Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No I Will Not Sell My Land Rover
One thing that i don't understand is why are we giving people money to buy something that mother's are can provide for their children AT NO COST! It's called breast feeding and you don't have to pay for it...
blakjustn3 Wrote:One thing that i don't understand is why are we giving people money to buy something that mother's are can provide for their children AT NO COST! It's called breast feeding and you don't have to pay for it...

It's not THAT simple. Babies bite (especially when they teethe). Also nipples chap and hurt from teething. Not every woman can do it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
butter Wrote:[quote author=admin board=general thread=153 post=3969 time=1214082566]It's not THAT simple. Babies bite (especially when they teethe). Also nipples chap and hurt from teething. Not every woman can do it.

That is why that make this cool device called a breast pump Smile
thanks for getting to it before i could butter...

It has also been shown that babies that are breast fed as infants generally experience less health problems in life. I really don't see a down side to it?
butter Wrote:
butter Wrote:[quote author=admin board=general thread=153 post=3969 time=1214082566]It's not THAT simple. Babies bite (especially when they teethe). Also nipples chap and hurt from teething. Not every woman can do it.

She is to poor to buy a breast pump. Sheesh didnt you hear how rough she has it.
Katie,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through such a stressful time. It must very difficult to have twins, no health insurance and having your husband lose his job. I understand that it would not be a great move for your husband to take a low paying job in the meantime. He should concentrate on getting back on his feet in his field. Temporary hires create a huge expense on companies. It costs a lot of money to train people. Keeping your land Rover is smart because it is paid off and it fits your families needs. Don't be ashamed that you need a little help for now. This is very limited assistance. Maybe people are forgetting all the visits to the doctor for immunizations etc that will not be covered.
freebeerfan Wrote:Katie,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through such a stressful time. It must very difficult to have twins, no health insurance and having your husband lose his job. I understand that it would not be a great move for your husband to take a low paying job in the meantime. He should concentrate on getting back on his feet in his field. Temporary hires create a huge expense on companies. It costs a lot of money to train people. Keeping your land Rover is smart because it is paid off and it fits your families needs. Don't be ashamed that you need a little help for now. This is very limited assistance. Maybe people are forgetting all the visits to the doctor for immunizations etc that will not be covered.

Wow, you're a sensitive pussy just like Freebeer. Good name.
speedbump Wrote:
freebeerfan Wrote:Katie,

Wow, you're a sensitive pussy just like Freebeer. Good name.
HA
butter Wrote:

There is that option. There are also a lot of babies who reject breast milk (especially after it's been refrigerated or frozen).

Have you ever seen what happens when a woman pumps? It's like a faucet and the milk has to be stored before it spoils.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I heard Katie call in on the show, I honestly didn't read all three pages of this thread but i read enough to see that the general opinon is that Katie is wrong here. I was on wic when my daughter was born. Trust me its not that much. My husband was active duty in the army at the time, so we weren't taking advantage while being unemployed. Even if you are breastfeeding you can still get wic. There is a HUGE difference between welfare and wic. Honestly, what I pay for daycare now with one child ($800 a month) it wouldn't even be worth her working just to cover the cost of child care.
Profit from selling used computer system ... $200
Monthly money in pocket from dropping Internet service ... $20
Time available for outside work now that computer is gone ... 2 hours a day (at least)
Not reading suggestions from posters ... priceless
potthole Wrote:Totally off-topic, Mud Room Donna, but I just have to make mention that I added to my wedding registry a sign that looked just like your avatar. Not really much of a surprise, but nobody got it for me.

Totally, I saw this sign at a local pizza place and googled it! I want one.
I didn't know anyone bought used computers.
I would offer her that much for her system to get her out of the mess. I guess if she can be in touch with the internet and all of us, the system is ok enough for a back up. That wouldn't be charity, but sound for both of us. Is that not good?
She may already be gone.
morrigan728 Wrote:I don't think this is any one person's fault. It is very easy for you to sit and say "live below your means" - we don't live in that kind of society. Yes, we all know what we "should" do, but that is not what happens in practice. I am not saying anyone is right or wrong, but think about the way our country runs...
Toyota is currently running a promotion, $1,000 cash back for recent college grads. This is given away to young adults who do not have the income yet to support a new car payment.
Think about credit cards, with $500 or more credit limits given to students. Kids are encouraged to use plastic rather than, oh I don't know - work study?!?!?
Mortgage companies approve people for gigantic mortgages, on many houses that aren't worth that amount anyway. Now the mortgage companies are facing major forclosure issues - and they don't suck it up and deal...no they go to the federal government to bail them out. Why is it the feds problem that these companies overextended themselves??
Everywhere you turn, people and corportations are overextending themselves on credit. What is the current US deficit... the government does it too.

