Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Hippie Chicks Deserve Punishment.
Precisely where does our deference to police end?

On the video section of the webpage a young woman is referred to as a "stupid hippie" as she is presenting a flower to a line of riot police.

The riot police repeatedly hose her in the face with pepper spray. This young woman was not a threat, not in the least. Yet, instead of becoming angry over this gross violation of civil rights... we blame the victim and worship the police who victimize her.

America, your nation is going to pot, and this is precisely why. We're proud of the wrong people. We refuse to think with our heads, bunch of Effing harlequins.

"WELL SHE WAS STUPID FOR OFFERING THE FLOWER, DUH!"

I saw no law that she was violating, she clearly was not acting violently, she made no threatening gestures, and with impunity she has chemicals sprayed into her face.

If I went and sprayed a cop in the face I would be sent directly to prison, do not pass go.

If I tased a cops wife, or kid, or grandmother a couple times on the street "because I felt threatened" by a 9 year old girl, or an 89 year old woman... I would be spit on by the community.

But police get away with this sort of thing all the time. Even when there's video proof of it.

I think the place is pretty much sunk. Too many stupid people who refuse to act appropriately to a government run amok. Too many people who have been bought and sold by politicians and political parties.

So, enjoy it while it lasts... there won't be anything like it for another few thousand years, if ever.
Approaching the police while they are in riot gear is never a good idea.
I would party agree with uglybitch; however, they did not have to spray her a second time while she was walking away. That was just plain wrong.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Now I haven't seen the video, my opinion is based solely on your description of events.

Do you honestly think that she was a kind-hearted person who sincerely just wanted to offer a police officer a flower to thank him for his service? Doubtful.
That's what she said.
She did seem innocent, but the officers were in riot gear, marching and she kept trying to get one of them to break ranks and accept her flower. Finally, she came upon the smartass (because there is one in every group) and he shot her with mace. Then she turned around and was walking away and he shot her again with mace. It wasn't a small stream of mace though, it was more like a fire extinguisher spray.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Sounds like she deserved it. She souldn't be protesting, she should be in the kitchen making some chicken pot pie. ;D :Smile
airhornahole Wrote:Sounds like she deserved it. She souldn't be protesting, she should be in the kitchen making some chicken pot pie. ;D :Smile

I . . . I think you are your avatar!! Tongue
Queenie Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Sounds like she deserved it. She souldn't be protesting, she should be in the kitchen making some chicken pot pie. ;D :Smile

I . . . I think you are your avatar!! Tongue

Why thank you. Wink
Does someone have the video or a link to it?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:Does someone have the video or a link to it?

http://www.indybay.org/uploads/2008/09/01/pepper.mpg
I agree that she shouldn't have approached the officers but she certainly didn't deserve the second blast.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
She didn't deserve either blast. Simply "approaching officers" is not grounds to inflict serious pain and potential injury on someone.

This is what I mean by "deferrence"... we excuse these officers behaviour because what's the alternative?

There isn't one. What are you going to do? Protest? What's to stop the police from showing up and gassing you in the face?
Protest away. Don't approach police in riot gear. What is so hard to understand about that?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
This isn't the 60's. Protests accomplish nothing.

Yeah!! Where's my dinner, bitch?

NWA said it best..." F the police" :Smile
[Image: mban172l.jpg]
Admin Wrote:Protest away. Don't approach police in riot gear. What is so hard to understand about that?

And if the police approach you? Shall we scatter because the police says so?

Welcome to Authoritarianism.
airhornahole Wrote:This isn't the 60's. Protests accomplish nothing.

So it would appear.

What's the next step?
visigoth56 Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:This isn't the 60's. Protests accomplish nothing.

So it would appear.

What's the next step?

That which is ignored, eventually goes away.
visigoth56 Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Protest away. Don't approach police in riot gear. What is so hard to understand about that?

Well if a bunch of cops were coming at me in riot gear, I would probably get the eff out of the way. Don't stand between a man and his mission. No different than if a troop of soldiers were coming at me fully armed, I'd back off and let them do their job. Both are there to serve and protect us.
Queenie Wrote:
visigoth56 Wrote:And if the police approach you? Shall we scatter because the police says so?

