Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pull/Pole
I just happened to wake up this morning WAAy early and heard the flashback today. It was the return of the "Pull/Pole" discussion!

Now, who hear thinks Zane is correct and that they do sound the same?

OR do u think Hot Wings is right and they sound VERY different?

FYI, Hot Wings is right...Zane is an idiot
He definitely said "pole" at first, but he's gotten a lot better. I work went to school with a lot of people from south Jersey and they pronounce "pull" and "full" as "pool" and "fool". Very irritating. Why can't everyone just talk like me?
That's what she said.
My brother once got pissed off because everyone around us was speaking Spanish. Normally I would agree with him. However, we happened to be in Mexico.

I know, not on topic. But it is about people talking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZOuitTYt4

Pull/Pole the song
Allyson Wrote:He definitely said "pole" at first, but he's gotten a lot better. I work went to school with a lot of people from south Jersey and they pronounce "pull" and "full" as "pool" and "fool". Very irritating. Why can't everyone just talk like me?

Because people who live in south jersey all sound like they are short of a chromosome or two.
If you think "ull" and "ole" make the same sound, you are retarded.
I don't think it's that big of a deal, I found someone else who heard it and realized they speak zaneish and they practically had a fit trying to fix themselves. They just couldn't get it. I finally just simplified it for them and said, Pull = P (uh) LL, Pole = P (oh) LE. Subtle yes, but who the F really cares.

In related news, when I was in high school it came to my attention that I pronounced the word "both" - "bulth". A lot of people in my family do that. Ive heard Zane actually do it several times. I managed to change my pronunciation because once I realized it it annoyed me, but it wasn't like other people really pointed it out. I'd like to think I sound less simple now, but I'm far from objective
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
They sound the same. Or do they? It just depends on how the person says it. Everybody knows the context when they hear the sentence (reading it is a different story because you can see it). This a rediculous discussion other than the fact that it was hilarious to hear the arguement on the air. But otherwise, WHO GIVES A EffING SHIT!
They sound the same...if you're a douche.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
My wife, who grew up in China and speaks with an Asian accent, knows the difference and when she heard that on the "best of" she couldn't believe that Zane seriously believed there was no difference.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
How is it that they think pole and pull sound different but barry and berry sound the same?
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:How is it that they think pole and pull sound different but barry and berry sound the same?

Because they have college educations.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Barry is pronounced as you would say "hairy" B-hairy/B-airy

Berry is pronounced as you would say "very"

I don't understand how ANYONE can NOT hear the difference and when I heard the podcast it annoyed me so bad I had to make this ridiculous post.
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:Barry is pronounced as you would say "hairy" B-hairy/B-airy

I don't understand how ANYONE can NOT hear the difference and when I heard the podcast it annoyed me so bad I had to make this ridiculous post.

I can hear the difference, but I know that I say them the same.

Pull/Pole on the other hand, I say and hear them differently.
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:Barry is pronounced as you would say "hairy" B-hairy/B-airy

I say Barry as rhyming with vary or marry.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:

I say Barry as rhyming with vary or marry.

Yes, and Berry rhymes with Merry, and Cherry for further emphasis here

I do believe that people may pronounce them the same elsewhere, but anyone who claims they can't hear the difference between the two when someone is very clearly saying two different words is just lying to themselves to prove their own point. This is why new jersey needs to be its own country.
I think you are all on drugs.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
I can understand the debate. I live in Maine and people up here think that pattern and patent sound the same. So do the names, Don and Dawn. It's so bad at times, I want to strangle people.
http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?ac...201&page=1
Moobs Minger Wrote:http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?ac...201&page=1

Thanks?
Also, bury = berry.
That's what she said.
mmgil97 Wrote:I can understand the debate. I live in Maine and people up here think that pattern and patent sound the same. So do the names, Don and Dawn. It's so bad at times, I want to strangle people.
i'm a bad one for this. i'm one of those maine douchebags that pronounces "cars" like "cahs."
i blame my fathah.
Allyson Wrote:Also, bury = berry.

Yes, correct, I forgot that one.
bury Manilow
jus' P Wrote:bury Manilow

I agree, that guy sucks, lets put him 6 feet under.
It really aggravates me when people pronounce too, to, and two the same. People are dumb.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:It really aggravates me when people pronounce too, to, and two the same. People are dumb.

Right, except all three of those words use the same vowel layout, if you were saying that too and toe sound the same, then this would be a bit more accurate
Well, if you want to get technical, it pisses me off when people say they're, their, and there the same.
Rock Monster Wrote:Well, if you want to get technical, it pisses me off when people say they're, their, and there the same.

That's more like it!

Actually it doesn't bother me when people say barry/berry the same, its when someone is clearly saying them completely differently and the person is claiming that they are being said the same that pisses me off.
providencecrow Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Well, if you want to get technical, it pisses me off when people say they're, their, and there the same.

That's more like it!

Actually it doesn't bother me when people say barry/berry the same, its when someone is clearly saying them completely differently and the person is claiming that they are being said the same that pisses me off.

I really don't care about the whole issue. Is it really that big of a deal to people that you have to get worked up about it?
Rock Monster Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:That's more like it!

I really don't care about the whole issue. Is it really that big of a deal to people that you have to get worked up about it?

I'm going to say probably not, i find it amusing, and since im home sick from work, trying to invoke arguments over the internet is the only thing that keeps me going haha.
I have another one too.... read and red. Why do people think those sound the same?
blue vs blew?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
right and write
affect and effect... I say them the same, even though they shouldn't be.
Rock Monster Wrote:affect and effect... I say them the same, even though they shouldn't be.

you're weird then because i definitely say them differently and i hear most people doing so as well. if this thread has taught me anything it is that english class in school needs to put a little more emphasis on vowel pronunciation. Screw no child left behind, i say no vowel left behind. >Sad
On a serious note, every time I hear someone pronounce the word "milk" as "melk" a little part of me dies.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:On a serious note, every time I hear someone pronounce the word "milk" as "melk" a little part of me dies.

Yeah that's a bad one, but what is worse is when someone mispronounces Soda as "Pop". I am still not sure how that one gets effed up. Big Grin
providencecrow Wrote:
Admin Wrote:On a serious note, every time I hear someone pronounce the word "milk" as "melk" a little part of me dies.

Yeah that's a bad one, but what is worse is when someone mispronounces Soda as "Pop". I am still not sure how that one gets effed up. Big Grin
[Image: popvssodamap.gif]
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
As someone who's lived in Michigan my whole life, I'm proud to say "pop." However, when there are so many people who would call a "Pepsi" a "coke," I call on the "soda" people to join us in shaming the ambulance driverness out of these people.