Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee Titans chances
brytn Wrote:Any other city in America with a 5-0 college team and a 5-0 NFL team?

[biff drop]Darn tootin!![/biff drop]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Hey your team is 6-0 and our team is 0-6 if that's not Karmic harmony I don't know what is
Wowie Groovie !
Ok. I feel like the Titans are doing well, but it's one of those feelings like you get when you're running too fast down hill. You're doing well and going faster than normal, but when you trip (and you will), it's gonna be bad.

Am I alone on this one?
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Ok. I feel like the Titans are doing well, but it's one of those feelings like you get when you're running too fast down hill. You're doing well and going faster than normal, but when you trip (and you will), it's gonna be bad.

Am I alone on this one?

Yes . . . they've got at least one more consecutive win in them. Tongue
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Hopefully! I never bet or brag on any team that I root for. Inevitably, as soon as I do, the big fall that fetusface referred to happens.
brytn Wrote:Hopefully! I never bet or brag on any team that I root for. Inevitably, as soon as I do, the big fall that fetusface referred to happens.

what up Bry? It's not bragging, the Titan's look really good this year. I can't believe the one/two punch we have in the running game. and the defense? C'mon they are good. I think they are going to get better as the season progresses. We just have to concentrate on the Big Turkey Day Game.. Big Grin
brytn Wrote:Hopefully! I never bet or brag on any team that I root for. Inevitably, as soon as I do, the big fall that fetusface referred to happens.

Where in the heck have you been?

Ok, so don't bet on them. We would prefer to keep on winning!! Tongue
I'm not saying we won't win anymore games. I'm just saying that I don't want to get too excited yet. I think they are doing great, and the team looks good. I just think that we've been sneaking by in these games (except KC). Each game seems like the Titan's are barely going to sneak by. I mean I know that they've won most of their games by a fairly good margin, but when I'm watching the game, it just doesn't seem like a well polished team. It seems like they are only going to sneak one more win out each time they play. I dunno. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about and should stfu.
jus' P Wrote:

what up Bry? It's not bragging, the Titan's look really good this year. I can't believe the one/two punch we have in the running game. and the defense? C'mon they are good. I think they are going to get better as the season progresses. We just have to concentrate on the Big Turkey Day Game.. Big Grin

Thanks for that. No really, thanks alot.
airhornahole Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:what up Bry? It's not bragging, the Titan's look really good this year. I can't believe the one/two punch we have in the running game. and the defense? C'mon they are good. I think they are going to get better as the season progresses. We just have to concentrate on the Big Turkey Day Game.. Big Grin

Thanks for that. No really, thanks alot.

In all seriousness though. Teams in Tennessee tend to lose the unlosable games.....
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Thanks for that. No really, thanks alot.

In all seriousness though. Teams in Tennessee tend to lose the unlosable games.....

Welcome to the storied history of the Detroit Lions.
airhornahole Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:In all seriousness though. Teams in Tennessee tend to lose the unlosable games.....

Welcome to the storied history of the Detroit Lions.

I was under the impression that they were a let down for the entire season every year.... hmmm. ???
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Welcome to the storied history of the Detroit Lions.

I was under the impression that they were a let down for the entire season every year.... hmmm. ???

THe last few yes. Prior to that, it was the lose the unlosable story. They have just progressively gotten worse.
Well maybe they'll have a nice little comeback. Lions fans are pretty good fans, are they not? I mean you already have a good back up when/ if you pull(/ pole) your act together.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Well maybe they'll have a nice little comeback. Lions fans are pretty good fans, are they not? I mean you already have a good back up when/ if you pull(/ pole) your act together.

Eff the Lions. Hockey has started. :o
airhornahole Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Well maybe they'll have a nice little comeback. Lions fans are pretty good fans, are they not? I mean you already have a good back up when/ if you pull(/ pole) your act together.

+1
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
jus' P Wrote:

Nah, you guys got me wrong. I was just saying that I am pensive like fetusface, you know kind of waiting for that shoe to fall. I just try to imagine that they still are no good. Then every game I am pleasantly surprised. Thank God for the Titans this year because I have had no uplift from the Vols.
airhornahole Wrote:

+1
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Queenie Wrote:

Where in the heck have you been?

Ok, so don't bet on them. We would prefer to keep on winning!! Tongue

I checked out for about a week or so where I did not get on the computer at all. No emails, no internet. It was pretty cool. Since I don't watch the news I almost felt like I extended my vacation.