Well if a bunch of cops were coming at me in riot gear, I would probably get the eff out of the way. Don't stand between a man and his mission. No different than if a troop of soldiers were coming at me fully armed, I'd back off and let them do their job. Both are there to serve and protect us.

exalt
visigoth56 Wrote:

Let's say I'm downtown shopping. I step out of a store, and find myself looking at a group of police in riot gear, walking in my direction.

Pretty safe to say, they're not after me, but are there for somebody or something else. Now, if I go up to them and bug them, it would be expected that they'd probably do something to detain me- be it cuff me or mace me.

Doesn't mean I'm a victim of Authoritarianism- it means I'm just sticking my nose into crap I shouldn't be.
Queenie Wrote:
visigoth56 Wrote:And if the police approach you? Shall we scatter because the police says so?

Serve and protect us my ass. How am I being served... or protected... by cops gassing teenage girls, or tasing 89 year old women?

This is the worship I'm talking about.

That we should just "assume" the police are right and "know what's best" for us.
I have met my fair share of jack assy cops that are on power trips, but the majority have been great, I think cops are one of the most undervalued people in America. We hate em when they catch us doing something wrong, but we always want one around when we really need them.
That being said, should they pepper spray a protester holding a flower and getting in the way, probably not, but when the protester doesn't move their ass along when ordered to, well what the eff do you expect? Did she think a riot cop would accept her flower and tuck it behind his ear?
Same with that douchey "Don't tase me bro" guy. He wasn't really any threat, but when you're asked to stop what you are doing and cut the shit out and don't, you get what is coming to you. As Free Beer might say "You know who doesn't get pepper sprayed? People that don't get in the way of riot police!"
wingospagettio Wrote:I have met my fair share of jack assy cops that are on power trips, but the majority have been great, I think cops are one of the most undervalued people in America. We hate em when they catch us doing something wrong, but we always want one around when we really need them.
That being said, should they pepper spray a protester holding a flower and getting in the way, probably not, but when the protester doesn't move their ass along when ordered to, well what the eff do you expect? Did she think a riot cop would accept her flower and tuck it behind his ear?
Same with that douchey "Don't tase me bro" guy. He wasn't really any threat, but when you're asked to stop what you are doing and cut the shit out and don't, you get what is coming to you. As Free Beer might say "You know who doesn't get pepper sprayed? People that don't get in the way of riot police!"

What this guy is effectively saying is: When you don't do what the state tells you to do, you deserve the physical punishment that comes with disobedience.

This is important... because it puts the moral crux on the victim... it's the victims fault they did not comply... and therefore it is the victims responsibility to comply...

Not the states responsibility to protectthe civil liberties of its citizenry...

That's what the above gentleman is saying.

If the cop beats you with his baton, it's your fault for being in the way of his stick.

This argument leads to the "The cop can butcher your wife and kids in the street" precipice... becuase that is the eventuality of the authoritarian progression.

When we tell the police they are absolved of any moral guilt for brutalizing the people. When we blame the people for that brutality... and the police are no longer responsible to the people they brutalize you have created the seeds of an authoritarian state.

Effing idiots.
visigoth56 Wrote:Serve and protect us my ass. How am I being served... or protected... by cops gassing teenage girls, or tasing 89 year old women?

Yes, because you know that happens on a daily basis. Nice strawman.
What gino was saying is that if you get your ass beat by a cop, you probably did something to deserve it. Cops don't just walk up to people and start beating on them for no reason. This dumb broad saw the police, and instead of doing the smart thing and leaving she decided to try and be cute with the flower. Police in riot gear don't like cute. They are on a mission. If they told her to leave and she didn't, then she was breaking the law. Guess what cops do to those who break the law, they mace them. She's luck she didn't get the baton.

What is so hard to understand. It's not like she was just sitting in the park and the cop walked up to her and started macing her ass. She's an eff'n idiot.
visigoth56 Wrote:
wingospagettio Wrote:I have met my fair share of jack assy cops that are on power trips, but the majority have been great, I think cops are one of the most undervalued people in America. We hate em when they catch us doing something wrong, but we always want one around when we really need them.
If the cop beats you with his baton, it's your fault for being in the way of his stick.