I have a knife that was obviously made to cut things so i'm not responsible for the murder i commit with it.

Your statement and mine are retarded.

Life is filled with obstacles. If you fall down a hole get your own ass out. Quit taxing the system because you can't figure out the difference between NEED and WANT.
Oh and how about thinking about BREEDING before you have children. I'm 27 and my wife is 30, we decided it's not financialy responsible to have a kid untill we pay off the house and student loans. Where's my govenment check for making good decisions?
I'm so f-ing tired of whining people that dig themselfs in a hole with twice my income. You paid off a Land Rover so you have to be over a 100k household and you did squat with your income to preserve your future. While you and hubby suck it up, get grandma to watch the kids, put in 60hr weeks a piece, then you'll have plenty of time to think about responsible decisions.

Untill the STFU
toddlerfondler Wrote:Oh and how about thinking about BREEDING before you have children. I'm 27 and my wife is 30, we decided it's not financialy responsible to have a kid untill we pay off the house and student loans. Where's my govenment check for making good decisions?
I'm so f-ing tired of whining people that dig themselfs in a hole with twice my income. You paid off a Land Rover so you have to be over a 100k household and you did squat with your income to preserve your future. While you and hubby suck it up, get grandma to watch the kids, put in 60hr weeks a piece, then you'll have plenty of time to think about responsible decisions.

Untill the STFU

Exalt.
toddlerfondler Wrote:Oh and how about thinking about BREEDING before you have children. I'm 27 and my wife is 30, we decided it's not financialy responsible to have a kid untill we pay off the house and student loans. Where's my govenment check for making good decisions?

Untill the STFU

Also exalt.
katie Wrote:How about the thousands of people that I have supported with my job? I'm due.....

I help save the lives of our military.

It's about time I start killing people to make it even.
That's what she said.
i read every page of this and i still think she shouldnt sell her land rover.if its paid for then no big deal.i grew up in syracuse ny and prob 8 otta 10 poeple on welfare.and 7 outta 10 sitting on there asses buying crack,weed and beer sitting on there porches yelling at all the hard working poeple driving by going to work.sorry if you can get wic to help yourself then get it.i make 50,000 a year my gf makes 30,000 if we could get it i still would
Quote:sorry if you can get wic to help yourself then get it.i make 50,000 a year my gf makes 30,000 if we could get it i still would

So your position is that everyone should get it, whether they need it or not?

You should run for office, I'd vote for you.
i wish i had a savings or assets i dont get help or want it and im poor where do sign up for this stuff i like cheese, milk,and cereal i only make $13/ an hour try living on your own with that . sometimes i look at my co workers and ask them how do you live making $9 an hour guys? and they say we dont. they dont ask for any help and N.H is one of the most expensive states to live in. try going a winter with no heat fun shit when its 0 or below. just before apply for stuff ask your self if someone else needs it more if you say yes dont sign up for it. works for me
benpet76 Wrote:i read every page of this and i still think she shouldnt sell her land rover.if its paid for then no big deal.i grew up in syracuse ny and prob 8 otta 10 poeple on welfare.and 7 outta 10 sitting on there asses buying crack,weed and beer sitting on there porches yelling at all the hard working poeple driving by going to work.sorry if you can get wic to help yourself then get it.i make 50,000 a year my gf makes 30,000 if we could get it i still would

So because "everybody else does it" we should too? Great line of thought there...
The big problem is greedy people suck balls. The pot isn't endless and all the rats are gonna sink the ship. When you and your crack dealing friends, sitting on thier asses, find yourselfs in a desolate America because you bled it dry, you'll be the first crying about where all the tax money went when you haven't paid into the system one cent.

Illegal imigrants, need to be made legal so they can pay taxes.
Gay people, pay taxes so they should get every right i have.
Welfare people, don't do shit so they should not get shit.

