT daughter might hurt her chances? i don't know a ton about politics but aren't republicans usually conservative? a 17 pregnant kid ain't very conservative.....just thrownin' that out there.
Jo Wrote:just did a quick google search. does anybody think that her 17 year old PREGNANT daughter might hurt her chances? i don't know a ton about politics but aren't republicans usually conservative? a 17 pregnant kid ain't very conservative.....just thrownin' that out there.

Ya I also saw that, this might be a problem. Apparently the 17 year old and the father plan to get married. Cant wait to see what the media makes of this.
Jo Wrote:just did a quick google search. does anybody think that her 17 year old PREGNANT daughter might hurt her chances? i don't know a ton about politics but aren't republicans usually conservative? a 17 pregnant kid ain't very conservative.....just thrownin' that out there.

According to Obama, it's not an issue.

Quote:"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/o...index.html
It may not be an issue with his campain, but you know that Left wing blogs are going to go even more nuts.
I think what will hurt her with women, is the fact that she doesn't believe in abortions even in the case of rape. It think most women would be against carrying the rapist's who raped them's baby, but what do I know, I'm a guy...
Mad Dog Wrote:First Female Republican V.P. Candidate

Not the first...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldine_Ferraro
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:First Female Republican V.P. Candidate

Not the first...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldine_Ferraro
The keyword in that is Republican......Geraldine Ferraro was a democratic nominee.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
AHHH.... actually reading something helps, huh?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:AHHH.... actually reading something helps, huh?
I personally feel that reading is over-rated.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
especially on an on-line message board!
Exactly! Where would we get our material from? Smile
Quote of the Day:
It's football season...NO reading allowed!!( in honor of our collegiate athletes)
lovegrenade Wrote:I think what will hurt her with women, is the fact that she doesn't believe in abortions even in the case of rape. It think most women would be against carrying the rapist's who raped them's baby, but what do I know, I'm a guy...

In my 41 years on earth, I may have have met one possibly two women that were 100% Whoo Hooo about abortion. The vast majority of women I have talked to on this topic, who say they are pro-choice say something like this, I probably wouldn't have an abortion, but I wouldn't want to take that right away from someone else." One woman I had a lengthy discussion with was totally pro-life but with a twist. She said that when she was she had in fact had an abortion, and it left her so hurt and emotionally wrecked, she couldn't imagine anyone not being mentally harmed by that event. I asked her what about pregnancy by rape? She responded by saying "Do two wrongs make a right?" I said "Oh." She thought that the woman who took that pregnancy too term was indeed a valiant woman, and I agree.
She went on to say that for women who were raped and (and I really can't imagine this) kept the baby, say that that child was the only good thing that came from an evil event.

So the question is this: How many women are like the women in the middle. Secretly knowing in their heart that abortion is wrong but not wanting to look like uncaring witches to women who get themselves in trouble with unwanted pregnancy's.

I honestly think that it goes to prove that she is like the rest of us. Her family life isn't perfect but she deals with the challenges that come along the best way that she and her family can. There are so many in this world that are young and pregnant without being married. I think it goes well to her family values that she plans on sticking beside her daughter and her helping her through this time.
hotsauce Wrote:

I honestly think that it goes to prove that she is like the rest of us. Her family life isn't perfect but she deals with the challenges that come along the best way that she and her family can. There are so many in this world that are young and pregnant without being married. I think it goes well to her family values that she plans on sticking beside her daughter and her helping her through this time.

I think it also goes to show just how effective the "Abstinence Only" Sex Education is.
lovegrenade Wrote:
hotsauce Wrote:I honestly think that it goes to prove that she is like the rest of us. Her family life isn't perfect but she deals with the challenges that come along the best way that she and her family can. There are so many in this world that are young and pregnant without being married. I think it goes well to her family values that she plans on sticking beside her daughter and her helping her through this time.

I think it also goes to show just how effective the "Abstinence Only" Sex Education is.

No it just means it isnt being drilled into peoples brains enough, that's all
lovegrenade Wrote:[

One case does? What about the millions of teens who don't get pregnant because they practice abstinence?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Practicing Abstinence isn't the problem. ONLY teaching abstinence is the problem. Teenagers have sex and they always have. Teenagers who have sex and don't use protection get pregnant and they always have. If people want to pretend that teenagers are going to not have sex because they have been taught that Abstinence is the only asnwer, that's fine, but they shouldn't be suprised when their daughters get knocked up.
lovegrenade Wrote:Practicing Abstinence isn't the problem. ONLY teaching abstinence is the problem. Teenagers have sex and they always have. Teenagers who have sex and don't use protection get pregnant and they always have. If people want to pretend that teenagers are going to not have sex because they have been taught that Abstinence is the only asnwer, that's fine, but they shouldn't be suprised when their daughters get knocked up.

I'm of the opinion that sex education is not the responsibility of the government in the first place. That said, to my knowledge no government school teaches "abstinence only" except to say that "only abstinence can prevent pregnancy and STD".
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Lets get this thread back on track. I think that Sarah Palin's Speech last night was one of the best speeches I have heard since Ronald Regan was in office. She is going to be a great V.P., although I'm biased because I think I have a growing crush on her. Whoo Hoo!!
What do you call a girl who is taught abstinence only and no sex education? Bristol Palin
I cant believe anyone thinks that any of the candidates are prepared to lead anything short of a marching band. this country is Effed for sure. i know that people think Ralph Nader is boring but at least he is putting issues on the table. Yeah John and Sarah and Barrack and Biden give good speeches and so do millions of other a-holes. this does not qualify one to be president. SO I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO SAY NO TO AMERICA. IT IS TIME TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK AND REINSTATE THE MEANING OF FREE. ha i hope nobody takes that last part to seriously. BUT REALLY Eff SARAH PALIN SHE IS AN UGLY BITCH.
High Duke Wrote:I BUT REALLY eff SARAH PALIN SHE IS AN UGLY BITCH.

Disagree with her political stances or not, this is absurd. I'd hit it. A lot.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Parents can only teach their kids so much, they make their own choices. The only thing you can do is support them and help them through their mistakes.
sunshyne Wrote:Parents can only teach their kids so much, they make their own choices. The only thing you can do is support them and help them through their mistakes.

And beat them with the back of your hand. ;D