Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding trinkets and whatnot
So a friend of mine is getting married this fall and I'm in the wedding. As one of those things they leave on the table for guests to take home they are asking the wedding party to name their favorite love song or a song that reminds us of them.

Is this something that happens at other weddings? Never heard of it before. Granted I'm no wedding crasher and I'm not well versed in the wedding ways but this sounds pretty gay to me. It does give me a lot of ammunition to make fun of him although he blames his bride.

BTW......I picked Muskrat Love by Captain and Tennille ;D

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbh9c0noR4s&hl=en[/flash]
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Is there a reason Uncle Pullfinger was ignored?
burnking Wrote:Is there a reason Uncle Pullfinger was ignored?
I'm an f'n idiot.....why the hell didn't I think about that?!?!?!?!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Is there a reason Uncle Pullfinger was ignored?
I'm an f'n idiot.....why the hell didn't I think about that?!?!?!?!

IDIOT!!!
At least you were visited by peachs, that has to be some consolation.
burnking Wrote:At least you were visited by peachs, that has to be some consolation.
Yes......I do feel blessed.
Quote of the Day:
i DJ on the side for some extra cash and this summer i've done about...8 or so weddings and this is the first i've ever heard of doing something like that.

seems kinda gay.
As one who just got married earlier this summer, I can say I've never heard of this at all.

Baseball is a big part of what brought my wife and I together, so all guests got a custom printed foam #1 finger as they left our ceremony, like what you can buy at a baseball game. They were printed with the date of the wedding and our names.
dino Wrote:BTW......I picked Muskrat Love by Captain and Tennille ;D

Awesome song!! Just plain awesome!!

<<<going to look it up on youtube right now!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
also never heard of it, but it could be fun. as long as they aren't being hardasses and take what they get. even if it's not flattering. what's the idea, to burn cd's with all these songs for guests to take home?

the only weddings i've been to all had the same junk: tealight candles, matches, and a small bottle of bubbles. i guess any kind of variety looks good to me.
The weddings I've been to recently has had shot glasses; candied apples; silver bell; and one just had rolled up thank-you notes.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
My cousin's recent wedding gave little packets for forget-me-not seeds for everybody.
We left little bags of m&m's on our tables. We got our names and wedding date printed on the m&m's. I figured the candy was a welcome relief to the stupid knick knacks and trinkets you get stuck taking home.

I think the song idea is a good idea, and cute.
Here's a song that is good for a wedding,

"Amazed" by Lonestar. It's country, but it is a really good love song for a wedding. It's going to be the bride and groom dance at my wedding!
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Ugh, that's such a cliche song these days. As are most songs played at a wedding. Which is a big reason my wife and I decided to pass on a DJ at ours.
doesn't change the fact that it's good. and it's the first song that my fiancee and i danced to in high school it has meaning to me
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
We went with "God Only Knows". Love the Beach Boys.
jerseygirl Wrote:We left little bags of m&m's on our tables. We got our names and wedding date printed on the m&m's. I figured the candy was a welcome relief to the stupid knick knacks and trinkets you get stuck taking home.

My husband and I had planned the M&M thing for our wedding, but we were going to put them in Chinese take out box things with our names on them.....thank goodness we got to elope 3 months before our planned wedding...Chris was becoming a groomzilla.
lokizilla Wrote:
jerseygirl Wrote:We left little bags of m&m's on our tables. We got our names and wedding date printed on the m&m's. I figured the candy was a welcome relief to the stupid knick knacks and trinkets you get stuck taking home.

My husband and I had planned the M&M thing for our wedding, but we were going to put them in Chinese take out box things with our names on them.....thank goodness we got to elope 3 months before our planned wedding...Chris was becoming a groomzilla.

I kinda had Momzilla....she wasn't entirely awful but there were some moments.
I kinda had Momzilla....she wasn't entirely awful but there were some moments. [/quote]

He got pretty bad, he even wanted to see the wedding dress before he decided on his tux, and bought the head piece he thought I would like.
lokizilla Wrote:I kinda had Momzilla....she wasn't entirely awful but there were some moments.

He got pretty bad, he even wanted to see the wedding dress before he decided on his tux, and bought the head piece he thought I would like.[/quote]

Ha ha the only thing my husband wanted a say in was the menu and music. He stayed out of the way with everything else.