Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF 102.3 in NH not playing FB&Hwings
>Sad
I have been listening to the show for about 5 years in 102.3 the hawk in Concord, NH but since last week they have not been airing the show.

The sister station 101.5 still plays it...

what gives???
I guess youll just have to change the station?
You can stream the audio. Here's a link to the thread that contains the home station stream.

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...thread=634
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Here is what i found out........
Hey Nate-

As a result of a recent Federal Communications Commission ruling, WWHK is currently undergoing an ownership change and has resulted in programming changes on the station. The Free Beer and Hot wings Show and the original HAWK programming can still be found at 101.5 fm and streaming online at www.thehawkrocks.com.

Sorry

-Fronk

JIM FRONK
Program Director
WWHK / WWHQ
11 Kimball Dr., Suite 114
Hooksett, NH
that's interesting

here's the news story

The FCC has denied Nassau Broadcasting's request for temporary waiver of the Commission's attribution rule for in-market Joint Sales Agreements (JSA). The ruling follows the agency's review of Nassau's application to acquire WWHK-FM/Concord, NH, which was dismissed along with the order to end the JSA.

In September, 2004, Arbitron announced the creation of the new Concord, New Hampshire, metro market. Because Nassau already owned five stations in the 26-station Concord metro, the FCC ruled that the proposed transaction would result in Nassau holding seven FM stations and one AM station there, exceeding the six-station total market limit and four-station FM cap limit.

Orginally, Nassau's application for transfer of control of WWHK from Capitol Broadcasting indicated that Nassau would have four stations in the Manchester, NH, metro, as well as the JSA application for Nassau to sell ads on WWHK. Following the dismissal, Nassau argued that there should be a two-year waiting period before a change in an Arbitron Metro would bar station acquisitions.

Nassau also asserted that the Commission has deferred required divestitures pending the outcome of a rulemaking to determine if relaxation of the "one-to-a-market" rule was in the public interest, and that grant of the waiver request would not frustrate the intent of the Commission's multiple ownership rules.

In its ruling, the FCC saind Nassau had not "demonstrated any reason or special circumstance" why it should be permitted to prolong an arrangement the Commission has determined is inimical to competition. Additionally, the agency said that Nassau had no legitimate expectation that a Concord Arbitron Metro would not be created. (08-12-08)
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
watcher69b Wrote:Here is what i found out........
Hey Nate-

As a result of a recent Federal Communications Commission ruling, WWHK is currently undergoing an ownership change and has resulted in programming changes on the station. The Free Beer and Hot wings Show and the original HAWK programming can still be found at 101.5 fm and streaming online at www.thehawkrocks.com.

Sorry

-Fronk

JIM FRONK
Program Director
WWHK / WWHQ
11 Kimball Dr., Suite 114
Hooksett, NH

Welcome to my world. I can't remember the last time that I listened to the show live. It's been at least 2 or 3 years. It sucks hearing the announcement that the station is changing the format let alone not being aware of it before the show stops airing on the station.

The podcast is just as good if you can't listen online.
I'm in the same boat. The only problem is that 101.5 barely comes in on my radio for some reason. That going to change anytime soon?
I was able to hear 101.5 in concord