Definitely not going to bet on them. Or, against them for that matter.
7-0 baby . . . what a effin game!!
Queenie Wrote:7-0 baby . . . what a effin game!!

Fa'real!

I wish I could've watched it! How exciting is this? I thought that this was going to be the game we'd lose. The Colts have been doing poorly (for the Colts), so I figured last night was the night that they'd be extremely prepared for. MNF would've been the perfect avenue for a come back against the ONLY NFL team that remains undefeated!

I don't care if they stay undefeated all season, but that would be awesome if we had a Super Bowl chance!

I say we keep Kerry Collins in right now. Eff VY. I never wanted him to begin with! I know it was between him and Matt Leinart, but I wanted us to take Cutler or wait a year and snatch up Brady Quinn. He was a fairly decent QB in college, but I think that once he actually gets some playing time in the NFL, he's going to be someone to watch (especially if he can get away from the Browns).
Better watch out for that Thursday in November... we're holding out for a win until then!! Big Grin
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Is football season still going?
airhornahole Wrote:Is football season still going?
Detroit who? Michigan what? No wonder ya'll love hockey so much...
jus' P Wrote:

I was going to type something about football season ending right about the same time Hockey season started. You beat me to it!
jus' P Wrote:

Hey, we do have the #1 Division II football team in the country, Grand Valley State University. They have won 4 out of the last 6 national championships, something like that anyways.

So, we have the Wings and the GVSU Lakers.

That's 2 to your 1. Ha!!

Wait, I forgot the WNBA's shock. Champions!!!!
airhornahole Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Detroit who? Michigan what? No wonder ya'll love hockey so much...

Hey, we do have the #1 Division II football team in the country, Grand Valley State University. They have won 4 out of the last 6 national championships, something like that anyways.

That's 2 to your 1. Ha!!

oh yeah? 3 out of 5 of my school age children brought home straight A's yesterday! Tongue Just trying to one-up you
jus' P Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Hey, we do have the #1 Division II football team in the country, Grand Valley State University. They have won 4 out of the last 6 national championships, something like that anyways.

That's 2 to your 1. Ha!!

oh yeah? 3 out of 5 of my school age children brought home straight A's yesterday! Tongue Just trying to one-up you

Yeah, well 2 out of 3 of mine had all A's. The 3rd doesn't, she's 3. :Smile

To be honest Plunger, all you have to say is, "Well, I didn't have to scrap my windows this morning" or "Well, at least it's not snowing down here."
I hear you airhorn. I remember those days. I actually miss the snow. ( for about a minute ). The kids called yesterday after school and begged to turn on the heat.(It was 64 degrees in the house) I'm a softy, I gave in.
airhornahole Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Detroit who? Michigan what? No wonder ya'll love hockey so much...

That's 2 to your 1. Ha!!

We've got Vandy who .... oh.... We've got the Preds who...ummm.... We've got UT who......yeahhhhh..... we've got the Titans!!! And We've got the Lady Vols Basketball team!!!

Tongue
8-0 anyone????? anyone?????

* Opens koolaid Pouch, scarf's it *

that GB game was tedious but I love the way the team is stepping up.
Just looking over things on the net and came across this. I have to say I like the way this guy writes and ( being a HUGE titan fan myself ) I agree that the passing game neeeeeeeeeeds to step it up, not just in the 4th with 2 min left.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/75373...eferrer=gn
Well that one was a little scary to begin with! Chicago was ready to play and just shut down our running game, but we did step up our passing game. Way to go Titans!!!!

9-0!!!!
Oh yeah?! Well the Lions are 0-9 Baby!!! Tongue
Rock Monster Wrote:Oh yeah?! Well the Lions are 0-9 Baby!!! Tongue

Hey maybe that will all change on Thanksgiving Day!?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Another shaky start, but we pulled through it. 10-0 . . . wow, that is just awesome.
17 more days until the biggest upset of the year!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
airhornahole Wrote:17 more days until the biggest upset of the year!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Two words:

"I'd Shit"

....ok so technically it's three words....
Hey 10-1 ain't bad!!! Brett Farve did the "do-it-to-it." He was very awesome, as was the entire Jets team. I won't make any excuses about our defense being without a couple of players. You shouldn't be that shallow. Way to go Jets and Jets' fans. We'll take 10-1!! Gotta keep us humble!!!!!!!
It was a good game and it's not like the Titans weren't trying....my teams 8-3...bad loss for the Panthers today. Sad