It's time to stop playing house and run this ship like a business. No hand outs, you preform a duty or your ass is on the curb. Instead of welfare there should be road crews, you clean a mile of highway and you get your WIC. Clean a park, gets some groceries. Fill some potholes, we'll fill your gas tank. Take the hand you have held out and do something with it.
Here's my 2 cents...

I dela with people all day that are on the government dole. I am in their homes, and see them with hooked up tv's, cable, tivo, etc. problem is, they have no bed. no food in the fridge, etc. it's misplaced priorities. they will look at me and say" why should I get a job when I can get all this smoney and not have to work?" Hard to argue with, except that i point out that you need to have a little self respect. sounds like katie has a similar mindset. if you need a short term fix, go for it, as long as you HAVE ALREADY PAID INTO THE SYSTEM! I don't know if Katie has or not, but she needs to exhaust all efforts first. Get a family member or friend to watch the kids. she can work days, and him nights, if need be. yes, it sucks, but deal with it.

Stop running to the govt. when things go bad. you should have budgeted better. the govt. owes you NOTHING, and you need to accept that. If you are starting to feel the pinch after four weeks, then you really effed up somewhere along the lines in your finances. You should have at least three months of your salary in the bank for a rainy day. your only a third of the way there and you already want to run to Uncle Sam? Unacceptable. Deal with it Katie.
it is absolutely ridiculous to ever consider asking for public money before doing everything you can for yourself. this type of problem could be easily solved by changing the law so that everyone who applies for food stamps or other public assistance has to actually collect something like 100 signatures for the application to be approved. people who ask for public assistance as an avenue to prevent their lifestyle from being disturbed when s*** happens should be put on trial and locked away at their own expense.
Yuppies!
katie Wrote:It is only worth $7000, why would I want to lose that much money?? Idiots!

This was a heated topic and I agree. The vehicle is paid for and not worth enough to make a huge difference. Plus if another job is found then they would have to purchase another vehicle which would mean an additional car payment. I think this is a great example of people never being in this kind a situation, passing judgement on someone who is trying to do the best they can.

I will say that HW opinion on the woman with the full length fur coat sounds dead on though. I hate standing behind someone in line buying hot dogs with what little money I have at the end of the week and having the person in front of me wearing designer clothes pay with an EBT card and then go and get in their brand new Caddy...
Quote:The vehicle is paid for and not worth enough to make a huge difference.

Let's see, if I sell a $7,000 luxury SUV, and then go buy a $1,500 beater car that gets better mileage, that leaves me with $5,500 in my pocket.

How many cans of formula will that buy?
Hell, you sell that vehicle for $7k, and stick to a budget, and that's enough to live off for a couple of months.
I've got to say, I agree with the way Katie is doing things.

Every dollar out of our OWN paychecks has a 7.65% payroll tax that goes into social spending funds.

Next, Every dollar we earn (based on our specific job function) has a percentage for unemployment added on the top of it, as well as disability, etc.

These percentages fund the social programs that are there to help people through tough times.

Now, Katie didn't argue her points very well, but these social programs are not designed to help you only when you hit rock bottom, they are designed to help you avoid hitting rock bottom.

Selling the car is a short term solution, and not something to do the first week that problems happen. She deserves the same opportunities that everyone else receives to help her, albeit temporarily, for the short term future.

Katie, most of the people who are arguing that you should sell everything you own before there is any government assistance, probably don't have anything to be proud of.

They more than likely haven never worked hard to earn the nicer things in life, and believe that because you have them, you should strip your life of these things in order to survive. That is not the case at all. Frankly, that is pretty stupid, and is more than likely the reason they don't have anything to be proud of... they make stupid choices.

The programs Katie is using are like insurance programs that she has paid for. SHE paid for them.

If you got in a fender bender, and it screwed up the bumper, quarter panel, and broke the grill, would you decide to pay for it yourself, or would you claim the insurance for it? Now, every single person who claims insurance raises everyone elses rates, you do understand that, don't you? So, would you pay it out of your pocket or would you have your auto insurance pay for it?

Let's think about this all logically.

And Katie, don't let them bother you... arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, you're still an f'ing retard.
I have vehicle, apartment and health insurance. Guess what, I've never used any of it. Not because I don't need to, but because the paperwork is a EffING PAIN IN THE ASS. I'm stupid. No time for figuring that shit out. Plus, my earballs hurt! STOP YELLING!
rmsthegreat Wrote:Katie, most of the people who are arguing that you should sell everything you own before there is any government assistance, probably don't have anything to be proud of.