This argument leads to the "The cop can butcher your wife and kids in the street" precipice... becuase that is the eventuality of the authoritarian progression

Massively flailing conjecturable over-reaction - the new scent from visigoth56
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I'm really having a hard time seeing why people are defending the cop's actions in this case. I can understand if she was in their way and "obstructing justice" that they might have arrested her. However, spraying her with mace was an abuse of power since she was not presenting any threat whatsoever. AND THEN, they sprayed her again! It's very rare that I don't side with the police officers, but this is effing ridiculous.
visigoth56 Wrote:

What this guy is effectively saying is: When you don't do what the state tells you to do, you deserve the physical punishment that comes with disobedience.

This is important... because it puts the moral crux on the victim... it's the victims fault they did not comply... and therefore it is the victims responsibility to comply...

Not the states responsibility to protectthe civil liberties of its citizenry...

That's what the above gentleman is saying.

This argument leads to the "The cop can butcher your wife and kids in the street" precipice... becuase that is the eventuality of the authoritarian progression.

When we tell the police they are absolved of any moral guilt for brutalizing the people. When we blame the people for that brutality... and the police are no longer responsible to the people they brutalize you have created the seeds of an authoritarian state.

effing idiots.
In the town where I live, we recently had a seatbelt sting. I did not see a single one of the perps pulled from their car and maced. Maybe all of those people cooperated and did what the officers asked them to do. It is called personal responsibility. You are ultimately responsible for your own actions. Eff with the people that are trying to keep everyone else safe and see what you get. I would prefer not to eff with those in charge.

And where do you live that you see 89 year old women tased and teen aged girls are gassed, oh and let's not forget about the cop that butchers everyone's wives. I would suggest moving to a commune somewhere out in the desert or maybe you can move into the trees at Cal University. I'm sure everyone there will show you the peace and love that you so crave. Me, I'm going to continue to live here in the real world where sometimes life sucks.

And I'm not an effing idiot....I'm an effing a-hole
Preach on brother. From one a-hole to another.
potthole Wrote:[quote author=visigoth56 board=general thread=1676 post=33681 time=1220561656]

Let's say I'm downtown shopping. I step out of a store, and find myself looking at a group of police in riot gear, walking in my direction.

Pretty safe to say, they're not after me, but are there for somebody or something else. Now, if I go up to them and bug them, it would be expected that they'd probably do something to detain me- be it cuff me or mace me.

Doesn't mean I'm a victim of Authoritarianism- it means I'm just sticking my nose into crap I shouldn't be.

Exactly!
I was reading every post and I'm stopping at this one because you're leaning the direction I am on this one.

Listen, the ass bag martyr that started this thread doesn't realize that cops are put into bad situations all the time. Just because flower lady doesn't look like she's about to do something to them doesn't mean she COULDN'T HAVE.

You're on the FB&HW forum, the same guys who said "if you don't want to be shot by the cops, then don't be running around with guns at 2am!" (paraphrased)

You PUT yourself in those stupid ass situations then YES, something will happen to you. I have yet to be peppered sprayed because I understand some simple principals of life.

One of which is to NOT GO UP TO A GROUP OF COPS WAIVING ANYTHING.
Doesn't matter what you're waiving...just don't do it.

Otherwise I suppose robbers should just walk around with flowers...
potthole Wrote:
visigoth56 Wrote:Serve and protect us my ass. How am I being served... or protected... by cops gassing teenage girls, or tasing 89 year old women?

Yes, because you know that happens on a daily basis. Nice strawman.

The important part... is that it happens... period... and I'm not seeing any headlines that read "Cop sentenced to 20 years for betraying public trust".
Admin Wrote:
visigoth56 Wrote:If the cop beats you with his baton, it's your fault for being in the way of his stick.

This argument leads to the "The cop can butcher your wife and kids in the street" precipice... becuase that is the eventuality of the authoritarian progression

Massively flailing conjecturable over-reaction - the new scent from visigoth56

I know, right? it's not like human history has shown

again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

that those who have the power to brutalize will do so, and will always continue to increase their brutalization.

Oh, I know, it'll be different THIS TIME. Right?

Right?

Who'se with me?
How about the Detroit cop who was wrongfully put in jail when a hopped up crack head died in custody. He was set up by the city to prevent rioting. Is it OK to do that? Afterall, he was a cop and all cops are just here to beat us and mace us.
Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:
potthole Wrote:[quote author=visigoth56 board=general thread=1676 post=33681 time=1220561656]

Exactly!
I was reading every post and I'm stopping at this one because you're leaning the direction I am on this one.