They more than likely haven never worked hard to earn the nicer things in life, and believe that because you have them, you should strip your life of these things in order to survive. That is not the case at all. Frankly, that is pretty stupid, and is more than likely the reason they don't have anything to be proud of... they make stupid choices.

Oh, I've got plenty of things in life that I'm proud of. However, I don't think it's right to just immediately go to the government for help, unless every single option has been exhausted. My wife and I have two cars, but if we needed to, we could survive on one. If one of us were to be out of work for an extended period of time, I'd have no second thoughts when it came to selling one of them. That doesn't mean I don't have pride in the things I own, or that I've made stupid decisions in my life. It means I'm willing to sacrifice some stuff, for the better chance to keep my family fed.

I'm glad you think I made a stupid choice to go to college for four years to get my degree. I'm glad you think I made stupid choices because if I were in her shoes I'd sell a gas-guzzling money-pit before I went for government assistance. I'm glad you think I made stupid choices because I'd go get a job flipping burgers before I asked for a free handout. Yeah, giving up my independence, and my ability to try to pull myself out of a bad situation is real stupid. I'm such a dumbass.

Oh yeah, thanks for calling me a slacker, too. I didn't do any work at all to get through college. Nor have I ever worked my ass off at a job to earn my paychecks. Big Grin
rmsthegreat Wrote:I've got to say, I agree with the way Katie is doing things....

Snip the LAS

Gee, I wonder why taxes are so high?

Required reading:

http://boortz.com/more/commencement.html

Take it to heart because this is how it's supposed to be.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Something is going to happen soon that is going to really open your eyes. You're going to actually get a full time job! You're also going to get a lifelong work partner. This partner isn't going to help you do your job. This partner is just going to sit back and wait for payday. This partner doesn't want to share in your effort, just your earnings.

Your new lifelong partner is actually an agent; an agent representing a strange and diverse group of people. An agent for every teenager with an illegitimate child. An agent for a research scientist who wanted to make some cash answering the age-old question of why monkeys grind their teeth. An agent for some poor aging hippie who considers herself to be a meaningful and talented artist ... but who just can't manage to sell any of her artwork on the open market.

Your new partner is an agent for every person with limited, if any, job skills; for every person who ignored all offered educational opportunities, dreaming of nothing more than a job at City Hall. An agent for tin-horn dictators in fancy military uniforms grasping for American foreign aid. An agent for multi-million-dollar companies who want someone else to pay for their overseas advertising. An agent for everybody who wants to use the unimaginable power of this agent's for their personal enrichment and benefit.

That agent is our wonderful, caring, compassionate, oppressive Imperial Federal Government. Believe me, you will be awed by the unimaginable power this agent has. Power that you do not have. A power that no individual has, will have or should have. This agent has the legal power to use force
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Quote:Katie, most of the people who are arguing that you should sell everything you own before there is any government assistance, probably don't have anything to be proud of.

The programs Katie is using are like insurance programs that she has paid for. SHE paid for them.

I usually use my exalt/smite powers for good, but while I sit here in the suburban home that I own, in one of the most exclusive counties in the region, while my cabin cruiser of a boat sits in the driveway next to two SUVs, and while I wait for my pregnant wife to finish showering so I can go check out a motorcycle I've got my eyes on, I think I'll use it for evil this time.

Smite.
hotzester Wrote:I usually use my exalt/smite powers for good, but while I sit here in the suburban home that I own, in one of the most exclusive counties in the region, while my cabin cruiser of a boat sits in the driveway next to two SUVs, and while I wait for my pregnant wife to finish showering so I can go check out a motorcycle I've got my eyes on, I think I'll use it for evil this time.

Smite.

Bravo! Now, do I exalt you, or do I smite the other guy? Decisions, decisions...
I don't think anything Katie is doing is wrong. I hate when people take advantage of the system, but to me it doesn't sound like they are. If they're not making payments on the vehicle and can only get $7000 for it, I don't see a big benefit to selling it, at least at the moment. They'd probably just have to buy another SUV to replace it, which would end up costing them more money. Hopefully things will turn around for them soon.
gatormouth Wrote:They'd probably just have to buy another SUV to replace it, which would end up costing them more money.

Yeah, 'cuz you can't fit six people into a sedan, which wouldn't cost less than a Land Rover, and wouldn't use as much gas. Undecided