Listen, the ass bag martyr that started this thread doesn't realize that cops are put into bad situations all the time. Just because flower lady doesn't look like she's about to do something to them doesn't mean she COULDN'T HAVE.

You're on the FB&HW forum, the same guys who said "if you don't want to be shot by the cops, then don't be running around with guns at 2am!" (paraphrased)

You PUT yourself in those stupid ass situations then YES, something will happen to you. I have yet to be peppered sprayed because I understand some simple principals of life.

One of which is to NOT GO UP TO A GROUP OF COPS WAIVING ANYTHING.
Doesn't matter what you're waiving...just don't do it.

Otherwise I suppose robbers should just walk around with flowers...

I see.

I don't think there's really much sense discussing the point. Because, ya know, you're pussies.

If you ever decide to, like, stop being pussies, let me know.

Because a pussy gives up freedom for security, and tells me the wisdom of sacrificing my rights because if I don't the police will punish me. They'll tell me the police have a right to punish me. Not for actually breaking any laws, or even doing anything wrong... but effectively because the police felt like it.

Pussies who tip toe around the angry step parent becauseif they don't stay out of his way they'll get a beating they presumably deserve because... well.. the angry step parent says they do.

Right.

There's really no arguing with that kind of weakness.

But really, I suppose it's a benefit.

A much wiser man than I said that it is better to have a weak man as an enemy than as a friend.

And you don't get much weaker than adults who stand up for the rights of the authority to gas teenager girls in the face "so they can feel secure".
airhornahole Wrote:How about the Detroit cop who was wrongfully put in jail when a hopped up crack head died in custody. He was set up by the city to prevent rioting. Is it OK to do that? Afterall, he was a cop and all cops are just here to beat us and mace us.

Come on, tell me you're not too stupid to see the irony of the point you're making...

PEOPLE WHO HAVE AUTHORITY SACRIFICING THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS TO FEEL SECURE.

Come on, tell me you're not THAT Effing dumb that you don't see that you're pointing out the WRONGNESS of people abusing authority... while DEFENDING people abusing authority.

Christ, who are you people? Seriously.
So, what are you gonna do about it pisigoth? Power corrupts, always has always will. The system in place isn't perfect,(NO shit?) I think we should bow down to your superiority and maybe us pussies will learn...

Only YOU can prevent forrest fires.. So get busy...
It has nothing to do with "feeling secure". It has to do with the fact that this chick was dumb enough to try and pull something cute with the riot police. You ahve to realize that the government is not trying to control you. They just want you to act in a manner that is law abiding and not in anyway hurtful to others. They are not seeking out people who are just trying to live their lives and punish them.

And as far as you thinking we're pussies, it sounds like your the tree hugging flower child who would rather give the terrorists a kiss than shoot them in the face. Afterall, it's our fault because we don't understand their religion and culture, right.
visigoth56 Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:How about the Detroit cop who was wrongfully put in jail when a hopped up crack head died in custody. He was set up by the city to prevent rioting. Is it OK to do that? Afterall, he was a cop and all cops are just here to beat us and mace us.

Come on, tell me you're not too stupid to see the irony of the point you're making...

PEOPLE WHO HAVE AUTHORITY SACRIFICING THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS TO FEEL SECURE.

Come on, tell me you're not THAT effing dumb that you don't see that you're pointing out the WRONGNESS of people abusing authority... while DEFENDING people abusing authority.

Christ, who are you people? Seriously.

Man, it must just be a laugh riot hanging with you. You've just posted words on a silly message board and I already can't stand you.

We don't live in a totalitarian state, we don't have cops rousting us for no reason, we have freedom do basically do what we want. For example, putting stupid posts on a message board. If you don't like it here go somewhere else. However, part of me feels stupid for even responding to you because, your tiresome act seems to be tacitly trying to elicit a response to something you cannot possibly REALLY (see I can do it too...the capitalization thing) believe.

But, if you do actally believe it then, as I said in my opening statement, you must be a laugh riot to be around. Pardon the pun by the way. IDIOT!